[Offline] Dig, Hiss, Boom! ~ Babby's First Hardcore ~ No Whitelist

sdbaynham
By sdbaynham in Servers,
Before playing here, please install this mod! It fixes a bug in TFC that causes crashes when a server doesn't let you log in. This is important at D.H.B. because we have a temporary deathban. Just install it like a normal mod, over TFC. If you use magic launcher it will claim "No mods found" or something, but just ignore it. It patches a single TFC source file to fix the bug. http://www.mediafire.com/?zpyaxk95p0eacz8 <-- Updated for 48b!! (tested working in 48f) You don't need that mod to play at D.H.B., but if you get deathbanned it's real annoying without it. Server Url: dighissboom.minecraft.ms Type: Man v. Wild Whitelist: Nope! Slots: 20 Smart Move? Hell yeah. Dig, Hiss, Boom is a hard-mode server that's intended to have a fun, creative atmosphere, while still making the game tough, hopefully requiring some amount of skill to survive. It's maintained by me, and has a number of custom-built mods to make the server work for us, how the players want it to. So what makes D.H.B. great? Buttery Smooth Performance The server is hosted on the inimitable MinecraftServerHost, a host with an excellent reputation for both service and performance. We have a 3-core server with 1.6Gb running, and I've even artificially lowered the player cap until we can guarantee great performance for every player. Obviously running around in creative mode setting up spawn isn't the most SCIENTIFIC of tests, but I can say that I didn't even realize I was playing on the internet- I didn't have a single block rollback, not a single pause or hitch. That's the sort of lag-free experience I'm looking to provide for every player. A Hardcore Survival Experience Our server is set to hard difficulty, I've got 100% cave-ins turned on, and I'm turning on the 5-minute deathban right now. And it's only going to get tougher. This is the ultimate experience for overcoming your environment and having a great time while doing it. You'll need to play smart, but there's also room to let your creative side come out and make a great build. Basically, this is Terra Firma as it was meant to be played. Does this mean new players aren't welcome? Of course not! Just because the game ought to require skill doesn't mean it has to be awful- we have a spawn area set up so that you can wait for your first morning to venture out into the world (but you can't return to safety once you leave it!) And I'm going to do something with those damn creepers, though I'm not sure exactly what yet. As well, I'm available to answer questions from newbies whenever. I love to see new players trying out Terra Firma, so don't be afraid to ask! Custom Mods! We've already got the 5 minute deathban in, and I've made some changes to player spawning to make the "spawn area" a thing. More is coming! We're gonna keep making the game more fun, more usable, and tougher. I love making small tweaks to the game, so if you have an idea (that doesn't change TFC areas of the game too much) just lemme know. Finished Mods: - Temporary Deathban - Spawn area - A little sign link hack for the spawn area signs - A thief catching system to log chest access - Not a mod, but I turned on 100% cave-ins. So good luck with that! - Not my mod, but we got Smart Move! - Creepers don't destroy landscapes, just you and your house. Coming Soon: - MOAR ANTI GRIEF - Item despawn tickers will tick even when their chunk is unloaded (with the 5 min deathban, this makes losing your stuff VERY EASY!) - /telling stuff to players echos into your chat window, and typing a garbage command produces a "not a real command" message. Coming Later: - Item protection! - Factions maybe? - Who knows? The Rules - No being a dick! That means no stealing, respect peoples' personal space (that means don't build crap in their backyard if they don't want you to, don't dig in their mines, if you're asked to leave a settlement, just go, etc). No griefing or trying to find interesting ways to damage other players. Don't give people shit for asking questions, don't spam people or beg for teams or stuff in an obnoxious way. - Just play the game! Post Stuff! Post screenshots of your builds, neat houses, and tech progress in this thread! If you wanna post all excited about your bismuth pickaxe, that's fine, too!
  • 451 replies