Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
sdbaynham

[Offline] Dig, Hiss, Boom! ~ Babby's First Hardcore ~ No Whitelist

452 posts in this topic

We ran out of memory. What causes it? Not sure- tried something, let's see if it takes.

OK just to let u know the server crash cost me a lot stuff so be careful if server is lagging hard not to try putting stuff into ur chests just wait to see if lag calms down or if it crashes all together i didn't and lost 4 stacks of charcoal 3-4 stacks of basalt bricks and 2 and a 1/2 stacks of fences and a few little things i cant even remember i had on me . just a warning to keep an eye on the lag while playing :) good luck all

im giving up for the night lol the mrs will be home soon and it is her birthday so ill cya all on tomoz (probably with 5 new updates and three new maps lol)

yes same as last time i think same situation we could talk to each other but nothing else lol

This past one was the concurrent modification exception, server is back up.

cant play i got killed by an invisible (to me) creeper waited the five minute death ban logged back in started falling through the world so logged out and tried again spawned by my bed and then kept glitching through the floor for 10 mins up and down managed to slowly get out of it and then couldnt interact with anything in the world when i dc'd again then relogged i was back glitching through my bed ????? i may have to give up this server till new map is released :( ill wait till slink is able to try tping me or restart the server to see if it fixes the problem if not good luck all.

server hit the ground too hard

server left the game

hmmm i was horribly wrong -.-

restart script working again?

Keeps crashing. need someone who has access to restart the server online a lot. coz they fucked it up with this update

well i cant blame him (admin), his probably sleeping^^

when its day in his timezone, hes restarting pretty fast.

Concurrentmodificiationexception again- I think this means that clearing the deathlist fixed the memory issue. Pretty much means that I need to move the FMPHardcore deathlist over to a sqlite database.

Not sure if you were aware, no one has mentioned it here... there's an issue with spawn, somehow it got moved to 10k, -10k with the 50c upgrade. New players have been spawning there and some that don't have a bed set spawn there too after getting killed. If they run/boat all that 10k back, the chunk gen lag is unbelievable.

Jed1314 has been using a map pregen mod on Terra which might help here if/when a new map needs to be done. https://sites.google.com/site/minecraftlandgenerator/

Guys, total disaster. The programme that was pre-genning the terrain actually overwrote the server .jar that had TFC on it. In practice, this means the pre genning failed miserably.

I haven't managed to get it to work on mcedit or MLG so I have two choices:

Keep the server down and keep trying

OR

Upload the server now, it will be up in 20 mins but none of the terrain will be generated before, so it could be quite laggy. Your choice.

Pretty much means that I need to move the FMPHardcore deathlist over to a sqlite database.

That seems pretty extreme. I assume the deathlist in currently a flat file database?

If there's a memory leak using a flat file database, I don't think you're going to have any better luck using sqlite. In fact, I think it would increase the chance that you'll have a memory leak.

Of course, I've never looked at the deathban code, so I'm making a lot of assumptions here.

----------------

Najul, are you suggesting that chunks are not being unloaded after players leave them?

Edit: nevermind, I hadn't really looked into Minecraft Land Generator enough before posting.

The deathlist is currently stored in memory and blown out to a flat file on save on the basis that it's not very big and most entries don't remain in there for more than 5 minutes, but I checked it out and it got really huge from players not ever logging again after dying or whatever. Stuff like the op list, ban list, etc. works the same way. The problem is with the death list getting this big, I need something that'll let me pull the individual items I need from the file without loading the whole file into memory- sqlite provides this and is also more performant than other options (like just opening the file and parsing through the contents in linear time on-disk every time I need something from the file). It's also super easy to implement sqlite, not sure where you got the impression that it's extreme or whatever.

I get THIS error when I try to join the server:

Internal exception: java.io.IOException: Bad packet id 108

I am using the latest build, and everything is installed properly.

HELP MEEEEEEE, I am suffering from DHB withdrawal!

It's also super easy to implement sqlite, not sure where you got the impression that it's extreme or whatever.

Truthfully, I'm remembering an attempt that I made to set up sqlite on a server a long time ago where I had limited access. It was painful, but it was also my very first experience using a database instead of just flat files.

I'm suddenly interested in MLG, now that Najul brought it up. It pregenerates a square map of a defined size, so that map generation is not done while players are online. What happens when a player gets to the border? Does it keep them from exploring? If a 50,000 x 50,000 world was pre-generated, how much disk space would it take? I'm assuming that TFCraft worlds are considerably larger than normal since sea level is higher (air blocks are compressed in anvil).

I'm not sure, I'll need to do some experimentation. I'd like to keep the world size under about 4-5Gb. MLG is a third-party app, not a mod, so the server would work just like normal, although I could whip up something like BorderGuard to prevent players from going further.

Also, joey, what version of forge are you using? I'd try 4.1.1.251

borders of 5-10000 in each direction should be enough id say but that should take up a lot of space on ur HDD :( oh well heres hoping that the next update from bioxx is the one that fixes all our problems :)

I'm sure that Bioxx would find it helpful if we could actually figure out exactly what is causing the instability. If it's actually due to the deathban plugin as Slink suggested, then it's obviously not something for Bioxx to fix.