Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
sdbaynham

[Offline] Dig, Hiss, Boom! ~ Babby's First Hardcore ~ No Whitelist

452 posts in this topic

As I mentioned previously, the we crashed like twice a couple days ago from the memory issue. The crashes since I cleared the list have all been concurrency exceptions which bioxx is already aware of and working on.

i wantz to play TFC wit yoo, but I cantz. D:

WHY ID ERROR 108 WHY?!?!?!

Block lag is pretty bad. I can't even cut down trees to make charcoal. Can't eat either. I've noticed that wonderful creeper mod also stopped working. Ah well, I'd be in favor of bringing the server down because in it's current state it's pretty unplayable to me.

As far as I know DHB is the only advertised server running the latest version of TFC. Yeah it's frustrating but we're also helping Bioxx with feedback and bug reporting. It's the bleeding edge. B)

hello i want to join but i see the server is offline or closed :(

Server's back up- I'll have time to get the mods into ship shape this weekend. if 50d isn't up by monday, or if 50d still has the same issues then I'll roll us back to 47j.

Ya I don't think crops are growing either.

I am still afraid that the new build is doing too much and causing all of that block lag.

is the server still active? I am new to TFC but would like to try it for the first time here.

Build 51 is out, gimme a bit of time to try and improve our server mods and I'll try and put 51 up tomorrow night.

hey, slink can you not make a border guard mod because my house is ~10000 blocks from spawn, because of the spawn changing.. also I died quite far so i am trying to walk there to get my stuff.

Did the server crash or has it been taken down to update?

Slink, Do you think you can update any earlier because at the night time where you are i will be asleep and i have college tommorow. :(

What's going to happen with player items with build 51? There have been several block id changes.

There has? like?

Well in my SSP world, the new recipe for making plans for a bucket would give me a wooden bucket, instead of the plans for it.

Deleting the config file and letting TFC recreate a correct one changed several items in my chests. Rocks turned into metal knives, ores turned into other ores or stone knives, and various other unimportant items got changed as well.

Hey guys, how are things? I'm too busy to TFC, but how is everybody.

Looks like a new map and some border guard might be necessary to keep the lag monsters under control. Not my call to make but such is life in beta testing. Been messing with 51 since last night, and Bioxx is already posting notes for 5x in the changelog. :)

Yah I know the feeling, no other game can hold my attention like this one anymore.

I think slink should start getting help with his server, because it is very annoying with all the crashing and he is rarely online alot to fix it.

Restarted the server, but not updated. The point of the server is it's not supposed to crash daily. :

EDIT: MCMyAdmin is actually supposed to automatically restart minecraft on a crash, but it doesn't seem to work all that well.

Okay, guys,

The server is now up. it is running build 51, forge 4.1.1.251, and smart move 10.4. It appears to be working well- I've pregenned a 12kx12k area centered on 0, 10k.

Just two problems:

1. 0, 10k is apparently in the middle of a big ol' ocean. I had to move the spawn somewhere land-locked. So that's gonna reduce the available area before we start getting problems. I didn't even think to check where I was putting down the spawn point! :

2. TFC is apparently doing something weird with the spawn point, causing it to move back to the old northern-hemisphere spot it used to be at. This is apparently happening during startup, because I even copied out the level.dat with the correct spawn point, shut down, copied it back in, started up, and it STILL reset the spawn point. As long as the crashes are fixed, we're probably in ok shape until I can get a solid solution going. The server seems, at least at first glance, to have better performance than past builds.

I don't think this is build 51. Chests are still small, and dirt is still stacking as usual.

That would explain the zinc knives, and possibly the spawn issues. On the brighter side, the map pregen has made a big difference :)