Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
sdbaynham

[Offline] Dig, Hiss, Boom! ~ Babby's First Hardcore ~ No Whitelist

452 posts in this topic

DarkLadyPhoenix is putting together some kind of pretty multi-tiered tree-farm.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Fifleche found MOOSHROOMS! Posted Image

Faqir has been working on his house: Posted Image

It now harbors a terrible secret.... Posted Image

AND HOLY CRAP A RESTAURANT! Posted Image

Bartender Faqir is ready to take your drink order: Posted Image

This aquarium sets the mood: Posted Image

The kegs and fridge: Posted Image

Relax in your booth: Posted Image

Come back soon! Posted Image

Serenvio and adamh1995 are starting to build out the area around their house: Posted Image

The mine: Posted Image

We're doing an update in 2 hours- on the menu tonight is some badly-needed improvements to ThiefTaker's admin user interface, some minor ThiefTaker DB access and creeper nerf optimizations, some background schema & sqlite library updates that are required to increase the amount of stuff we log to ThiefTaker, some experimental thread priority modifications to try to give the God Thread more time to work, and a couple minor TFC Heat optimizations. I'll be around afterward if anything terrible happens.

Uh oh what happened did a creeper blow up the server?

Weird stuff guys- the server said you were all logged in and I could talk in the console. Thought you were just being real quiet...

EDIT: Looks like we ran out of heap space, which explains the crazy lag spikes you were getting, as the server tried frantically to GC anything it could find. We only had 9 players online and blew through 1.6Gb (vanilla uses around 80Mb per player), so you if you have any idea of something you were up to which may have caused a memory leak, lemme know.

Holy and I were panning at the same time a few minutes ago? I honestly haven't the slightest idea what might and what might not cause lag.

Okay, yeah, that time 6 of you blew through our heap in about an hour. The server has restarted again.

In case anyone was wondering about the current state of Cedar Hills, my town, here's a screenshot I took with this cool beauty effects mod. It's not much right now, but we're still building. Don't be too harsh, please, we don't have many resources, and building can be quite difficult for us. Here goes:

Posted Image

In case anyone was wondering about the current state of Cedar Hills, my town, here's a screenshot I took with this cool beauty effects mod. It's not much right now, but we're still building. Don't be too harsh, please, we don't have many resources, and building can be quite difficult for us. Here goes:

Posted Image

Holy Shit... That's amazing...

That's so weird, because I got a mod that rendered the town like this: Posted Image

Nice job on the rail, by the way.

BUILD 48 IS OUT!!!

Here's what's on the menu:

1. TONIGHT I will be taking pictures of the best builds on the server and putting up a poll. Vote for the best build of DHB1!!!

2. TONIGHT I will begin the process of updating our server's mods to b48. Expect this to take about a day.

3. SOME TIME THIS WEEK we will be doing an update to the latest b48 version. This could be as early as 48 hours from now, if there is no b48a.

4. WHEN WE UPDATE, we will be doing a map reset. All the oldbies hate this seed for garnierite-related reasons, and I want deer!

5. THE WINNER OF THE POLL will get the opportunity (if they wish) to design the spawn building for DHB2 and make it in creative mode.

6. WHEN WE RESET THE MAP, I will post a download link to the current one if you like your current shit and wanna play it out in SSP.

WE WILL BE UPGRADING AS QUICKLY AS IS REASONABLE. I don't want to move over to the new version before the alphabet soup updates play out, though, and I want to give people the opportunity to vote before we move over.

THANKS FOR YOUR COOPERATION!

DEEEEEERRRR! And hopefully better spawns of stone and metals. WinWin. Boo for having to start over though x.x

Holy Shit... That's amazing...

I didn't think it was that bad... you didn't have to call it shit

D:

Depending on how long this map lasts, would you be willing to offer a few rocks at the spawn after the first surge of players joins? My friends and I, as new players, had to travel quite far to settle due to there being no stones on the ground. I know it's part of the TFC experience, but it spreads us players far and thin.

tl;dr After the region near the spawn starts to become empty of stones, add a chest for newbs to get rocks, or replace rocks on the ground in creative or something.

There should be some rock respawning anyway and I could look into upping that rate a bit, but due to the increased importance of meat in this latest update you guys might find yourself having to settle quite far from spawn anyway, to get enough food to live.

I updated to Beta 2 48, & all the animals are BABIES! sooo cute! & I can jump fine. I saved the Jar file for Beta 47, in case I need it.

Hey everyone! I've fixed the baby animal & farming world corruption issue on my machine. If I can get the hostile mobs spawning again, I'll start trying to get a build pushed tonight or tomorrow at lunchtime. A few caveats:

1) Animals will still LOOK like babies until you get a client patch. Dunkle implied in another thread that he had passed the fixes to bioxx already so this will probably be a non-issue. The animals will drop all their goodies even without a client fix, though.

2) The client mod to fix the ban crash will NOT work in 48b, and will itself crash your client, so don't try to use it. I'll get a 48b-specific version assembled very shortly, but I'm trying to get the server up first. Sometime tomorrow evening most likely.

I've fixed the mob spawning issue. I'm going to build a jar & check for all green locally but the new map is starting tonight.

Build is looking good, we're ready to go, just gotta download the old world.

And we're up! DHB2 is now live, I'm in-game setting up our temporary spawn shack until our apparent DHB1 winner, DarkLadyPhoenix, can set up the permanent one. Upgrade to 48b and come play!

Spawn shack is all set up and I am crashing into bed- post about any problems here!

EDIT: Whoops, forgot to put in smartmoving. Fixed!