Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Jed1314

Blacksmithing Changes

68 posts in this topic

ah,

yknow is it sad that even though im active on the TFC forums, i havn't actually played TFC in months?

More like it's been unplayable for months

Zing!

Been on hiatus from TFC for a bit.

Pfft, all you people on hiatus. This is HERESY!

No condiment.

Stupid autocorrect.

No condiment.

Stupid autocorrect.

Wut... are you sure you are trying to contact Mcdonalds about an order?

I meant "no comment."

:D yey, now i'm not the heretic that doesn't play TFC while participating in the forums!

On the other hand. i kinda feel sorry about those who don't pl- HAHAHAHAHAHAH xD

:D yey, now i'm not the heretic that doesn't play TFC while participating in the forums!

On the other hand. i kinda feel sorry about those who don't pl- HAHAHAHAHAHAH xD

You finally got Minecraft to work JAG?

Yep :3 sorrily i can't play right now because i'm on my grandfather's computer, he has nearly 4000 antivirus, antispywares, anti-ANYTHING installed, and almost no space for programs at all. And no Java. Kinda sucks ._.

Yep :3 sorrily i can't play right now because i'm on my grandfather's computer, he has nearly 4000 antivirus, antispywares, anti-ANYTHING installed, and almost no space for programs at all. And no Java. Kinda sucks ._.

yeech, thats a bit excessive dontchya think?

Counter active actually, all antivirus software think all the others are virii, just delete all of them and get Avast antivirus, best one out there.

Counter active actually, all antivirus software think all the others are virii, just delete all of them and get Avast antivirus, best one out there.

Ick. I use AVG and Malwarebytes

Kaspersky's ok too

*shrug* each to their own i suppose. but anyways, i don't want to get a long discussion of Anti virus software here, start a new thread in off topic discussion.

But the blacksmithing changes in this are fairly well thought out, and might be good to make Actual skills in TFC useful (as in, the player's skill, not steve's) not everyone should be able to one make perfect armor, i think making the system more random would be good, as in make the start position different every new time. as currently there are people who memorize the recipes, and tell everyone. it should be knowing how far you need to go by eye.

and it might be good to make Actual skills in TFC useful (as in, the player's skill, not steve's)

but then again not everyone laying TFC is a professional blacksmith or miner or carpenter or whatever

They should be, so there would be fewer people just being jack of all trades, have you seen the eloquent posts that dunk made showing his visions of how servers should operate?

but then again not everyone laying TFC is a professional blacksmith or miner or carpenter or whatever

Well, division of labour I think is a great thing, you can dabble in everything on your own but to join a society you should provide some personal unique benefit.

Well, division of labour I think is a great thing, you can dabble in everything on your own but to join a society you should provide some personal unique benefit.

true true but i still think everything to be able to be done in singleplayer so people who dont play on a server can do everything they need

true true but i still think everything to be able to be done in singleplayer so people who dont play on a server can do everything they need

But that is kind of what (I suspect) this mod is trying to move away from.

The idea of a "1 man island" just isn't really great for "kingdoms" based servers, which is where the mod is headed.