Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Jed1314

[Offline] Terra - [RPPvP] [Factions] [Democratic Rules]

Server Back-story Vote   37 members have voted

1. 1. Who's Back-story do you prefer ? (can be found here:http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/1523-terra-rppvp-factions-democratic-rules-eta-2nd-sep-applications-are-open/page__view__findpost__p__19156)

• ECC's
    • Arthur's

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

698 posts in this topic

or you can sentence him to stand on a 40 blocks high pole while dodging arrows

or you can sentence him to stand on a 40 blocks high pole while dodging arrows

Yep, that too.

Anything you want, as I said. The proposal for the punishment will come during the trial.

id like to be the executioner if its not a problem

id like to be the executioner if its not a problem

There won't really be an executioner per-se .. We can sort out these details when the server is actually running :)

The ship was rocking violently in the storm. Lightning streaked across the sky, followed by the deafening boom of thunder. You, along with the rest of the crew, are still out in the rain, which falls with such force that you are sure it will break the skin soon enough. Suddenly, the captain shouts. His voice is drowned out by the wind and the rain. You see him drop to the deck and grab ahold of the ships rail. Before you even understand what has happened, an almighty crack sounds. You are thrown off your feet. When you awake, the storm has cleared. The ship sits, half sunk on a rocky bank. Nearby, you can see the shore of a distant, unfamiliar land. You set off for the shore. Your only goal: To survive as best you can.

That is my flavour text segment :)

Time to write an official lore...

To MICROSOFT WORD!!!!! *Flies away*

'so long as the jury and judge pass it'

~facepalm~

what if... lets say im not running a democracy? What if im running a dictatorship or monarchy? There is no judge or jury, the leader of the land knows all. while the server would be run as a democracy, each faction should be run as their own goverment

Below, the lore I have done:

"Water. Everywhere. Thirst. Not safe.

Samuel Enderson was at sea. His mind, broken as the ship below. Dying of dehydration, he floated about on a chest. Already the hallucinations were rampant, as he watched a bird dive into the water and a fish leap in its place. He saw a green man swim about before finally disappearing in a thunderclap. Time passed, days, hours, minutes, He was not sure. A new hallucination took place and he groaned at the cruelty of it. A massive shoreline in the distance abundant with tropical trees and shrubs.

Dim. Fading. Darkness, gone. He passed out.

Pain. Light. Hurt... But alive.

Opening his eyes, he sees a beautiful young woman and an old man standing over him. The woman is kneeling, pouring fresh water into his mouth. The woman stood, as the man knelt next, rubbing something onto his head.

Darkness. He passed out again.

He awoke some time later. Sitting up, he looked around. No one in sight. He touched his head, nothing there. He decided it was a dream, and stood up. Looking to the sky, he saw it was late. He walked from the beach, and into the trees, looking for wood.

Walking back, he noticed movement. a large black beast. Quietly, he stepped back, setting the wood down. Before he can plan, the beast attacks from behind, Sinking its fangs deep. This beast was not the expected meal, a boar, but far more fierce, a dragon in disguise. 'Nay, a spider,' He thought. Already, he felt the poisons running up his arm, removing feeling as they slowly passed. Throwing the spider aside, he grabbed a log, and charged. The spider flipped over, about to attack again, when the log came down. A sickening crunch, and it was over. Grabbing both the dropped wood and the carcass, he moved back to the beach.

He ate. He warmed. He slept.

'Found another!' Sam woke with a start, as an unfocused figure stood above him calling out. 'Lets get you into town newbie,' the man spoke as looking him over, 'looks like you had a fun night. How was the spider? I hear they taste real good, special'y when in season.' Sam looked around entirely confused. 5 men, armed with spears and light armor scored the beach, sifting though bits of the wreak that brought him here. 'Where am I?' the often heard question of the shores rang out. Laughing, the tan skinned man replied 'Terra. Welcome to Terra, land of gods know where.'

So is the story of the many who wash ashore."

the last name 'Enderson' has NOTHING to do with endermen. Its a name I came up with a long while before endermen where introduced into MC. It just happens to be a fitting name in this case.

Please note this is written with me knowing VERY little about the mod, and without me having played it at all. Also note, that this is not my typical genre, so im kinda playtesting this. I have better(MUCH better) but this again is me testing the water.

'so long as the jury and judge pass it'

~facepalm~

what if... lets say im not running a democracy? What if im running a dictatorship or monarchy? There is no judge or jury, the leader of the land knows all.

Crime is handled on a server wide basis. You have the right to enforce your own laws and such, but the fundamental crimes of the server (murder and theft) are tried at a non aligned court, with a jury member from each faction (where possible). Basically, we will let you try your own criminals for everything but those two, and those two are done this way because they can also be griefing issues, so require admin input :)

Other than that, you can do whatever you want .. You could even run a dictatorship where using any words that begin with the letter "t" is a crime worthy of the death penalty (should you feel so inclined :P)

I won't pass comment on your story yet, as I want to see if any others appear, so we can all can compare them side by side without any previous assessment :)

[...] Illuminati, [...]

I got here as fast as I could, what's up?

I am going to add something here. at any time, members are allowed to succeed from their own nation. However, the nation they leave may in fact choose action based on their law. Lets give an approach to what may happen:

BattleGuadge and DarkHallow nations have ended the war via treaty. DarkHallows now owes BattleGuadge all steel in thier nation. I do not like this, I never wanted the war, and never pertispated as a warrior. I feel i should be exempt. Perfectly normal thinking. My king sends the tax collectors. The house is empty, nothing of value is left. Smoke is smelled, and the guards accompanying the collector realize instantly what has happened. Word has been sent, I have left the nation with nigh 300 ingots of value. DarkHallow is in danger as a result of my leaving, for I stocked more then enough to pay the debt. So begins the choices of my former king:

Persue and capture

Persue and kill

Ignore

Ignore and take action against enemy

Ignore and beg the enemy too undertand

Send assassins galore at everyone before leaving the server forever*

My choices are no simpler:

Return, and face the law

Found my own nation

Disappear into the wilderness

Hide the treasures and begin life anew.

Join the enemy.

Work under contracts.

Hire creepers to do my bidding*

*had to add something stupid ;D

-snip-

A surprisingly likely scenario :P

Players have individual freedoms (unless they sign contracts to invalidate those freedoms) so they are already allowed to leave a kingdom if they wish :P

Nice investigation of the potential hazards of losing a war :L I would certainly demand tribute from the loser if I had been the victor :L

Another potential route is to force them to become part of your civilization, losing their autonomy as a town, but keeping their lives :P

Yet another option would be to force them to become your vassal. Subservient to you, but still with the majority of their autonomy .. The potential for political interactions is almost endless in the framework set out for this server :P

If your former king regards you as a criminal, but your new king shelters you, the only method of your former ruler extracting justice would be assassins or negotiating with your new king for you :P

Assassins - Should they be able to knock out people for kidnapping too ?

Haha :P

Oh, same thing we do everynight, cevkiv, try and take over the world...

assassins may deal with their mark however they wish. Does not take much to lie. Though, assassins may be hired to capture the hit for later use too.

this go's for any contract in fact.

My idea for official lore!

The mighty ship, aptly named the Discovery, glides over the water with ease. Passengers enjoy the tranquility of the sea while the deckhands scuttle about like ants. Their destination? A land unknown, a land untamed, a land to call their own. Charged to make a settlement in this new land, everyone on the ship is eager to make landfall, to begin their lives anew.

"Perfect weather for a voyage like this, eh, lads?" the booming voice of the captain calls out from the wheel. "We should be there at least a week a head of schedule!"

A rumble of agreement and shouts of joy is heard from the deckhands and passengers. Everyone on the ship is eager for the voyage to end.

Eyes on the horizon ahead, the captain is also eager to see the new land. So focused is he, that he almost missed the crow's nest's warning. "Captain!!!" the spotter calls. "Captain! Storm of the starboard bow! Coming in fast!"

Snapping out of his revery, springing into action, the captian calls to his crew. "Well? You heard him lads! Get to work! We got a storm coming!" the crew scrambles around, preparing the ship for the storm. Paniced, the passengers hurry below decks to their quarters. About an hour after the warning, the storm begins.

It was a great and mighty thing, that made the heavens weep and the seas boil. It tossed the great ship around as if it were a bath toy, jarring everyone on board. Most could not handle the violent storm, and passed out of a combination of fright and seasickness. Those that remained awake were trying their best to keep the boat from falling apart. However, they couldn't best the storm. With an almighty crack, the main mast fell. The crash threw the brave souls across the deck, knocking them out. The ship was adrift, completely at the mercy of the storm. The storm threw the ship further and further of course, until it met land. The might of the storm dashed the ship against the rocks of the shore, shattering the hull and spilling the passengers out onto the beach. The storm broke a short while later, revealing the dark of midnight.

In the morning, the survivors stirred, waking to find themselves in a strange land. A land far stranger than their original destination. Behind them, their mighty ship lay broken, thier supplies washing out to sea, most already at the horizon. All they knew, all they were sure of, was that they wouldn't, couldn't leave this land. This land they called Terra.

As one of the survivors of the wreck, you must survive, you must prosper in this new land, this strange place, full of marvels and horrors. You must hold out, and hope that others will find you, and help other castaways to survive, should they find your shore.

Welcome to Terra. Now, survive.

What about simply using a widget that autobans someone for a period of time on death? Assuming you can find one that works with vanilla SMP, doesn't interfere with TFC, and lets you specify what deaths get bans.

I'm downloading netbeans. Since TFC uses the PlayerAPI mod, it should be simple enough to implement. Let me see what I can do -- I'm a C programmer, not a Java one, but I know enough about OOP to cobble this together, hopefully.

I'm downloading netbeans. Since TFC uses the PlayerAPI mod, it should be simple enough to implement. Let me see what I can do -- I'm a C programmer, not a Java one, but I know enough about OOP to cobble this together, hopefully.

That would be awesome ! :D

If I could designate which deaths resulted in a ban it would make things much easier. All I would have to do then was unban players if they were deemed to be unconscious as opposed to dead :D

Thanks a lot man :)

Hey, Jed, what do you think of my flavor text?

Hey, Jed, what do you think of my flavor text?

I want to give Danny a chance to submit one (as I think he expressed a desire to) before I pass comment on any of them :):P

I want to give Danny a chance to submit one (as I think he expressed a desire to) before I pass comment on any of them :):P

Ah, k then :)

'Hey, Jed, what do you think of my flavor text?'

Horrible, simply horri- Oh shit... im in trouble. uhhm... I'll pay you 10 gold ingots to go far far away now ;P

'I want to give Danny a chance to submit one (as I think he expressed a desire to) before I pass comment on any of them :):P'

Nice poker face. :)

'Hey, Jed, what do you think of my flavor text?'

Horrible, simply horri- Oh shit... im in trouble. uhhm... I'll pay you 10 gold ingots to go far far away now ;P

-snip-

No, you're not in trouble. But if you do continue mudslinging, prepare to have mud slung back :):P

But honestly, what did you think? Came up with that in about 15 minutes. I like your flavor text, man. Very interesting and well written

Nice poker face. :)

It wasn't a poker face, and I don't much appreciate my words being twisted to imply something about my opinions. I told Arthur the same thing I told you. If you think that reflects on the quality of his work, the same reflection would apply to yours and mine as well, seeing as I have said nothing about it in comparison to the other two.

I'm not snide enough to make a comment like that :P

No go. Got an IDE and the dev kit installed, but the program that's recommended to use to decompile minecraft's jar files won't work properly, and I can't find any help on google.

You said you wouldn't pass judgement on our stories until all the other stories have been submited, and pass judgement you haven't. I'm not offended by your lack of comment, rather, I respect you for sticking to your decision.

Cheers, mate :)