Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Jed1314

[Offline] Terra - [RPPvP] [Factions] [Democratic Rules]

Server Back-story Vote   37 members have voted

1. 1. Who's Back-story do you prefer ? (can be found here:http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/1523-terra-rppvp-factions-democratic-rules-eta-2nd-sep-applications-are-open/page__view__findpost__p__19156)

• ECC's
    • Arthur's

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

698 posts in this topic

Not bad, much better than previous ones, anyways. Re-railing

----------------------------------------------o0o----------------------------------------------

Char generation template V0.1

In Game Name(IGN): Sonikana.

Character Name: George diamond Iron.

Character Age: Unknown.

Character Sex: Male.

Family: Father is unknown and Mother is dead.

Background: * Looks around in the cave while breathing heavily because of the lack of oxygen you get when you are very far down into the earth. * ''I know I saw him somewhere here.''

* Finally spots who he was looking for .* ''There you are!'' * Throws his spear towards the humanoid trying to be stealthy. *

''Now that's not very nice of you to do, throw a spear right in the face of your lord! This is going to be punished for your stupid mortal!'' * Lift's his arm and makes the spear disappear. *

'' I em sorry Hero... '' *The god looks angry on George and hits him in the face with the back of his left arm. * '' Don't say my name you fool! My brother might hear you. '' Yes my Lord. ''

'' Is the weapons ready yet? '' *The Lord begins to wander around in the cave making sure not to touch any thing. * ''No my Lord, I don't have the ability to make the weapons, I em just a miner!'' * The God turns around fast and hits George again, But this time in the crouch * '' Do not yell to me Mortal. '' *George takes his hands to the place where his ball sacks should have been hanging butt is just touching air. * ''Don't worry, They will grow back, I don't want my dearest companion to be ball less would I? * The god lets out a cold laughter* ''Don't worry with the weapons, I can sense that there is a passing ship very close to us. I just have to... Persuade them to help us a little. '' * And with that the god disappears. * '' Why do i serve that guy? '' *Leans back towards the rocks, Knowing he is safe and all. Might as well catch some sleep. ''

----------------------------------------------o0o----------------------------------------------

Sleep mod activated. Initializing memories sequence..............................................................................................................................................................................

....... Activated.

I remember it as it was last week. The island was populated by hundreds of thousands of people! Then he came.

He destroyed are homes with TNT and laughed of us when we were trying to save the people that were trapped inside the building, We managed to save some people butt as soon as we turned are back to them they started killing each other, One after one. But that was only the beginning.

People began turning into monsters! Like those green things that creeps up on you and then blows up!

In the end, There were nothing we could do. So we hid, We ran and took cover in the caves and we built a strong hold to hold him away. But if that did not work what then? well, We would run again, This time to a new dimension, We built a strong hold there to, Just in case.

Sadly he were to smart for us, When we came back the strong hold were crawling of those small silver things... What did we call the again? ... Silver fish!

Any way. There were also those tall things, Hero... I mean my Lord called them Endermen for whatever reason.

*Warning .... Memory unit failing, Re-establishing.............................................. connection complete.

He was waiting for us on the other side of the gate, He killed every one out of me and then kept me as a student so when the time came i where the one to deliver his message to the people. The people who were soon to come.

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Hope you like it, You don't need to accept it Only to tell me what you think. Or don't say a thing, Its up to you.

I see a major lack of female charicters here. Even if your a guy, you should try for a new character type. In the spirit of that, I ask if I may make a second character.

also, anyone notice my OCD post that expanded the Template? lol. I would very much like to have working system of genealogy. Without Names of family, Living AND dead, it makes it hard. Its ok to say your character didn't know them, but if they did, please, for the love of keeping my sanity(albeit little) in check!

sorry if that came out rude.

I see a major lack of female charicters here. Even if your a guy, you should try for a new character type. In the spirit of that, I ask if I may make a second character.

also, anyone notice my OCD post that expanded the Template? lol. I would very much like to have working system of genealogy. Without Names of family, Living AND dead, it makes it hard. Its ok to say your character didn't know them, but if they did, please, for the love of keeping my sanity(albeit little) in check!

Just for being JANG (Just_Another_Nice_Guy) i just added the profession(s) part to my own application :P

I would join, but I don't have too much experience with role playing and my writing isn't too great.

Sort of on ECC's topic about lack of females: Can you choose to be any gender, or does it have to be specific to your own gender?

I'll go fix mine :) Feel free to make a second character :)

I would join, but I don't have too much experience with role playing and my writing isn't too great.

Sort of on ECC's topic about lack of females: Can you choose to be any gender, or does it have to be specific to your own gender?

Any gender you want .. You can pick from all two of them ;):)

Don't worry too much about being inexperienced .. Everyone has to start somewhere :P

: You know, something very useful for sieges would be TNT. If someone manages to make TNT and to light it, could he use it for a siege?

That went in my mind this morning, and i just couldn't get it out. So i started testing what could be done if it was allowed. That's how i found out about the existance of TNT cannons. After some testing, only using materials which were obtainable in TFC, i found out you CAN make a working TNT cannon. It just takes some time (if you already have the materials), lots of redstone, and lots of TNT to be, in fact, more useful than simply going there, placing the TNT, then placing a torch and running the hell out of there. It uses 8 TNT blocks with every single shot, so if you have a entire stack of TNT, it will be enaff just for 8 shots.

(some pics of the TNT cannon here: http://imgur.com/kKaHN,T4ePC,E9vM2,mWtAv#0 )

I'm gonna make a list of pros and cons:

Pros:

-Can make damage to enemies's building at a safe distance, as well as kill in two or one hits an opponent

-Can make a fairly big amount of damage.

-It might get buffed up unintentionally by a TFC update (for example, by making gunpowder easier to obtain)

-Easy to find the water for the cannon, as most cities will probably be built near rivers for sluicing.

Cons:

-It is hard to get cinnabar -and therefore, redstone-. However, once you find cinnabar, you will surely have enough to even 15 TNT cannons like the one i built.

-It's fairly easy for an enemy to spot while it's being built. (You just can't see TNT somewhere and don't ask yourself "Hey, what's going on there?")

-Is hard to get the needed amounts of ammo -have you ever tried to make a stack of TNT?-

-It might, as well, be rendered useless by a TFC update.

"So, what's the point of all this?" you may ask. Well, i just wanted to know if we (i) will be allowed to use this kind of weapon for any battle.

(God, you gusy are gonna hate me because of how much i love to take down everything in sieges <3)

: You know, something very useful for sieges would be TNT. If someone manages to make TNT and to light it, could he use it for a siege?

I could make a cheaper version that is still just as effective, though I'll have to do testing myself to confirm. however, i am for this. it gives reason to build defenses.

questions for owner:

Towny or Factions?

town chunks 16x, 8x, or 4x?

Cave ins level?

Active Characters per player?

Snip

Towny and factions are bukkit plugins, so no go,

Town chunks are irrelevant due to ^

Good Question, i suggest double or so vanilla TFC.

I think max of 3, for our mental health XD

(Not owner, but i threw my two cents in)

This sounds truly amazing, I have seen people trying/attempting to do the same but with the detail you have gone into and with the added realism of TFC this should end up truly amazing!

Just a few thoughts of mine; When a player dies, They may have a grudge on the player that killed them, However the new charichter that spawns technicaly would never have heard of either the charicter that died or the killer. Do you have a way of regulating and/or stopping kills souly for revenge? Or do you allow grudges to be carried from Char to Char?

Also, Have you considered that many players will want to create a realy good backstory and when they die, they will enevitable want to recreate the exact same story for the new charicter that "Become".

Finaly - Are there going to be mobs on the server? Hostile or Nuteral - Im guessing there arnt hostile mobs as there isent any information for death by mobs.

PS: Love the idear, and sorry if I have asked something already answered and/or written and explained in the main post.

If you need any help building or desighning the server also, Id be happy to help, Im a fully whitelisted member of the voxelbox if they means anything to you: http://zlim3z.imgur.com/all/ and

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yAIaaK1TIM

Also, Im slowly getting into video making (Previouse vids where edited with camtasia, I now have sony vegas): http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fEmSLWd74o&feature=channel&list=UL

This sounds truly amazing, I have seen people trying/attempting to do the same but with the detail you have gone into and with the added realism of TFC this should end up truly amazing!

Just a few thoughts of mine; When a player dies, They may have a grudge on the player that killed them, However the new charichter that spawns technicaly would never have heard of either the charicter that died or the killer. Do you have a way of regulating and/or stopping kills souly for revenge? Or do you allow grudges to be carried from Char to Char?

Also, Have you considered that many players will want to create a realy good backstory and when they die, they will enevitable want to recreate the exact same story for the new charicter that "Become".

Finaly - Are there going to be mobs on the server? Hostile or Nuteral - Im guessing there arnt hostile mobs as there isent any information for death by mobs.

PS: Love the idear, and sorry if I have asked something already answered and/or written and explained in the main post.

1. We're gonna expect people to be mature, but if it happens it happens.

2. Same as above.

3. Mobs render you unconscious and don't cause you to die

I could make a cheaper version that is still just as effective, though I'll have to do testing myself to confirm. however, i am for this. it gives reason to build defenses.

I'm not an expert in redstone :P i made what i was able to to probe my point, and that is, that tnt cannons are still avaliable in TFC. Take in count, repeaters can't be crafted with TFC (i don't know if it's possible even with the TFC-vanilla conversion recipes enabled), so i had to built them manually (and the manually built repeaters don't have delay options, so i had to make a lot...). If you still think you could build a better TNT cannon, go ahead, i will be happy to test it myself against someone's city >=D

And Zlim, please use the edit button the next time, just for organization. And it is JAG, the N was for a (bad) joke i made up :P

Nice cannon though. Let's see if i can take advantage of it... *evil laught, thunders, bats*

'Towny and factions are bukkit plugins, so no go,

Town chunks are irrelevant due to ^

Good Question, i suggest double or so vanilla TFC.

I think max of 3, for our mental health XD

(Not owner, but i threw my two cents in)'

I believe something called SimpleFactions is vanilla compatible, but dont quote me.

town size should always be regulated

i've never played TFC, and refuse to even begin to until this server go's online. Should make it interesting ;)

3? alright.

'I'm not an expert in redstone :P i made what i was able to to probe my point, and that is, that tnt cannons are still avaliable in TFC. Take in count, repeaters can't be crafted with TFC (i don't know if it's possible even with the TFC-vanilla conversion recipes enabled), so i had to built them manually (and the manually built repeaters don't have delay options, so i had to make a lot...). If you still think you could build a better TNT cannon, go ahead, i will be happy to test it myself against someone's city >=D'

Did some testing in vanilla. Came up with a manual delay system that could fire a payload fairly accurately between 25-30 blocks at the cost of 2 'powder' tnt, and 1 'payload' tnt, 6 redstone, two buttons, unmentionably small amount of cheep non-transparent blocks, a half block, and a transparent block. Upon expanding to allow 2 more tnt in the payload, I added about 20 to the range, at the cost of extra 2 powder, 4 redstone, and more cheep blocks(like dirt)

now, knowing water in tfc is not unlimited, the biggest draw on this design is gathering 10 redstone per shot, at most. That is, excluding the obvious gathering tnt materials, something that even in vanilla can be a trouble even mid-lategame

Did some testing in vanilla. Came up with a manual delay system that could fire a payload fairly accurately between 25-30 blocks at the cost of 2 'powder' tnt, and 1 'payload' tnt, 6 redstone, two buttons, unmentionably small amount of cheep non-transparent blocks, a half block, and a transparent block. Upon expanding to allow 2 more tnt in the payload, I added about 20 to the range, at the cost of extra 2 powder, 4 redstone, and more cheep blocks(like dirt)

now, knowing water in tfc is not unlimited, the biggest draw on this design is gathering 10 redstone per shot, at most. That is, excluding the obvious gathering tnt materials, something that even in vanilla can be a trouble even mid-lategame

Pictures? o.o and, can you make buttons in TFC?

EDIT: and for the water, you can build near a river where you still have vanilla infinite water. It becomes finite water when you take it in a TFC bucket. With the water, you can avoid the need to use more redstone than the initial.

EDIT TO THE EDIT: That is, if my suppositions about how that tnt cannon is are correct :

I dont belive redstone ore is even in the terrain gen code for TFC. Not sure about buttons.

I dont belive redstone ore is even in the terrain gen code for TFC. Not sure about buttons.

Cinnibar

I realy need to get used to all these new TFC addons before the server goes up lol. Last time I played was early Beta v1

it's not an addon : maybe you meant "addition"?

*Feel like google search*

You can keep up with the changes to the mod by reading the changelog :3 although, as you haven't played since Beta v1, you have a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot to read there.

In Game Name(IGN): lucardeus

Character Name: Lucardeus ruby Casseus

Character Age: 21

Character Sex: Male

Family: father and mother Kregon and Lucelleus Casseus, baby sister lujaxs Casseus.

Background: when I was 16 I lost my mother, father, and baby sister in a land landslide at are home on the side of Mt Yaron, I was only spared the same fate because I was out hunting for food to help us survive thought the harsh winter ahead, after that day I wander aimlessly and when winter finally can I had stumbled into a village far from my home, the people of village all helped take care of me and i became one of there best huntsman they also showed me a few thing about lather-working and metalworking, but my true skill shined best with the bow. After living in the village for 5 year I decided to wander to new area to learn what I could about the other ways villages hunted game and raised live stock, after i visited most of the villages in my country i bored a ship destined for new lands to see what i could learn from the people there, and now I'm here telling you my past and getting ready to make my own future here in this land we can Terra.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i thought i should make it seem like my character was tell the story of his past to someone instead of writing it like someone else was telling it to them

i think it make for a better story line but if u need me to change it i can.

also sorry if anything is miss spelled or not used correctly was the best writer in school.

I installed open office to help me fix the punctuation and spelling problems (also sorry if i used too many , in it)

i hope it somewhat better on the eyes now

Edited by lucardeus

In Game Name(IGN): lucardeus

Character Name: Lucardeus ruby Casseus

Character Age: 21

Character Sex: Male

Family: he was the only son of Kregon and Lucelleus Casseus and brother to lujaxs Casseus.

Background: when I was 16 I lost my mother, father, and baby sister in a land landslide at are home on the side of Mt Yaron I was only spared the same fate becuse I was out hunt for food to help us survive thought the harsh winter ahaed and after that day I wander aimlessly and when winter finaly can I had stumbled into a village far from my home the people of village all helped take care of me and i became one of there best huntman they also showed me a few thing about latherworking and smithing but my true skill shined best with the bow after living in the village for 5 year I dicided to wander to new area to learn what I could about the other ways villages hunted game and raised live stock after i visted most of the villages in my country i bored a ship destand for new lands to see what i could learn there and now im here telling you my past and getting ready to make my own futur here in this land we can Terra.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i thought i should make it seem like my character was tell the story of his past to someone instead of writing it like someone else was telling it to them

i think it make for a better story line but if u need me to change it i can.

also sorry if anything is miss spelled or not used correctly was the best writer in school.

Looking good, man, it looks like you followed all the rules, but a little puntuation would be nice in the backstory. It's hard to read, honestly.

Looking good, man, it looks like you followed all the rules, but a little puntuation would be nice in the backstory. It's hard to read, honestly.

Agreed. The backstory is solid, but the lack of punctuation really gets in the way of the reading of it.

Is there any chance you (Lucardeus) could fix some of the punctuation ? If so, I am happy to accept :)

R.E. The TNT cannons, I have no problem as long as other players are ok with them.

Yes, by addons I meant additions :P

I did read abit of the change logs but there are SOO many changes since I last played :P Im still pritty decent at the game, just need some SSP practice.