Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Jed1314

[Offline] Terra - [RPPvP] [Factions] [Democratic Rules]

Server Back-story Vote   37 members have voted

1. 1. Who's Back-story do you prefer ? (can be found here:http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/1523-terra-rppvp-factions-democratic-rules-eta-2nd-sep-applications-are-open/page__view__findpost__p__19156)

• ECC's
    • Arthur's

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

698 posts in this topic

Just for anyone interested - I will be purchasing the server space tomorrow/friday (probably friday). This is so I can get it all set up and working in time for everyone starting on Sunday :)

Additionally, I will be opening the server as soon as it is up to the following people - ECC, ArthurDent, ScooterDanny, myself (obviously) and Anzoon (if you want to know why, these people effectively founded the server with me in that they contributed heavily to it's rules ect.)

With early entry, you are welcome/asked to help build the spawn area. Once that is completed, feel free to play as normal. If your name is on that list I will mail you the I.P as soon as it is feasible :)

Everyone else- Presuming everything goes to plan, I will post the I.P of the server on the OP on Sunday. We will be un-whitelisted until the next update comes out (as it will adjust map gen and require a reset). Don't get too precious about your possessions during this fortnight. Any bans during this period will be upheld afterwards, so don't be a dick :)

To everyone who has already filled an application - I will go through the apps and note down all of the IGN's of applicants so far. You will be added to the whitelist once it exists. I may also give you some kind of reward for applying so early, though I'm not sure what :P (It won't be big, probably some food or torches or something :P)

Is the server going to be 100% legit, AKA even spawn is build legit?

Is the server going to be 100% legit, AKA even spawn is build legit?

Keeping in mind the spawn is supposed to be a smashed boat and a few temporary shelters on the beach it won't be legit or even TFC wood. This is to give the new world an air of "totally new and alien" to the point where even the wood is different :P

Everything else will be 100% absolutely legit :) Also, the moderators are to play as regular players. There will be no item spawning at all so they will be just like you :)

Awsome!

Also - Im going to try and start am Empire :D Also would make creating new storys easyer, Just invent a Dynasty of Rulers lol.

Awsome!

Also - Im going to try and start am Empire :D Also would make creating new storys easyer, Just invent a Dynasty of Rulers lol.

No dynastys here yet :) .. The players will establish those as they play :P

If you can get people to follow you, starting an empire will be easy :P

And we shal feed on mustard from the orient! Hehe

So for a couple of ideas I get elected as early on? I DEMAND A RECOUNT-

wait... oh, thats good. mmk.

also, the idea i got i threw out. It would have been a pain in the ass. instead, I am hoping to come across a repository of era appropriate skins for both male and females. I'll probably make a few edits, then post them here for users to take. The main rule behind this will be 'you make the head, here is the clothes/body'

No promises though, as i could show you my style of skins... and its more sci-fi then anything. Like literally, my skin has about 64 variants and all are just... not in this mods style.

So for a couple of ideas I get elected as early on? I DEMAND A RECOUNT-

wait... oh, thats good. mmk.

also, the idea i got i threw out. It would have been a pain in the ass. instead, I am hoping to come across a repository of era appropriate skins for both male and females. I'll probably make a few edits, then post them here for users to take. The main rule behind this will be 'you make the head, here is the clothes/body'

No promises though, as i could show you my style of skins... and its more sci-fi then anything. Like literally, my skin has about 64 variants and all are just... not in this mods style.

I'm not bad at skins, but I don't really have the time to make any :/ I am going to sort my own and would be happy to donate my current skin which is appropriate, but I doubt I could contribute much more than that.

On a related note, I was hoping to map the server periodically, but the only mapping programme I know of which I could adapt for TFC is Tectonicus and I don't have the time to write up a config for every single new TFC block :S

Too little time for anything useful it seems :S

Im going to be making a "Steampunk Captain" casual style skin. And that dosent make me a steampunk captain - Just a style - Law freindly

Im going to be making a "Steampunk Captain" casual style skin. And that dosent make me a steampunk captain - Just a style - Law freindly

Hmmm .. I can't see a big issue with that, just please make it reasonably "period" :P

For my Marcy character, there might be a little cross gen due to her backstory being that of IC2-redpower.

For my Sam charicter, there will a little crossing due to the relation to Marcy via the 'Athena' ship and the whole lovers deal thing. Btw, anyone figure out anything between the two characters yet?

Initial skins will have the most lapse, where as time go's on subtle edits should be made. also, due to the lack of refracting limbs in MC, I wont get to show you all the leg :/

no promises on me doing this all though. Might just pick a skin for both off the net and stick by them.

For my Marcy character, there might be a little cross gen due to her backstory being that of IC2-redpower.

For my Sam charicter, there will a little crossing due to the relation to Marcy via the 'Athena' ship and the whole lovers deal thing. Btw, anyone figure out anything between the two characters yet?

Initial skins will have the most lapse, where as time go's on subtle edits should be made. also, due to the lack of refracting limbs in MC, I wont get to show you all the leg :/

no promises on me doing this all though. Might just pick a skin for both off the net and stick by them.

Sadly, I have been so busy with work and other disappointing things that I have barely been able to keep on top of everything as it is :S

Fortunately, I will return to my life of sedation and occasional university after Friday, so I will be able to give it a proper read and find it out, please don't spoil it for me ;)

There are a few issues I thought of yesterday we need to beat out eventually regarding factions and claiming land and such, but we can deal with that once the server is running and we see how well our rules will work :)

Sadly, I have been so busy with work and other disappointing things that I have barely been able to keep on top of everything as it is :S

Fortunately, I will return to my life of sedation and occasional university after Friday, so I will be able to give it a proper read and find it out, please don't spoil it for me ;)

There are a few issues I thought of yesterday we need to beat out eventually regarding factions and claiming land and such, but we can deal with that once the server is running and we see how well our rules will work :)

Claims of land could be bordered at regular intervals by guard towers?

Also, i'm quite happy with my regular skin. It's an adaptation from one of the shows. I'll alter the robe color to guild specifications, but it won't change much.

Decided to create an account after reading through the first 10 pages of this thread (don't currently have time to read the rest).

All I can say now is that I'm definitely interested in joining, and will hopefully be there on the first day (if school permits, of course :/ )

Will contribute more as the thread goes on.

EDIT: Also, I don't seem to be able to upload a profile image. Does anyone know why? Thanks :)

Idk about this forum, but my own site does not allow images that are too large. or used to not like them until a sizing script was added.

So what is the protocol for starting a faction? do we just do it, or does our character's backstory have to support it it?

For example, could an average working man, take responsibility and step up after the wreck to become a leader of the people, despite having only been a craftsman before this?

So what is the protocol for starting a faction? do we just do it, or does our character's backstory have to support it it?

For example, could an average working man, take responsibility and step up after the wreck to become a leader of the people, despite having only been a craftsman before this?

I assume that friends will just say "hey! Let's work together!" And if others wanna join them, they'll have to go through the selection process if there is one.

For ease of politics on server, if anyone does form a faction, please record the founding members, the faction name, and maybe aprox hq coords in this thread? Maybe we should start a new thread, this one,s getting so cluttered, :P

I agree, if we could somehow make sub forums, that would be awesome, also, i think i can get us a teamspeak server for gratis.

ECC: Okay, thanks. I'll see if I can find a smaller image (though I would have thought 800x800 would be small enough :/ )

Also, I suppose I should make a character bio:

----------------------------------------------o0o----------------------------------------------

Char generation template V0.2

In Game Name(IGN): TechHunter16

Character Name: Xerlock Eros

Character Age: 25

Character Sex: Male

Family: All unknown

Profession(s): General, thief, assassin

Background:

I woke up on a street side, to the rumbling of wheels on gravel beside me. Immediately, I could tell that something was wrong. I looked around, in a dazed state. As I sat up, I saw a Bazaar, with shops and merchants, and prospective customers hunting for a bargain. I realized: I didn't recognize these smells, these people; and I know everyone in town. Then it hit me: I have no idea where I am, who I am, or what I am still doing on this street. I quickly jumped up, and inconspicuously walked into an alleyway, so as not to draw attention to myself. A six year old boy running into an alleyway, with no guardian in sight, is certainly not a normal sight to see. I had to figure out what was going on: how did I get here? Who am I?

I decided, after much thinking, that I would need to begin fending for myself. It was certainly something I could do; I was a genius, even at that age. I would have to steal food, or find some other, older street urchins that I can manipulate to do it for me. I got to work,

Fast forward 10 years: I am an agent working for the kingdom of Antaris, which happened to be the place I found myself a decade ago. My job is that of secrecy, deceit, and assassination. If they need someone out of their way, they ask me to deliver the pleasantries, in exchange for a small fee, of course.

Fast forward 9 years: I am a General for the Antaresian military, as well as major of strategy and tactics. This is quite a high-up position; any kind of great military move has to go through me. I critique it, and then set it in motion.

One night, I was sleeping in my room at the palace. I awoke to a soft noise downstairs (I am a light sleeper because of my days on the streets). I quickly, yet silently, open and close my door, and crept downstairs, all the while smelling fire. As I look out the front windows, I see a massive mob of people outside, all shouting and throwing things into the palace. I quickly knew that they were trying to overthrow the government. I also knew that if I stayed, I would be killed. So I escaped, out through the back, which was quite a risky move; I wasn't sure how long they had been there for, so I didn't know if they had people in the back. Turns out no. As I looked behind me, I saw the palace going up in flames, burning to the ground. I knew I could never go back.

A couple of months later, I came to a town as a lowly traveller, looking for work. I knew they would be hunting me down, as they knew I was missing. I saw on the noticeboard that a ship was leaving to explore new lands. This would be the perfect opportunity to escape my ill-deserved charges. So I went. And the rest is history.

----------------------------------------------o0o----------------------------------------------

Can we get all of the apps in spoiler tags maybe? that would greatly reduce page usage.

put this under the template:

Use spoiler tags for your background

[spoiler]Info here[/spoiler]

Tech Hunter - Awesome app man, but you need to go back and read the specific rules better :)

It's actually kind of funny what you missed considering your profession :P

WOOOOOOOO - 1000th post :P

So, I have some good news !

We have a server now :D

It is hosted on Multiminecraft.com

Specs are:

• 4096MB Dedicated RAM
  • Dual Intelâ„¢ E5-2670s
  • Samsung SSD's
I am uploading the server .jars etc. right now ! It should be up and running in no time ;):)

woo :)

Cant wait.