Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Jed1314

[Offline] Terra - [RPPvP] [Factions] [Democratic Rules]

Server Back-story Vote   37 members have voted

1. 1. Who's Back-story do you prefer ? (can be found here:http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/1523-terra-rppvp-factions-democratic-rules-eta-2nd-sep-applications-are-open/page__view__findpost__p__19156)

• ECC's
    • Arthur's

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

698 posts in this topic

In Game Name(IGN): Theadventor

Character Name: Wolf Theadventor

Character Age: 22

Character Sex: Male

Family: Parents;Jill Theadventor and Tom Theadventor, Siblings:Richard Theadventor Spouse:None

Profession(s): Army and scientist

Background: Born in Baconoplis a country based on the selling of bacon, only few hundred people lived here. after turn 16 i deciseded to to study as a scientist i finished college at 19 then i went strait to the army. To go to the main land i had to go on ship. During the time as a scientist i learned how physics and momvement. And in the army i learned how to learn quick to envoriment. Also i learned how to build shelters and buildings to live. Cooking was also what i learned as a boy which would help me in the army. At training camp they taught me how to make tools out of stone and other weapons out the envoriment around and if i every got lost the taught me how to make forges, bloomeries to smelt materials for survival.

Hey guys !

I have uploaded the new .jar file with Sdbaynham's very useful mods :) There is a 1 minute death ban now, so that it can be established whether you are dead or unconscious.

Sorry to Danny and ECC ... I was pretty fucked when I came on yesterday, I don't really remember what happened, I remembered the death ban duration chat with Danny though :)

The spawn is looking great and I think is complete ?

Server will be opening to the public tomorrow as planned at 1900 GMT :)

If you are bored jed, do us and the server a favor and try to generate a bit of the map, cause it gets really laggy if everyone is running around generating new land. Looking forward to the server opening.

Got a pic? :D

'i think i'm not gonna be able to play in the server the fortnight, guys : i'm going to visit my grandfather... I THINK -they never tell me until it's time to go -__- -'

Your going to be away for two weeks? D:

Nah, i just this weekend :P

I found two landmarks near the spawn that I think as a server, we should not touch. one is a Slab of rock in the middle of a bay about 75 blocks from spawn, I named The Pillar of Hercules. The other is a very nice mountain about 500 blocks from spawn... It has a very interesting peak.

Nozart, you're gonna have to wait to see it. It's not much, but it's nice and really close to what we were aiming for

In Game Name(IGN): lorbog

Character Name: Lorious topaz Borlog

Character Age: 23

Character Sex: male

Family: Mother(name unknown,dead or alive unknown), Father (name unknown,dead or alive unknown)

Profession(s): none

Background:

My earliest memories are of waves,dark and roaring, churning violently around me, a ship sailing off into the horizon, and holding on for dear life. I don't know what happened after,but when I awoke it was morning, and I was on a beach. I pulled myself up out of the sand and examined my surroundings, I spotted a large crate nearby, must have been what I was holding on to. I walked over to it, and noticing that the lid was slightly ajar, I pulled it open. It was full of books, novels, dictionaries, encyclopedias, and, most importantly, survival guides, lots and lots of survival guides. I soon got to reading. I leaned how to make fires, what plants where safe to eat, how to fish, how to make a basic tool, how to chop down trees, how to make a shelter, how to hunt, and later I even learned how to mine, make charcoal, and even smelt ores. More recently people washed ashore. I was to afraid to go near them and instead hid in the shadows watching, but today I have finally worked up the courage to go speak to them. I have left my story here so that in the event that I do not live through this encounter they may know my story - Lorious Borlog

In Game Name(IGN): GismoTerminator

Character Name: Ewen Dudley

Character Age: 18

Family:Parents Alice& Huchon Dudley [Deceased]; Brother Caleb Dudley[Deceased]

Profession(s):Apprentice

Backgroung:

I was raised on the shore of the great Ankh. On the cliffline to be precicse. The small village we lived in, so small there wasnt even a name needed, was a mining community. The village sat on a huge coal and tin seam. The forest got smaller and smaller every year. The wood was needed, since the fields around as could not bare the crops we needed to make it through the winter.

But one day, part of the coalseam cought on fire. At first, smoke started to come out many ridges, in the end, even the Ankh.

We had to stop mining, so our warehouses emptied one after another.

Winter came

Soon we had barely enough food for a week, but no coal to heat our little cottage. Since gathering firewood was forbidden under deathpenalty, my father was forced to go back into the mines. He never came back.

My younger brother started to get sick, so mother went into the woods. She was seen.

The next day, guards came, and took her to the mayor.

During her trial, a quake started to shake the tavern, followed by a huge cave-in. Half of our settlement ,with it my mother, was devoured by mother earth.

The coalfire was still ongoing, despite the reassurence of the council. Soon the remaining cottages and houses cought on fire.

In that fire, i lost my brother.

5 years, it took me, to get to the big city. Even in our village, we heared of the adventurers,their luck,their fortunes, their women.

I learned many professions, but i stayed as long as i needed to save enough money to make it to the next village.

There it took me half a year to save enoug money for the crossing on the Discovery. She was a mighty fine ship. She was.

It is a miracle i surived her sinking. But it will be a even bigger miracle if i surive these virgin lands.

Dear wanderer who reads this stone, bare witness of the brave crew of the Discovery,her passengers, their deprivations.

Bring our lore to everyone´s ear!

Sorry to Danny and ECC ... I was pretty fucked when I came on yesterday, I don't really remember what happened, I remembered the death ban duration chat with Danny though :)

Hah! i wondered why you wanted to watch adventure time XD

IGN: Kregeron

Character Name: Liam beryl McLoughlin

Character Age: 22

Family: Parents: Unknown. Siblings: unknown. Spouse: Ciara McLoughlin. Children: Aedan McLoughlin (Deceased)

Proffesions: Blacksmith, Warrior, Thief, Assassin.

Backstory:

An orphan raised by a gang of street urchins, Liam grew up in An Daingean, Ireland. Numbered among the scrappy youths that were his friends was the girl who would eventually become his wife. During his time with the gang he learned the art of thievery. When he was 18, he got married and he and his wife took to the road, where he learned the art of smithing. He worked that trade for many months. One day, his small homestead was attacked, and it burned, as did his son, Aedan. The forge survived however, and he forged himself armor and a weapon. He left his wife in the care of a friend and went to seek his revenge.

He hunted down the bandits who murdered his son and slaughtered them with the skills he had honed for the past several years on the road. He then discovered that the bandits had been hired by a very rich family in An Daingean, and that it had something to do with his parents. He returned to his wife, and they returned to the town where they grew up. Liam taught himself how to find the darkest corner with the best view in which to wait for the opportune moment to strike, and one by one he eliminated the men who ordered the death of his only child. He heard of the Discovery's voyage, left his wife to take care of the inn they now ran, and signed on to the crew. One shipwreck later, and he must survive in the hopes of seeing his wife again some day.

Hey guys !

I have uploaded the new .jar file with Sdbaynham's very useful mods :) There is a 1 minute death ban now, so that it can be established whether you are dead or unconscious.

Server will be opening to the public tomorrow as planned at 1900 GMT :)

Y'know, most people use UTC instead of GMT now (although it's the same thing really) :P

Y'know, most people use UTC instead of GMT now (although it's the same thing really) :P

:) It does a better job of driving home, to those on London time, that the rest of the world does not go on BST when they do.

Oh, and...

Damn, I just realised that it'd be 1 AM 3rd September when the server opens :(

Let's see, Start is in 10 minutes then?

Let's see, Start is in 10 minutes then?

Well, and 15 hours. :-P it's about 4AM UTC.

Bah, timezones... thanks for that SDB.

NP- I have windows set up to have a little UTC clock next to the regular one for work, so it's not like I'm some kinda time zone guru myself.

Facts about the map:

Roughly an Island 3000 meters round. May be larger, have only explored along NW edges, some of south.

Initial thoughts are that this is part of an island chain. Some smaller isles are discovered nearby, and is assumed larger ones are in the distance.

Native Copper has been discovered on the surface in fairly reasonable quantities. If I have any clue as to how this mod works, large veins are nearby.

Claystone appears to be a prominent surface rock, as well as schist. Gneiss is fairly common as well.

I have found peat. Location was not marked however.

Clay is common on the surface.

Sequoia is common, though I dont attempt to cut it, as I am fairly certain growing it is impossible.

Note: I am playing nearly blind. I have chosen to NOT look at out of game resources to play, and I am making assumptions on rough knowledge and experience both irl, and in game

Sounds like a good map, can't wait to play on it tomorrow.

Oh and I have a question, How strict will the RP be, will we have to stay in character 100% of the time, most of the time, or just some of the time?

Currently, RP is not necessary yet. Though I have been doing a lot of grunts and gurgles while bashing rocks together... XD

when it is implemented, I believe it will be moderately strict. Two channels for speak, one is RP, the other actual talk.

Jed's word is final however on this matter.

Do we have a system for multiple channels? :o

But Jed, you really should consider generating the world before going up. as in, downloading the world, and generating it in a modified MCedit, or something similar, then re-uploading it to the serverhost. This would cut down on lag as people first start to explore.

Sounds like a good map, can't wait to play on it tomorrow.

Oh and I have a question, How strict will the RP be, will we have to stay in character 100% of the time, most of the time, or just some of the time?

RP won't be super strict, I think. RP will be a guide line on how to interact in-game, trading, towns and the such.

I knoiw I'm gonna have ahell of a time remembering everyone's Character names.

Edit: Explored quite a bit of the land we're on. A fairly large island, very continential feel to it. Geologically diverse, many different bioms, hills, mountains, to satisfy any TFCer. Lot's of room for people to go their own ways or form towns with no real issue of land ownership.

You guys will really like the server

Due to recent events, i have come to the thought of building a room near the spawn specifically designed to teach the basics of Smart Moving. The reason for this, is that Arthur came on and was at a total loss of how to use the mod. Now, I have almost no knowledge of TFC, but a deep knowledge of Smart moving. I threw Arthur though a quick crash course and he understands the basics now.

Im asking here if i should go ahead with a full dedicated room.

Hmm... a video may be better suited to this, just post a link in here if you want players to learn, it's fairly straight forward.

Scientists now globaly recignise UTC as the offical name for 00:00. However most of us europeans still call it GMT :F