Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Jed1314

[Offline] Terra - [RPPvP] [Factions] [Democratic Rules]

Server Back-story Vote   37 members have voted

1. 1. Who's Back-story do you prefer ? (can be found here:http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/1523-terra-rppvp-factions-democratic-rules-eta-2nd-sep-applications-are-open/page__view__findpost__p__19156)

• ECC's
    • Arthur's

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

698 posts in this topic

I wish we could have a feature that allowed for local chat, as i don't like always shouting loud enough that the entire universe can hear me, even a whisper system would be nice, and if we empty their inventories, there would have to be a command or a tool to do that.

Well, if Factions wanted to, I don't see a reason to not have guild symbols, but not that you mention it, colors seem the best way, atm.

I like the organised battle style. It could emulate the diplomats traveling to the HQ's to offer terms of war and such, and the depate about whether to fight or surrender, or laugh in the attackers face :P. Also prevents malicious abuse of wartime privliges against offline factions

That was my thinking, but lets see what the other users think :)

Or, criminals could be made to do forced labor, IE dig a tunnel, and be unallowed to leave until a certain distance was dug.

I agree with dent's comment.

Edited by Scooterdanny

I wish we could have a feature that allowed for local chat, as i don't like always shouting loud enough that the entire universe can hear me, even a whisper system would be nice, and if we empty their inventories, there would have to be a command or a tool to do that.

I am also a big proponent of local chat. My intention is to have voice chat servers as I said, so I hope most of the communication is done on that :P

Or, criminals could be made to do forced labor, IE dig a tunnel, and be unallowed to leave until a certain distance was dug.

I agree with dent's comment.

Some kind of slave mine ? :P That could work :D

You agree regarding the war feature ? That is good. Seeing as you two are the only ones contributing, I will probably put some of the things we have agreed on in the OP :)

I am also a big proponent of local chat. My intention is to have voice chat servers as I said, so I hope most of the communication is done on that :P

Voice chat would solve quite a few things, like flooding the game chat with court detailings.

I was thinking a pit would open up "A La Jabba the Hut" and drop the player into the dungeon. But if it would be a maze, wouldn't it need to be changed if a few people got out and spread their route out so others could follow it?

Voice chat would solve quite a few things, like flooding the game chat with court detailings.

I was thinking a pit would open up "A La Jabba the Hut" and drop the player into the dungeon. But if it would be a maze, wouldn't it need to be changed if a few people got out and spread their route out so others could follow it?

Hmm .. That is true. Also, if prison sentences were 5 hours, it would need to be a very big maze :P

Jabba the hut style pit is what I was thinking :L

Perhaps we could give them a choice: Prison or the Maze ?

Then build a maze filled with all kinds of danger :D

(I really want a maze ¬.¬ :P)

Lol but mazes are just follow the left, they are simple to solve.

Hmm .. That is true. Also, if prison sentences were 5 hours, it would need to be a very big maze :P

Jabba the hut style pit is what I was thinking :L

Perhaps we could give them a choice: Prison or the Maze ?

Then build a maze filled with all kinds of danger :D

(I really want a maze ¬.¬ :P)

I can tell...

Also, the first thing that popped in my head when you said Prison or Maze was "Cake or Death?!?!"

I will drop the maze :P .. I might build one in game for my own pleasure, but it really has no place in a serious and democratic justice system, it is entirely too whimsical :P

I am about to add the first laws to the OP, if there is anything you disagree with, or would like to change, tell me :P

I will drop the maze :P .. I might build one in game for my own pleasure, but it really has no place in a serious and democratic justice system, it is entirely too whimsical :P

Hey, It's your server, so if you want the prison to be a maze, go for it...

If you REALLY wanna be evil, you could make the maze loop back on itself, have

no exit :P

Hey, It's your server, so if you want the prison to be a maze, go for it...

If you REALLY wanna be evil, you could make the maze loop back on itself, have

no exit :P

Nah, it would go against the theme for the server to have such an ostentatious prison :P I actually struggle to justify the bedrock prison to myself (as it requires spawning etc.), but I acknowledge it is necessary :P

Maybe one day, when I'm a wealthy king though ..... :P

I can't believe I forgot to mention this .. CURRENCY !

How do you want to run currency ? I am a fairly confident economist, so I have some ideas, but I would like to hear what you think before I say anything :P

A maze prison does sound pretty fantastic.

I can't believe I forgot to mention this .. CURRENCY !

How do you want to run currency ? I am a fairly confident economist, so I have some ideas, but I would like to hear what you think before I say anything :P

Seeing as currency is one of the big issues in the Kingdoms thread for Beta 3, and I assume this will run beta 2 until the update, I think it would be best to have a player to player trade system, based on regional supply and demand

Example:Player X owns a tree farm. Player Y owns a fairly productive mine. Player X needs metals for his tools. Player Y needs wood for his burn piles to melt his ores. An agbrement between the two has player X giving enough wood to fill a standard burn pile, while in return Player Y gives 4 bars of Metal to be used as tools.

I know that is a fairly ideal situation, So I had another idea, what about a central market? Players who need to trade would travel there, find some one who needed things they have, and trade for things the want/need

Seeing as currency is one of the big issues in the Kingdoms thread for Beta 3, and I assume this will run beta 2 until the update, I think it would be best to have a player to player trade system, based on regional supply and demand

Example:Player X owns a tree farm. Player Y owns a fairly productive mine. Player X needs metals for his tools. Player Y needs wood for his burn piles to melt his ores. An agbrement between the two has player X giving enough wood to fill a standard burn pile, while in return Player Y gives 4 bars of Metal to be used as tools.

I know that is a fairly ideal situation, So I had another idea, what about a central market? Players who need to trade would travel there, find some one who needed things they have, and trade for things the want/need

I like the idea of a central market :D

I think it would be worth investigating currency as well as barter systems. Certainly initially it would be better to barter, but I think as the game goes on and players get more advanced, we may need to reconsider this :)

This seems like a really interesting idea for a server in TFC. I'd certainly be interested in joining.

I like the idea of a central market :D

I think it would be worth investigating currency as well as barter systems. Certainly initially it would be better to barter, but I think as the game goes on and players get more advanced, we may need to reconsider this :)

is there a currency mod that would work with TFC? or are there rare items that we could use for currency?

A maze prison does sound pretty fantastic.

I know right ? :D

It'd be like the Cretan maze from the story of theseus and the minotaur :D

is there a currency mod that would work with TFC? or are there rare items that we could use for currency?

I came up with a stop-gap currency solution for another thread which revolved around the conversion of TFC gold ingots into vanilla gold ingots + nuggets as a currency. I don't like the idea of every player being able to "make" money, hence why vanilla ingots :P

I came up with a stop-gap currency solution for another thread which revolved around the conversion of TFC gold ingots into vanilla gold ingots + nuggets as a currency. I don't like the idea of every player being able to "make" money, hence why vanilla ingots :P

Hmm, it seems an interesting concept... Could you explain it a bit, though? I don't quite understand

Hmm, it seems an interesting concept... Could you explain it a bit, though? I don't quite understand

Ok:

Basically, the idea is that town owners will purchase TFC gold bars off of people for 1 vanilla ingot or 9 nuggets. They could then take these to an admin, who would exchange them for ingots. This forms a kind of restriction on the supply of new money which prevents currency devaluation due to oversupply of money (a common issue with gem based currencies for example). This seems to favour miners, but it would quickly spread to other users as miners purchase their goods. In order to ensure there was money changing hands, you would need to grant all of the players at the time of implementation an amount of money (lets say 27 nuggets). This would establish a base so that people had money to trade. No admin would be allowed to generate money without a TFC gold ingot to "exchange". We have two options as to what to do with the gold. We can either destroy it, or use it to back up the currency, so that if it does collapse, people can get their gold back. We might need to adjust the figures I gave to give people more divisible currency (maybe use 9 nuggets= 1 ingot 9 ingots= 1 block)

Ok:

Basically, the idea is that town owners will purchase TFC gold bars off of people for 1 vanilla ingot or 9 nuggets. They could then take these to an admin, who would exchange them for ingots. This forms a kind of restriction on the supply of new money which prevents currency devaluation due to oversupply of money (a common issue with gem based currencies for example). This seems to favour miners, but it would quickly spread to other users as miners purchase their goods. In order to ensure there was money changing hands, you would need to grant all of the players at the time of implementation an amount of money (lets say 27 nuggets). This would establish a base so that people had money to trade. No admin would be allowed to generate money without a TFC gold ingot to "exchange". We have two options as to what to do with the gold. We can either destroy it, or use it to back up the currency, so that if it does collapse, people can get their gold back. We might need to adjust the figures I gave to give people more divisible currency (maybe use 9 nuggets= 1 ingot 9 ingots= 1 block)

Haha, I was mucking about in my Sluice farm, thinking that using Flawless and Exqisite gems only, due to their rarity, might be a good idea. But I like this vanilla bar idea. But a question... Could one trade a material not tfc gold, and a mark up, to get gold? Such as several copper ingots for a gold ingot? or would it be better for gold to gold exchange?

Idea! Server bank, sort of like Fort Knox. To prevent theft of gold and an unballancing of the currancy, the Vault would be made of bedrock, but it would contain the gold players traded in for coinage.

Fort Knox?

I would certainly go Goldfinger all over that and I'd get away with it too.

Haha, I was mucking about in my Sluice farm, thinking that using Flawless and Exqisite gems only, due to their rarity, might be a good idea. But I like this vanilla bar idea. But a question... Could one trade a material not tfc gold, and a mark up, to get gold? Such as several copper ingots for a gold ingot? or would it be better for gold to gold exchange?

Idea! Server bank, sort of like Fort Knox. To prevent theft of gold and an unballancing of the currancy, the Vault would be made of bedrock, but it would contain the gold players traded in for coinage.

Yeah, I was angling for something like a central bank in each major town/city. Maybe we could even have bank robberies :L :L

Hmm .. It would be better for that user to sell the ingots of copper to another player for gold nuggets. The problem with using more than one item for the exchange is that you then set a comparative value between those two items. If you get it wrong, it will either mean copper ingots aren't worth exchanging, or are better to exchange than gold :S .. I will ponder this as I can see where you are coming from on this.

Fort Knox?

I would certainly go Goldfinger all over that and I'd get away with it too.

You can try .. But the swift hand of justice and the pit of imprisonment are never far away .. Especially since you just made yourself prime suspect ;):P