Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Jed1314

[Offline] Terra - [RPPvP] [Factions] [Democratic Rules]

Server Back-story Vote   37 members have voted

1. 1. Who's Back-story do you prefer ? (can be found here:http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/1523-terra-rppvp-factions-democratic-rules-eta-2nd-sep-applications-are-open/page__view__findpost__p__19156)

• ECC's
    • Arthur's

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

698 posts in this topic

Well, my house in the server i'm currently on got blown up, along with my storage. so the exact thing kind of just happened to me, sucks, but i'll deal.

I think most of our player base will be experianced TFCers, so I guess total loss won't be too bad. Especially if the player declares himself a citizen of a town upon respawning. The town leader(s) would take possestion of the character's house and distribute the items for the good of the town, and maybe give the player enough to get a jumpstart... Just another idea

I suppose i agree, towns could have a starter bonus.

I suppose i agree, towns could have a starter bonus.

So, I guess we're scrapping the "Lives" idea?

How's this... When you die, the town you're inhabiting, or the faction you are allinged with, will take control of your house and belongings therein, to use for the benifit of the town or alliance. Town leaders or alliance heads can choose to give your new character some or all of your old character's items, as they see fit.

Just an idea... don't know if it'll work in practice

So, I guess we're scrapping the "Lives" idea?

How's this... When you die, the town you're inhabiting, or the faction you are allinged with, will take control of your house and belongings therein, to use for the benifit of the town or alliance. Town leaders or alliance heads can choose to give your new character some or all of your old character's items, as they see fit.

Just an idea... don't know if it'll work in practice

I like that, but it can't be disproportionate. I think when talking about starter bonuses there is a simple solution, let the towns decide. If they want to make people start again from the stone age, let them. But they risk losing "reincarnated" members to more generous factions who may offer them metal tools etc.

I understand why you don't want people starting again from scratch.

Shall we try that and see if it works on the server ? If it doesn't. we will simply change it over to a system that does :)

I like that, but it can't be disproportionate. I think when talking about starter bonuses there is a simple solution, let the towns decide. If they want to make people start again from the stone age, let them. But they risk losing "reincarnated" members to more generous factions who may offer them metal tools etc.

I understand why you don't want people starting again from scratch.

Shall we try that and see if it works on the server ? If it doesn't. we will simply change it over to a system that does :)

Holy crap, man... That's the exact thing I've been trying to find how to say!!! I'm so happy, I could hug you... In fact... *Internet hugs* >.> <.<...

Anyway, that dynamic would add a more competitive edge to town and faction recruitment. Which town or faction gives the best "migrant resettlement package" will get more players to settle there, or allign with them. Jed, you're a genius!

And on the subject of wars against lone players, couldn't that fall under the " duel " category, where the faction could send people to duel the player. It would effectively be the same thing (Basically a mob boss calling a hit on someone or a guild leader offering a bounty on someone) as a war on a player.

Holy crap, man... That's the exact thing I've been trying to find how to say!!! I'm so happy, I could hug you... In fact... *Internet hugs* >.> <.<...

Anyway, that dynamic would add a more competitive edge to town and faction recruitment. Which town or faction gives the best "migrant resettlement package" will get more players to settle there, or allign with them. Jed, you're a genius!

Awesome, hugs ! :L

I wouldn't say genius :P

We'll see what everyone else thinks, but that seems like a good solution to me :)

And on the subject of wars against lone players, couldn't that fall under the " duel " category, where the faction could send people to duel the player. It would effectively be the same thing (Basically a mob boss calling a hit on someone or a guild leader offering a bounty on someone) as a war on a player.

That seems like a good solution. That way, it doesn't force the lone players into factions out of fear, merely encourages them :P

That seems like a good solution. That way, it doesn't force the lone players into factions out of fear, merely encourages them :P

And they can always refuse the duel, too. That would be fair, so the faction doesn't keep grinding away at him till he finally dies.

And they can always refuse the duel, too. That would be fair, so the faction doesn't keep grinding away at him till he finally dies.

The other thing is that factions could send assassins if they really wanted the loner dead, although it would be a strange thing to attack a loner with assassins for a faction :S

I'm loving the way this plan is heading, it was exactly as i envisioned it:)

Sorry to derail the train, but is this gonna be a whitelist server? Seems a good idea to make sure people are decent enough Role Players and will follow the rules, ya know?

Well... i see it working better as whitelist, the only problem i forsee is getting enough players, ya know?

I was planning to run it as a whitelist. I have the same concerns as you guys do though. I worry that as a whitelist, we may not get the numbers for the server to really be enjoyable, BUT, if it is not whitelisted, we will doubtless have issues with griefers :s

What do you guys think ? Is a decent population more important, or security ?

The rules are quite specific to be fair, so it will be easy to eliminate the less intelligent griefers. For example, as unsolicited killing is a bannable offence, so many griefers would probably be easily banned, as they tend to ignore all of the rules on servers.

Regarding the Currency issues:

1. Gold: As suggested, gold is the best metal to use for currency but the problem is: How?

i suggest to use it as the nugget to ingot ratio is used in the mod:

4 Native Gold ores = Approx 1 Gold Bullion (Ingot) which means that 16 Native Gold nuggets = Approx 1 Gold Bullion

2. Silver & Sterling Silver: Since silver does not have many uses in tfc perheps we can use it as part of the currency system: 1 S. Bullion = 1 native Gold which means that 1 S. Bullion = 1/4 G. Bullion and Etc. (1 S. nuggets = 1/2 G. nugget = 1/32 G. Bullion)

the system might be a bit complicated at first but it will make pricing much more easy

I was planning to run it as a whitelist. I have the same concerns as you guys do though. I worry that as a whitelist, we may not get the numbers for the server to really be enjoyable, BUT, if it is not whitelisted, we will doubtless have issues with griefers :s

What do you guys think ? Is a decent population more important, or security ?

The rules are quite specific to be fair, so it will be easy to eliminate the less intelligent griefers. For example, as unsolicited killing is a bannable offence, so many griefers would probably be easily banned, as they tend to ignore all of the rules on servers.

Jed, I get what your saying. I'd love to have a whitelist, but the were won't thrive and evolve unless there are players. The reason I was for a whitelist is because one of the terms for joinin the server is writing a background for your character.

And about currency... I think we'll cross that bridge when we get there. I'm still for the Tfc to vanilla gold idea...

And about currency... I think we'll cross that bridge when we get there. I'm still for the Tfc to vanilla gold idea...

the two systems are complicated, mine doesnt need an admin for it but its ur choice anyways :P

Regarding whitelist: i support it

P.S. 42

P.S. 42

Ps, in RL, I actually carry a towel with me

A towel: "the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have"

I am thinking what we should do is have like an "open fortnight". Basically, for the first two weeks of the server opening, I will leave it unwhitelisted. After that, I will implement a whitelist, add all of the regular players to it and ask them to give a small character bio. After that, all users will have to apply to access the server. It might be a tough two weeks though ...

sounds good to me

i support

That sounds reasonable, I like it!

Pending any huge objections, I am adding the following changes to the OP:

Death:

When a character dies through any means other than a) Lava or b ) Players, they are considered to have fallen "unconscious" and will respawn without consequence.

If a player dies through lava they are considered dead. They must post a new character.

If a player is killed by another player, there are two potential outcomes:

Unless otherwise agreed, the player is dead and must post a new character. There are exceptions to this:

During moments of action (e.g. theft, assassination, ambush or any other situation where conversation is not an option) the victorious player can decide the fate of the loser. It is worth noting that murder is a crime (but not bannable if provoked), so you may be imprisoned or sentenced to death if you decide to kill a thief, for example.

When you have died, your character dies. This means that all of your possessions etc. no longer belong to you. You spawn as if you had just joined the server.

What happens to your possessions is up to the faction you belonged to. The only rule is that they are not allowed to return them to you, unless they give all new recruits similar or the same items as they did you.

Do not worry though, dying need not mean starting from the stone age again ! What factions give to new recruits is entirely at their discretion, so you may find a faction that is willing to bring you right back into the metal tiers.

Whitelist Policy:

Following the launch of the server, there will be an "open fortnight". This gives the server an opportunity to gain a user base and popularity. After this initial fortnight, a whitelist will be implemented. All regular (i.e. known on the server to be a player) players will be added automatically. These users will be asked to make and post a small backstory for their character. Once the whitelist is turned on, all prospective players will be asked to register.

Also, how does everyone feel about thieves and assassins needing "contracts" ? These will be written books (pending 1.3.2 support) which will specify the price of the job, the job itself and the faction who recruited the agent. This serves two functions:

1) If caught, the intended victim will know who tried to harm them

2) Easy to differentiate between griefers claiming to be agents and actual agents, as the latter would have a contract which you could confirm with the customer to be true

You got the "Blacksmith Copper Seal of approval"

That's awesome man, that'll work really good

Perhaps for effect, Could I make the ship from vanilla blocks? the idea would be 'Arriving at the new world' not only would this be a rather interesting plot tool, it would be easier for me to build at this time.

EDIT: MAKING FURTHER EDITS IF I DONT FINISH THEM, I"LL REPOST THEM IN NEW POST.