Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
flamestrider

The TFC Wiki and Minerals/Ores

40 posts in this topic

Seems like was only spawned in the Andesite blocks?

Yes, as I continued mining, I realized that it wasn't actually in the slate region.

Guys, we're not trying to tell people EXACTLY how to find stuff. That takes the fun out of it. If you guys don't want to find the ore your selves like normal people, go play something else.

Guys, we're not trying to tell people EXACTLY how to find stuff. That takes the fun out of it. If you guys don't want to find the ore your selves like normal people, go play something else.

That isn't even remotely close to my aim with this thread, my aim is to make sure that the pages on the wiki regarding stone layers and the ores and minerals contain the correct information in case you need something rare, like say garnierite and have no clue how to go about finding it since it only spawns in one type of rock.

The information those pages provide information only in what layer they should look, doesn't mean that the layer they look in even has that mineral or ore. Therefore I don't classify it as telling people EXACTLY how to find it. And frankly, reading the wiki isn't something everybody does who play this mod, if people like to play this mod blindfolded, like I did in the beginning, then more power to them, this is more for those of us that have been playing TFC for a long time and like to be reminded of what we already know.

/end rant

But as I asked you previously dunkleosteus, if both you and Bioxx don't want me to update the wiki pages that where created long before I joined the wiki team... why are the pages still on the wiki?

Posted Image

Cassiterite in Basalt in build 48 confirmed.

But as I asked you previously dunkleosteus, if both you and Bioxx don't want me to update the wiki pages that where created long before I joined the wiki team... why are the pages still on the wiki?

Maybe because they hadn't noticed and didn't delete those pages (if they want to). They don't have time to work on the mod AND monitor the wiki.

Maybe because they hadn't noticed and didn't delete those pages (if they want to). They don't have time to work on the mod AND monitor the wiki.

Actually I was mostly ranting in that post. I've spoken to Bioxx since, and he says he doesn't mind us collecting info on where ores spawn, the pages on the wiki still hold true against the one rule about numbers.

Yeah, from my point of view, letting people know where ores spawn isn't going to disrupt the way the game is played. It just gives you some knowledge on where to start looking for what you want to find :)

Yeah, from my point of view, letting people know where ores spawn isn't going to disrupt the way the game is played. It just gives you some knowledge on where to start looking for what you want to find :)

This is true. Besides, with 1.3, all terrain gen just gets crumpled up and thrown out the window. From what I understand, there is no pattern to it, so knowing what "biome" you're in won't do squat.

This is true. Besides, with 1.3, all terrain gen just gets crumpled up and thrown out the window. From what I understand, there is no pattern to it, so knowing what "biome" you're in won't do squat.

indeed, so knowing what type of stone that an ore can spawn in might not be overpowered, only helpfull in the future ;)

Cinnabar in Basalt, mixed in with Cassiterite. It was very close to a layer change from shale, but no Cinnabar was actually in the shale. Only one Cinnabar is visible after mining 3 stacks of 8 from the location shown in the screenshot.

The map was generated with 50c.

post-1350-0-31690500-1348023578_thumb.jp

*edit The screenshot is really small and I don't know how to fix it. Sorry.

Version 52e

1Kfkv.png?1

Jet next to saltpeter in chert rock

Thanks guys, added in your stuff to the correct locations on the wiki.

I have been given a datadump from Bioxx, so this thread is as of now finished, thank you all for your contributions I will update the relevant pages on the wiki regarding ores and minerals.

Dunkleosteus, please feel free to lock this thread.