Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EternalUndeath

Old flames

88 posts in this topic

Well.. potash, it is used in soap production, right? Also, it acts as a ph changer (i think acid, not sure) so it could be implemented as a fertilizer for some plants.

soap?

well a clean steve is a happy steve...

If ambient temp started fires, a forest could catch fire just cause a single leaf block on a single tree spawned over the border of a desert

air would be a good insulator. And it would have to be realistic. If a single leaf block caught, I don't know if it would have enough energy as a result of the reaction to start anything else. Specific heat and all that.

air would be a good insulator. And it would have to be realistic. If a single leaf block caught, I don't know if it would have enough energy as a result of the reaction to start anything else. Specific heat and all that.

I just don't want the entire map to burn cause of a map generation flaw

Like the random lava pools spawning right under trees in vanilla minecraft? Yea, those are fun.

I liked the old fire code, save the random, non-extinguishing, floating wood that tends to leave in it's wake, though it was way too fast. This new fire code is a joke. It takes forever to spread and it seems like it won't ever go anywhere before burning out. That said, I would think the old fire code caused a lot of CPU spikes and possibly even bandwidth issues (to constantly update the vast size of the spread), which has to be considered if you wish to have it make its return.

Bottom line: it would be nice for fire to spread easier and be actually a threat, but the old code was broke.

If there was ash, would it have a use? if not, then it just seems insulting... "Hey! you know that awesome wooden structure you had? now it's useless ash!!! YAAAAAAY!"

Ash could have several uses;

pitch

soap

make something fireresisting

paint

building material -> was used for a long time in clay mortar and plaster

Yeah, let me amend my initial statement of goal-

Fuck the old Notchcode

We need NEW TFC code for fire, that factors in moisture, temperature, flash points, and other environmental factors.

We need organic fire, that catches hard but spreads easy, like the real stuff.

...Also, if we can find a way to work lemons in somewhere as a little easter egg, I won't complain :3

I just don't want the entire map to burn cause of a map generation flaw

If Bioxx and Co. have their way with terrain gen, you won't have forests spawning next to deserts ever anyway.

Yeah, let me amend my initial statement of goal-

Fuck the old Notchcode

We need NEW TFC code for fire, that factors in moisture, temperature, flash points, and other environmental factors.

We need organic fire, that catches hard but spreads easy, like the real stuff.

...Also, if we can find a way to work lemons in somewhere as a little easter egg, I won't complain :3

Lemons on a block and all adjacent blocks get very dry and hot, so if a fire gets near it, foomp, hope you weren't near your log shack that spent IRL days to build

Speaking of which, coal veins burning for almost forever, rendering them unmineable

there are 2 cities where coalmines started to burn spitzbergen (german attack in ww2) and a coal mine in the use ( silent hill is based on )

would be cool if there was firedamage to stone as well ( not as much weight capacity and so on)

there are 2 cities where coalmines started to burn ... a coal mine in the use ( silent hill is based on )

Not sure on the german one, but I know the one in USA is Centralia, Pennsylvania. Weird stuff there, but I'd hate the idea of a mineral/ore be able to burn away in game.

there are 2 cities where coalmines started to burn spitzbergen (german attack in ww2) and a coal mine in the use ( silent hill is based on )

would be cool if there was firedamage to stone as well ( not as much weight capacity and so on)

Hmmm... could add in cracked stone I suppose...

but not really what this thread is about

Not sure on the german one, but I know the one in USA is Centralia, Pennsylvania. Weird stuff there, but I'd hate the idea of a mineral/ore be able to burn away in game.

seeing as it's just coal and rare to happen, it wouldn't be too much a problem, minus weakened stone collapsing under a town, no smoking

spitzbergen is in norway guys ^^

@ antimatter y dont you think fire deamage to stone/bricks is not a good idea , or did i understand you wrong?

spitzbergen is in norway guys ^^

@ antimatter y dont you think fire deamage to stone/bricks is not a good idea , or did i understand you wrong?

I'm just saying it would be only bad if stone happened to be weakened under a large and established settlement. Though crisis like that would be good for a history book of the server with things like "the fall of Creepington" or something. Maybe even scenarios where a small portion of town is left suspended on a cliff such as the Great collapse in Skyrim.

i thought more of a way to create a bigger need to repair settlements -> wooden framework burned very high -> plaster/bricks are damaged -> lower fire resistence/ ability to support -> house comes crashing down if there is to much weight on the walls -> snow,water,another level, to many entitiies, etc

the same should do for supports -> fire ( for example bad torchplacement or coal vein fire) = collapse --> this could lead to a "great collapse" not some dude making a fire at a cliff in the hope to collapse the town on top of the cliff, if thats what you meant

the way that could work would be, kinda hannibal style to cool off/heat up the rock, but there is no need for that, since any griefer could just mine the blocks away ( much faster)

I meant the coal fire could weaken the rock it burns in, weak rock would have a chance to break which updates rocks around it so they have a chance to cave in. Give it long enough underneath a large town and it will be sped up with buildings adding weight above. Pretty much a giant sinkhole has a low chance of happening if this rare event occurs. For a griefer he would have to 1. find a way to mine under a city 2.find coal under that city 3. get the coal hot enough to catch fire

So you would need a lot of determination to do so. At that point I wouldn't persecute him for such a large effort. Just like I think thieves should be if they get through locks all the way to loot well locked up in a house as was discussed on the Kingdoms thread

dude YOU ARE AWESOME ^^ never thought about this way

I meant the coal fire could weaken the rock it burns in, weak rock would have a chance to break which updates rocks around it so they have a chance to cave in. Give it long enough underneath a large town and it will be sped up with buildings adding weight above. Pretty much a giant sinkhole has a low chance of happening if this rare event occurs. For a griefer he would have to 1. find a way to mine under a city 2.find coal under that city 3. get the coal hot enough to catch fire

So you would need a lot of determination to do so. At that point I wouldn't persecute him for such a large effort. Just like I think thieves should be if they get through locks all the way to loot well locked up in a house as was discussed on the Kingdoms thread

this would also lead to the necessity of mining laws/plots and a good police/?defence force

this would also lead to the necessity of mining laws/plots and a good police/?defence force

Most police work is still being tackled over in Kingdoms thread, but from what has been laid out thus far there would be most likely a decree of some sort with a city that would include laws like mining/mine safety, and guards would be posted there so no one tries to create lava spills or mob overflow out of a cave. Mining in TFC is serious bismuth..er..business and should be handled as such.

I'm just gonna go ahead and say that I am pretty much as far from a griefer as you can possibly get (if anyone has seen .hack//Sign, I'm basically Bear in every multiplayer game).

However, one of my most favorite memories of Minecraft is watching a giant forest burn to the ground to clear enough space to build a town.

I'm just gonna go ahead and say that I am pretty much as far from a griefer as you can possibly get (if anyone has seen .hack//Sign, I'm basically Bear in every multiplayer game).

However, one of my most favorite memories of Minecraft is watching a giant forest burn to the ground to clear enough space to build a town.

I miss the fire also .. It would lend a nice aspect to war as well :) (although sadly, this goes hand in hand with making griefing easier :S)

I miss the fire also .. It would lend a nice aspect to war as well :) (although sadly, this goes hand in hand with making griefing easier :S)

Isn't it rather hard at the moment to actually get a flint and steel?

Isn't it rather hard at the moment to actually get a flint and steel?

I understand it takes much zombie farming, or good luck in the dungeons

i was about to start again saying how to light a fire without the use of flint and steel, but i thought that probably a griefer could be reading here, so i will just say: it may or may not be possible to light fire without flint and steel :

I was unaware that worked for anything but one object in the game.

Think charcoal pits....

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0