Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EternalUndeath

Old flames

88 posts in this topic

Jeb just changed the fire-code to match difficulty.

Maybe he was taking a look at this forum...? : or to someone from ehre complaining about the fire in the minecraft forum...?

I must be the only Carebear on these forums.

well that was completely out of nowhere

well that was completely out of nowhere

Only if you're ignorant of MMO terminology.

Actually, minecraft is one of the few games where I prefer to play pvp :P

Otherwise, I'm a total carebear .. When I still played wow, my friend had to mock me into duelling him (which admittedly made it all the sweeter when I won :P). But yeah, usually I'm pve all the way :L

Actually, minecraft is one of the few games where I prefer to play pvp :P

Otherwise, I'm a total carebear .. When I still played wow, my friend had to mock me into duelling him (which admittedly made it all the sweeter when I won :P). But yeah, usually I'm pve all the way :L

oohhhh okay so carebear is someone who doesnt like fighting other plaers in an mmo

alright so i guess that qualifies me too then

oohhhh okay so carebear is someone who doesnt like fighting other plaers in an mmo

alright so i guess that qualifies me too then

More than that. There are certain connotations above and beyond the "dislike of PvP". For example, a Carebear will help lower level players who are new to the game, either through advice, or sometimes through giving them items or money. Back in the olden days of EverQuest 1, I used to hang out in the Wood Elf Tree City of Kelethin in my down time, and would look for people who were hopelessly lost (as the city was a maze), and give them some equipment. Nothing fancy, but stuff that was far outside of what they could have afforded for a long time. A regular broadsword and some leather armor, for example. Or, if they were a caster, I'd buy their spells for the first 8 levels or so (and have them go put them into the bank so they didn't lose them).

And I will engage in PvP in games that allow it, but I never go "looking" for a fight. If I see someone my level picking on someone 10 or more levels below them, I'll jump in and try to save them.

Carebear is more of "can't we all just get along and work together" than "I dislike PvP".

Ah, i always considered myself to be like the nice uncle on the server, i didn't know they had a name like that, i always do that in MMO's lol. (except sometimes Minecraft)

More than that. There are certain connotations above and beyond the "dislike of PvP". For example, a Carebear will help lower level players who are new to the game, either through advice, or sometimes through giving them items or money. Back in the olden days of EverQuest 1, I used to hang out in the Wood Elf Tree City of Kelethin in my down time, and would look for people who were hopelessly lost (as the city was a maze), and give them some equipment. Nothing fancy, but stuff that was far outside of what they could have afforded for a long time. A regular broadsword and some leather armor, for example. Or, if they were a caster, I'd buy their spells for the first 8 levels or so (and have them go put them into the bank so they didn't lose them).

And I will engage in PvP in games that allow it, but I never go "looking" for a fight. If I see someone my level picking on someone 10 or more levels below them, I'll jump in and try to save them.

Carebear is more of "can't we all just get along and work together" than "I dislike PvP".

ah im usually nice in these things but wont go too out of my way to help the little newbies

ah im usually nice in these things but wont go too out of my way to help the little newbies

yeah I know what you mean. I usually help new players because i remember being a new player myself, and every one were such jerks :/.

That's also why i post so much on these forums. When i was younger and posted suggestions or comments on other games' forums, not once did a mod or dev respond, and i was really disappointed. So now, i respond to as many as possible.

It's much appreciated dunk :)

It's much appreciated dunk :)

Yep, it certainly is :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0