Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DocStineTM

Terrafirma minimap

78 posts in this topic

I think we can agree a in-game craft-able map is much more acknowledged as being a more accepted Idea.

so their are a number of dyes already in Minecraft, my basis for an in-game map would be a Cartography type map. here is some ground work that still needs to be finished.

1) craft a Cartography table using 1 red dye 1 blue dye, 1 ink sac, and one orange dye(made from yellow and red) 1 green dye along the top in that order, 3 pieces of paper along the middle section of a crafting table with the bottom being in this order; planks, red stone, planks. placed any ware the player decides to use it.

2) craft Cartography paper using wool and paper and ink plus leather. in this order in a 2X2 grid on the crafting table; ink-leather(top)-wool-paper(bottom) to get a section of cartography paper, meaning that the map can be expanded using the cartography table in a 2 block grid to add two pieces together to make a bigger size for example; tiny-very small- small- medium- large-very large- huge. each expanding the map grid from(tiny being only a 15X15 block radius) to very small being a 25X25 block radius. and from very small to small being 35X35 etc.

3) gather dyes from flowers and ink and bone meal along with cactus green, and heat them in a fire pit or forge till hot then use a hammer to smash the pigments our of the dye to gain "(color) cartography ink" this will allow the use of a cartography table to design the map according ONLY to the players knowledge, no help from the game AT ALL.

4) it is up to the player to paint accurately so as not to get lost through poor surveying skills, also the map can be painted over and over again as to add details little by little as the player surveys the area around him along with updating any details such as new buildings or walls or towers or hills, and ETC.

5) due to the map quality being based on the skill of the player, a master cartographer can trade his or her map that they painted in bartering for what we all can agree a good amount based on the skill and time it will take to be good at making the map itself along with the materials needed to get the table and paper and cartography ink.

6) i have mentioned the points of paper, and cartography inks(made through the detailed process on page one). Red stone(yes i know it is pretty much electricity) because it would but mapping in a more advanced stage of Terrafirmacraft. and also the fact that you could just take the cartography table with in the field because it is easier to link to GUI the a block. Also terrafirmacraft is made to be a challenge for expert mine crafters but simple enough for new players also. and even though cartography was done on ordinary tables, the cartography table includes all the tools cartographer used to chart the maps anyway.

(i will edit this post when i have finished gathering ideas from other players and their positive feed back on the subject, HINDMOST'S concept is a considerable one using different dyes in the game to sorta "paint a players perspective of the landscape around him/her with his own custom details. But i will return to this after some more detailed thought and feed back.

current help in the idea;

Hindmost

Srgnoodles

DocStine(along with a friend)

a mini-map that you could customize sorta like Rei's mini-map

Not needed ever. +1 for in-game map. I also vote for palette in game - fillable with basic colors, mainly black (for contours) and white (for gradient gray, if black exist).

Also, drawing must be an action (the circle with defined radius should be added to the map), draining paint pigments (max out to 100-128 uses - two stacks?).

With only ink you are able to paint contours.

With bonemeal and ink you should be able to draw map in a gradient gray.

With bm, ink and cactus green - trees.

With all + yellow - sand.

???

CARTOGRAPHY!!!1one

Time for unfamous down talking, huzzah!

1. You have not an entire paragraph at least of thought here, which leaves a lot of new thought work for devs.

2. The main point of this mod is to make survival mostly realistic and definitely harder. How much of a burden lifted if you could see a chunk or so ahead of you without seeing it.

3. Not everyone uses that mod, and I'm sure it would more or less be a copy regardless of subtle changes.

4. How self centred are you that you can't leave a (very) simple suggestion there for devs to mettle over and need "credit" for the idea.An idea which was, as you said your self, taken from another mod and completely unoriginal.

Just save us the trouble of barrating him and /thread, oh and welcome to the forums, please enjoy your stay and take these things in consideration, bye!

Time for unfamous down talking, huzzah!

1. You have not an entire paragraph at least of thought here, which leaves a lot of new thought work for devs.

2. The main point of this mod is to make survival mostly realistic and definitely harder. How much of a burden lifted if you could see a chunk or so ahead of you without seeing it.

3. Not everyone uses that mod, and I'm sure it would more or less be a copy regardless of subtle changes.

4. How self centred are you that you can't leave a (very) simple suggestion there for devs to mettle over and need "credit" for the idea.An idea which was, as you said your self, taken from another mod and completely unoriginal.

Just save us the trouble of barrating him and /thread, oh and welcome to the forums, please enjoy your stay and take these things in consideration, bye!

Oi, you knicked my fucking post ya knob >:/

I'm the snarky sarcastic poor-idea executioner with a superiority complex 'round these parts

Oi, you knicked my fucking post ya knob >:/

I'm the snarky sarcastic poor-idea executioner with a superiority complex 'round these parts

Your the one with experience and I'm the spitfire that gets rash whenever I so please, was sent to anger management in elementary school for Bioxx's sake

Your the one with experience and I'm the spitfire that gets rash whenever I so please, was sent to anger management in elementary school for Bioxx's sake

woah, cool down there hot shit. Your scathing remarks might make more of an impact if you used proper grammar. Check your first point. Jus' sayin'.

"You have not an entire paragraph at least of thought here, which leaves a lot of new thought work for devs."

You should write more than a paragraph of thought on your suggestions, this just leaves the devs with more to think about than work on.

There, mum. Can I go outside and play with my friends now?

You should write more than a paragraph of thought on your suggestions, this just leaves the devs with more to think about than work on.

There, mum. Can I go outside and play with my friends now?

Did you finish your homework?

Did you finish your homework?

No.... and I'll get to it later I have plenty of time

Also Eternal, what happened to the coop thing we had on the squid not spawning thread? This mod is tearing us apart!!! no homo

woah, cool down there, hot shit. Your scathing remarks might make more of an impact if you used proper grammar. Check your first point. Jus' sayin'.

A+

See me after class

Whoa kid, this ain't Starsky and fuckin' Hutch. I don't need a partner.

Well this thread is now sufficiently derailed half way to hell mary and I have say SAID many things I'd rather take back, /thread

the thread, the thread, the thread is on fire. It doesn't matter, let the mother close

A+

See me after class

It works better when you can change your marks.

It works better when you can change your marks.

Goddomot Fronk, stop abusing OP

I'll never understand the eagerness to bash new people or ideas. Please just be polite and correct them if they are in the wrong, some things said in these forums are just unnecessarily impolite.

It's better to welcome, correct and encourage rather than to bash, correct and shut out.

That said, I agree with gizmos first three points completely. The fourth point is right but not very politely structured.

I'll never understand the eagerness to bash new people or ideas. Please just be polite and correct them if they are in the wrong, some things said in these forums are just unnecessarily impolite.

It's better to welcome, correct and encourage rather than to bash, correct and shut out.

That said, I agree with gizmos first three points completely. The fourth point is right but not very politely structured.

Posted Image

uhh.... hmm. Don't think of it as bashing new ideas, think of it as stomping out a run away spark before a forest fire starts.

fail post edit is fail

This must be how Dr. Evil felt when he was presented with Mini Me

uhh.... hmm. Don't think of it as bashing new ideas, think of it as stomping out a run away spark before a forest fire starts.

You can probably put out a fire with acid, but I think water is gentler.

Blöhöh.

Not all that really though.

You can probably put out a fire with acid, but I think water is gentler.

Blöhöh.

Not all that really though.

When using water to put out fire, it vaporizes. Acid too, would vaporize, creating a boiling cloud of acid that would blow up in your face. That is why we don't use acid. We use vigorous foot stomping.

Not needed ever. +1 for in-game map. I also vote for palette in game - fillable with basic colors, mainly black (for contours) and white (for gradient gray, if black exist).

Also, drawing must be an action (the circle with defined radius should be added to the map), draining paint pigments (max out to 100-128 uses - two stacks?).

With only ink you are able to paint contours.

With bonemeal and ink you should be able to draw map in a gradient gray.

With bm, ink and cactus green - trees.

With all + yellow - sand.

???

CARTOGRAPHY!!!1one

I like how everyone ignored this actually pretty cool idea.

Make maps just a piece of paper, bottle, and feather combined in a crafting table, then it automatically uses various colored marking items (or, if you wanted to improve on that a little, make it use bottle of ink, and get rid of the bottle requirement in crafting) as it writes stuff on the map.

Or, you could have a blank piece of paper which you could write on, and you could use your own map.

Either option works, in my opinion.

Just checked the minecraft wiki and thought this info was relevant, hangable maps are being added to the game presumably in 1.4 which the first snapshot has already been released. Also in 1.4 is flowerpots, cobblestone walls (we had a suggestion for that also), a beacon/ buff giver, and a potion of night vision.

Other potion also mentioned.

Clear Potion

Diffuse Potion

Artless Potion

Thin Potion

Bungling Potion

Smooth Potion

Suave Potion

Debonair Potion

Charming Potion

Refined Potion

Cordial Potion