Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
bsb23

Arrests

33 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you prefer for arrests?

• I liked the idea of teleportation to jail upon arrests.
    • I liked the idea of a dragging/carrying mechanic instead.
    • Other (don't vote for this one, just tell me the option you want so I can add it)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

71 posts in this topic

Also, if you guys on the IRC feel this way, why not come and tell people that, instead of (as you said) "chuckling" at them ?

Your word carries a lot of weight here as a member of staff. If you really think something is stupid, tell people. Don't just sit and laugh about how stupid you think it is.

I'd rather be told an idea was stupid early than spend hours working on it with others, then be told it is stupid as we begin to resolve it.

Because I am not against ideas the community wants simply because they hold no worth to me.. So far I see nothing in Beta 3 that interests me but there is clearly a lot of discussion in and around this area. I always loved that quote from the movie Primary Colors.. I am not against a good idea just because it wasn't mine.. In this case I am not against the community thinking an idea is good just because I do not. Just for this level of control though... It just does not seem worth the bang for the buck so to speak.

On a side note, we brought the topic up in IRC, chatted it over, and are now here posting... So we are doing what you asked us to do... maybe we shouldn't be?

One final note.. My position on staff is to annoy Bioxx and make sure people don't annoy each other as much as is possible on the internet.. Nothing I say should be taken as gospel or the like as Bioxx and I disagree on quite a few things in TFCraft.. Its his mod, I just chime in with my opinion like anyone else :)

Its not just the small group of Pvps that are going to use this, this idea goes far beyond PvP. I have played on PvP servers and their definition of war is ten guys killing every random passerby they see. If we establish the delicate balance of actual war a lot of people will flock to it like mosquitoes to a blood bank.

there is always a diffrence between a griefer and an rp thief/robber

to defend jed´s but also mead´s point of view

Ok, I'll concede that point. The line is pretty thin though from my point of view.

There is room for more than one play style but it would seem that if you are doing things in a proper RP setting then people would also just obey being arrested for RP purposes. If not then the people who are not obeying it are not RPing properly (Did I mention I play MMOs almost exclusively on RP servers??? PvP RP servers at that :D).

This is more along the lines of which is more worth while to the mod. New adventure dungeons to go and find? More creatures in the game? Some new form of building? Or a mechanic that will be used by a small portion of the people who play TFCraft?

And yeah, I am a cynic :)

It's more about the RP aspect of actually gathering up a posse and tracking down a criminal to beat them into submission (though I admit, this could be done without this mechanic, it would just be a bit more awkward at the end when you have to tell the guy to go to prison from his respawn :P)

Respect for the pvprp server playing by the way :)

As far as the additional features go, I would like to see a balance between them.. I think the whole dragging thing is too difficult to be feasible, but if it were easy to implement in a form, I don't see why not ?

Everyone seems to be a cynic these days :P

Because I am not against ideas the community wants simply because they hold no worth to me.. So far I see nothing in Beta 3 that interests me but there is clearly a lot of discussion in and around this area. I always loved that quote from the movie Primary Colors.. I am not against a good idea just because it wasn't mine.. In this case I am not against the community thinking an idea is good just because I do not. Just for this level of control though... It just does not seem worth the bang for the buck so to speak.

On a side note, we brought the topic up in IRC, chatted it over, and are now here posting... So we are doing what you asked us to do... maybe we shouldn't be?

One final note.. My position on staff is to annoy Bioxx and make sure people don't annoy each other as much as is possible on the internet.. Nothing I say should be taken as gospel or the like as Bioxx and I disagree on quite a few things in TFCraft.. Its his mod, I just chime in with my opinion like anyone else :)

Fair do's .. I think I attached far too much "snideness" to your comment, which is why I brought you up on it mainly. I've not really seen your interactions on this forum that much, so I don't know what tone to expect from you :P

You put forward a very reasonable point, and I would certainly rather see IRC put forward their opinions than not :)

The staff comment is very true also .. You are a thoroughly reasonable person, sorry if I came across as angry :)

Ok, I'll concede that point. The line is pretty thin though from my point of view.

It is a thin line. I am setting up an RP server and I have faced that challenge myself. It's very much a contextual situation.

I have opted for making non faction sponsored theft bannable, making thieves agents for hire. They are still punishable by law if faction sponsored, but it is fully allowed and encouraged as a method of subterfuge and "hidden warfare"

This is a prime situation where I would never ban the player, but imprisonment would be useful :P

It's more about the RP aspect of actually gathering up a posse and tracking down a criminal to beat them into submission (though I admit, this could be done without this mechanic, it would just be a bit more awkward at the end when you have to tell the guy to go to prison from his respawn :P)

Respect for the pvprp server playing by the way :)

As far as the additional features go, I would like to see a balance between them.. I think the whole dragging thing is too difficult to be feasible, but if it were easy to implement in a form, I don't see why not ?

Everyone seems to be a cynic these days :P

Fair do's .. I think I attached far too much "snideness" to your comment, which is why I brought you up on it mainly. I've not really seen your interactions on this forum that much, so I don't know what tone to expect from you :P

You put forward a very reasonable point, and I would certainly rather see IRC put forward their opinions than not :)

The staff comment is very true also .. You are a thoroughly reasonable person, sorry if I came across as angry :)

No worries, and always take my tone as Sarcastic ;) Its much much safer that way (and accurate 90% of the time). I have also become more quiet on these forums since I was made a moderator simply to avoid people thinking my view on things carried more weight than anyone elses... I speak up when I think I can contribute or when I do have info from hanging around in the IRC channel where Bioxx makes appearances from time to time.

Anywho, I do not want to drag this topic any more off topic.. I have put in my two cents so now back to your normally scheduled debating :)

I have also become more quiet on these forums since I was made a moderator simply to avoid people thinking my view on things carried more weight than anyone elses...

maybe I should try that... oops

how about bioxx adds a dragging system and a tp to jail system that could be changed by a button in the options menu? This was suggested before I just want to revive the idea.

how about bioxx adds a dragging system and a tp to jail system that could be changed by a button in the options menu? This was suggested before I just want to revive the idea.

I think Bioxx already made his decision about drag/tele, I just wanted to see what you guys would post.

Does that make me a monster?

BanHammers anyone?

So, could we know what the decision is Dunk?

So, could we know what the decision is Dunk?

that would kinda ruin the fun though

since it is not a discovery thing -> how to do this/that find a new veggie etc

so you ether close the thread, or post the decision and than close it

and while you at it hand me that exquisite necklace over there and that watch, chop chop i hear the cops, MOVE IT already,

no you won´t drag meto prison again you bastards

Crysyn, correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to recall it being stated that this mod was moving towards a focus on SMP, and that it was being designed around SMP.

How, therefore, would the ideas being discussed in the Kingdoms thread be used only by a small portion of the player base?

Seriously, it's really condescending and other words I don't remember how to spell to basically "sit around and laugh at how stupid you think other people's solutions to a problem are without actually contributing to the search for a solution to the problem itself."

Seriously, it's really condescending and other words I don't remember how to spell to basically "sit around and laugh at how stupid you think other people's solutions to a problem are without actually contributing to the search for a solution to the problem itself."

are you talking to me? .___.

Crysyn, correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to recall it being stated that this mod was moving towards a focus on SMP, and that it was being designed around SMP.

How, therefore, would the ideas being discussed in the Kingdoms thread be used only by a small portion of the player base?

Yeah man.. Your quotes, even the one with quotes, do not actually exist (though I can see if you skimmed a post how you could come up with them). If you have something useful for the topic that is on topic then by all means post it. I already gave my two cents and then gave it context so it is taken in the right light. The comments here, aside from just being wrong, have nothing to do with that topic and so I will just ignore them.

Yeah man.. Your quotes, even the one with quotes, do not actually exist (though I can see if you skimmed a post how you could come up with them). If you have something useful for the topic that is on topic then by all means post it. I already gave my two cents and then gave it context so it is taken in the right light. The comments here, aside from just being wrong, have nothing to do with that topic and so I will just ignore them.

Kingdoms aka Beta 3 will be the next phase of TFC development. As usual I will no doubt add many other things along the way but that is what I aim for Beta 3 to contain. This thread is for brainstorming ideas related to this.

I won't be starting Beta 3 any time soon. Others have rightly pointed out that there is much work to still be done with Beta 2. Heck, agriculture still isn't done(its boring so its slow going).

What is Kingdoms about?

Kingdoms will be aiming to add a way for players to establish cities and towns in such a way that economies and politics can enter the realm of TerraFirmaCraft.

By Economy you mean..

Yes I mean money. There have been several threads related to this and I would like to see the best ideas brought forth here.

By Politics you mean..

This is purely an SMP game aspect. I'd like to see server enforced towns and land ownership etc.

Will I be forced to play with these rules? Added 8/10

No. If you want to play with no rules, then that's fine. Towns will never be required. I plan to give the players as much control as I can over the systems involved. As many of you have rightly noted, the players will do a much better job creating gameplay than I ever could myself.

Aren't there more important things to be worked on? Added 8/10

There are plenty of things that need to be done still. Just as I've done with Beta 2, I'll be working on other things as I go along. This idea however has me excited for the possibilities, which is why it will be the primary goal of Beta 3.

Will there be NPC's to fill roles in cities? Added 8/10

Probably not unless a very compelling reason is brought forth. I would rather see players take advantage of the systems than have a computer controlled NPC doing everything.

What is the Home Stone and why do we need a block to represent the town?Added 8/13

I think a lot of you are failing to grasp why we need a stone Home Stone in the first place. First of all the name is taken from the World of Gor series of books. Secondly, I like to let things be represented in the world whenever possible. From a gameplay perspective, it offers a way for players to easily learn what they need to about a town such as laws or w/e else. I highly dislike the player having to type in commands into chat in order to play the game so they need. Also it offers something concrete in the world in which the supporting code is operated around. If I try to abstract out things such as borders of a town etc(while possible) it becomes a lot harder.

I will update this post now and again with revised information. Please keep all posts pertaining to these themes in this topic.

Emphasis in red is mine.

The next beta phase (3) will be centered on a purely SMP feature, which is the creation of cities and the mechanics for doing so.

are you talking to me? .___.

No. I like you. I don't find you to be an asshole, and you have made it very clear that you do not always speak as the Voice of God.

No. I like you. I don't find you to be an asshole, and you have made it very clear that you do not always speak as the Voice of God.

well thanks, but let's not get too aggressive here. This forum is supposed to be a place to share opinions. Let's not go around insulting eachother.

well thanks, but let's not get too aggressive here. This forum is supposed to be a place to share opinions. Let's not go around insulting eachother.

If I have insulted someone, that has not been my intent.