Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
darthdave78

Explosives!

39 posts in this topic

Haven't seen explosives suggested yet, so I'll throw in my opinion.

I think the base ingredient should obviously be black powder. Black Powder should be made from:

Sulfur (Spawns on the rocks next to lava)

Potassium Nitrate/Saltpeter (Spawns in bat guano/limestone caves)

Charcoal

By throwing these together in a crafting grid, you get black powder. Black powder can be placed on the ground (like redstone, they join up and connect) If you strike any part of the black powder trail with a firestarter/flint and steel, a spark travels down the line at the speed of a player sprinting, with each block with gunpowder on it bursting into flames as the spark passes over.

Now that sound fun and all, but what about something more civilized? If the player crafts a ceramic pot (hopefully used for storage too) in the fire and fills that with black powder, you get a black powder pot. This pot doesn't do anything unless you use a black powder trailer as a fuse leading up to the pot. When the player lights the trail and the pot goes boom, you get the same blast radius as vanilla TNT in dirt, but the pot's effectiveness against stone is much decreased, and effectiveness against wood increased.

Thats all for now, pitch in you ideas and lets see where this goes (who knows it might even lead into the bedroom ;D)

Oh man, we're way ahead of you. (sorta). Don't know if you realized, but saltpeter and sulfur are in the game for the exact intention of making black/gun powder, especially after creepers are relocated. I don't know if explosives are gonna be in the mix, we've already ruled out guns. We've tossed around the idea of fireworks, but that's just a suggestion, nothing is set in stone.

Oh man, we're way ahead of you. (sorta). Don't know if you realized, but saltpeter and sulfur are in the game for the exact intention of making black/gun powder, especially after creepers are relocated. I don't know if explosives are gonna be in the mix, we've already ruled out guns. We've tossed around the idea of fireworks, but that's just a suggestion, nothing is set in stone.

Just add a barrel item, which can store gunpowder like a log pile, and use his trail of ignitable gunpowder idea. Not sure how useful this would be, since it'd be a rather expensive and ineffective way to mine... but come on, EXPLOSIONS!!!

Especially if you made explosions more spectacular...

Also, I really like the fireworks idea.

Just add a barrel item, which can store gunpowder like a log pile, and use his trail of ignitable gunpowder idea. Not sure how useful this would be, since it'd be a rather expensive and ineffective way to mine... but come on, EXPLOSIONS!!!

Especially if you made explosions more spectacular...

Also, I really like the fireworks idea.

Imagine the kind of destruction that would cause on a server.... I don't know how we can really implement this unless TFC becomes more specialized

Unless TFC is designed so that the "jack of all trades" never pops up, ie you are either a woodcutter or a miner, not both... We need to limit who has access to these, otherwise there will be a lot of issues.

I think if gunpowder is removed as a drop from creepers, that it should be possible to make black powder, and use it to form a crude explosive.

yknow what really disssapointed me about vanilla, is the TNT

i expected to be able to use it for mining like they do in real life

but if we could make TNT or some other form of explosive that would not destroy the drops and would actually be a much better way to mine than pickaxes

yknow what really disssapointed me about vanilla, is the TNT

i expected to be able to use it for mining like they do in real life

but if we could make TNT or some other form of explosive that would not destroy the drops and would actually be a much better way to mine than pickaxes

dynamite is used for explosives, but TNT isn't dynamite. And neither of these are made with gun powder. Explosives for mining is a relatively recent addition to our technology, so I don't know if it will make it's way into TFC.

And we really don't differentiate between black and gun powder here, as there is no point removing one item and adding the other.

Also, creepers won't have their drop changed, creepers are being taken out of the overworld and/or overworld surface

Something like Ampho is used more in mining, as it is slower when it explodes. Adding a way to obtain tnt without creeper farming would be a godsend for sieges.... speaking of which... going to search forums.

I don't know if it'll happen or not, but I'd love to see a hidden recipe for Exploding Lemons, a la Cave Johnson's "Lemon Rant"

:P

Shaped charged would be cool, but I duno if they exsisted back that far.

I don't think we'll be adding that kind of easter egg. We're looking for believability here, and that might tarnish that integrity. (lemons, I mean)

I don't think we'll be adding that kind of easter egg. We're looking for believability here, and that might tarnish that integrity. (lemons, I mean)

You know you want to, and I think most of the player base would get a good chuckle out of it. Balance it by making it take a crap ton of stuff for a little pay out. :P I really want exploding lemons... I mean, I would really like exploding lemons...

You know you want to, and I think most of the player base would get a good chuckle out of it. Balance it by making it take a crap ton of stuff for a little pay out. :P I really want exploding lemons... I mean, I would really like exploding lemons...

I mean, if it isn't the lemon exploding... if it were an elaborate array of explosives strapped to a lemon... that would work lol.

I mean, if it isn't the lemon exploding... if it were an elaborate array of explosives strapped to a lemon... that would work lol.

well if you stuffed the lemon full of gunpowder...

Actually lemon oil is quite flammable

scooping out the inside of a lemon and adding a fuse, drying it out for a bit, and then capping it produces quite the little napalm grenade

Actually lemon oil is quite flammable

scooping out the inside of a lemon and adding a fuse, drying it out for a bit, and then capping it produces quite the little napalm grenade

That doesn't pass the sniff test. Source?

EDIT: Lemon oil's flash point is 60 degrees C, pretty sure that wouldn't work unless you were right next to lava.

That doesn't pass the sniff test. Source?

Of course it passes the sniff test, it's lemony fresh !

EDIT: Lemon oil's flash point is 60 degrees C, pretty sure that wouldn't work unless you were right next to lava.

Well, that is disappointing. I was going to try this, but with my local climate, that definitely isn't going to happen :P

Well then make lemons explode when thrown in lava it would be a more subtle easter egg, but also wouldn't make it useful for combat. (which would be silly, fighting, with lemons)

Maybe they could firstly start some fires in the enemy settlement, and then attack with a ton load of lemons. I am pretty sure a fire of those dimensions can be hotter than 60ºC, so it would be kind of a chain effect, where those lemons that fell near/in the fire would start more fires around the area, and those who didn't would eventually be reached by the fire from the first one, that starting a very large fire in the fortress.

Now it doesn't feel so silly, does it? i would certainly use this strategy if i was commanding my army against any city >=D -i may be called Ivan the Terrible II? lol-

Beware the Lemon Scourge!

Beware the Lemon Scourge!

New signature I think :P

Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

you guys realise that 60 degrees C is only a few degrees hotter than the Australian outback, right? It's still 40 degrees C less than boiling...

Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Lol, someone actually quoted this from somewhere else when i said that saying, a while ago in this same forum. You just tried to make it look like you invented that? then, that's sad : you didn't? then, clarify next time. I'm a bit confused here ._.

Lol, someone actually quoted this from somewhere else when i said that saying, a while ago in this same forum. You just tried to make it look like you invented that? then, that's sad : you didn't? then, clarify next time. I'm a bit confused here ._.

Thats a quote from portal 2

all credit goes to Valve Software TM