Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kirhak

Make hunger decrease even when your not doing activities

61 posts in this topic

Oh no, someone has a different opinion than the majority! Let's make fun of their playstyle! Honestly, I expected better from you dunkleosteus.

oh no someone doesnt know how to actually read what people are talking about! Let's insult the devs!. Honestly, i expected better from you DarkLadyPhoenix

Oh no, someone has a different opinion than the majority! Let's make fun of their playstyle! Honestly, I expected better from you dunkleosteus.

there's a difference between 'different' and 'I wish I lived in Sparta'

You obviously don't know it

Am I the only one that honestly thought hunger still decreased even when you weren't doing anything?...okay I thought so.

hunger does decrease when you do nothing, it just decreases slowly. This makes sense, i can remember times when i've gone for two weeks on a back of pita chips and a bottle of lemonade because i pretty much remained stagnant the whole time. i also remember others where i would sprint around playing field airsoft for about 10 hours and be starving by the end of it. I don't think we should lose that much hunger while stagnant because we can basically run off of very little energy for a few days.

hunger does decrease when you do nothing, it just decreases slowly.

I'm gonna assume you mean IRL, because in minecraft, as of yet, this is not the case.

Ask Dunk, I was just AFKing in minecraft for 3 solid RL days with a UI open, not moving much, and my hunger didn't budge. Not only has it not gone down even half a bar, but the saturation hasn't even been lost

I'm gonna assume you mean IRL, because in minecraft, as of yet, this is not the case.

Ask Dunk, I was just AFKing in minecraft for 3 solid RL days with a UI open, not moving much, and my hunger didn't budge. Not only has it not gone down even half a bar, but the saturation hasn't even been lost

I could have sword that hunger went down when you're not moving.

well i could have maced that hunger went down when you dont move too

nope, eternal is right. He left his game running for one of his LPs for three days afk, like he said. No loss of hunger.

Am I the only one that honestly thought hunger still decreased even when you weren't doing anything?...okay I thought so.

I thought it did too, actually.

Technically even this wouldn't cause your character to die with the current system, unless the server is on hard or hardcore. As you cant die from the hunger bar being empty on normal anyhow. It would just cause you to drain health down to 50%. Honestly if something like this is in consideration it would really only fit with a total rework on how hunger effects health. Otherwise there's not much point to this, except you will either stand there chatting at 50% health with an empty hunger bar, rather than standing there chatting with 100% hunger and 100% health.

Technically even this wouldn't cause your character to die with the current system, unless the server is on hard or hardcore. As you cant die from the hunger bar being empty on normal anyhow. It would just cause you to drain health down to 50%. Honestly if something like this is in consideration it would really only fit with a total rework on how hunger effects health. Otherwise there's not much point to this, except you will either stand there chatting at 50% health with an empty hunger bar, rather than standing there chatting with 100% hunger and 100% health.

very true. This means we can add this feature without people spazzing about dying while they're afk.

well it does in vanilla minecraft, but this isnt vanilla...

It's because hunger doesn't work off of a timer, it works off of actions. Doing shit depletes your saturation meter, and when that's gone it starts to deplete your hunger.

with 0 saturation, walking... I believe it's 40 blocks will deplete your hunger by one point, or half a meat stick. As will jumping 20 times. Sprint jumping is the worst offender, I think you lose a point for like every 5-6 sprint jumps.

Posted Image

You can try this yourself

Eat a shitton of steak or pork (nothing else) until you're completely full, then sprint jump around like a spaz until you see your meat pops doing the jitterbug atop your hotbar. That means your saturation is at 0.

Then jump in place until you lose half a meat pop, and stop. This will make sure your hunger is 'calibrated' to 19. Now stay in one place, and jump 20 times exactly. On the 20th jump, your hunger will drop again to 18, or one full meat log gone.

This is because hunger in vanilla (and currently TFC) is based on actions, not time.

Case closed.

It's because hunger doesn't work off of a timer, it works off of actions. Doing shit depletes your saturation meter, and when that's gone it starts to deplete your hunger.

with 0 saturation, walking... I believe it's 40 blocks will deplete your hunger by one point, or half a meat stick. As will jumping 20 times. Sprint jumping is the worst offender, I think you lose a point for like every 5-6 sprint jumps.

You can try this yourself

Eat a shitton of steak or pork (nothing else) until you're completely full, then sprint jump around like a spaz until you see your meat pops doing the jitterbug atop your hotbar. That means your saturation is at 0.

Then jump in place until you lose half a meat pop, and stop. This will make sure your hunger is 'calibrated' to 19. Now stay in one place, and jump 20 times exactly. On the 20th jump, your hunger will drop again to 18, or one full meat log gone.

This is because hunger in vanilla (and currently TFC) is based on actions, not time.

Case closed.

this is true. I've seen the code. It isn't handled by tick like animal age, it's triggered by events. We might make it by tick though, but maybe only one point every 24000. (There are 24000 ticks in a minecraft day) so that means you've run out after 20 days, which is roughly the 3 weeks humans can survive without food.

A white dragon and a pony... O_o wtf...

*cough* Rarity and Spike *cough*

but you got it backwards, Spike isnt white but Rarity is

Yeah, i know, but it was the first thing that came to mind.

Well yeah, but spike is actually Rarity's SIZE.

I-

er... my avatar is 55' from snout to tail, and stands 12' at the shoulder, with a 57' wingspan.

Not exactly pony-sized

Hence Ice Shard

Well yeah, but spike is actually Rarity's SIZE.

I-

er... my avatar is 55' from snout to tail, and stands 12' at the shoulder, with a 57' wingspan.

Not exactly pony-sized

Hence Ice Shard

Didn't stop Donkey...

Didn't stop Donkey...

Rolls were reversed. That was a kielbasa down a hallway, this would be more like trying to thread a needle with a water bottle.

Rolls were reversed. That was a kielbasa down a hallway, this would be more like trying to thread a needle with a water bottle.

How the hell did we get on this topic of conversation?

Terrafirmacraft forums

Where everything derails before you even notice

Now, back on topic... i agree with the title of this post ._.

How the hell did we get on this topic of conversation?

I approve of this content :)

I approve of this content :)

The talk of *shudder* pony dragon interbreeding (the image of "Threading a needle with a water bottle" was particularly lovely Eternal -.- :P) or the original (and sensible) suggestion of hunger increasing when you stand still ? :P

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0