Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DarkLadyPhoenix

Anyone seen a deer yet?

37 posts in this topic

Nevermind. Read wrong notes :P

I have. Does that help? :P

Yes :) Can you post a screenie? I was just curios on what it looks like :D

This pic is from before I got the texture issue sorted out.

Posted Image

These two are from after. The deer are white because I had to change the texture name from deer2.png to deer.png... anyway, they will look proper in the oficial release.

Posted Image

Posted Image

and finally, here is a picture of a newborn fawn

Posted Image

I was still toying with the animation in some of the earlier ones, so ignore the awkwardness.

Wow, those are impressive models! I can't wait for these to be in game!

Wow, those are impressive models! I can't wait for these to be in game!

QFE. Those are REALLY nice deer with the game limitations you're working with.

QFE. Those are REALLY nice deer with the game limitations you're working with.

well thank you :P

Dunk, these look really good. No plain brown deer for TFC! Plus, the level of detail on the joints and snout... Well, I'm really looking forward to the next update. Great work.

Too bad we won't be able to see them. The closest white deer in the first screenie is 11 blocks away. Don't know if that second one is 'too close' as well. Should make bow hunting quite fun though :D

Posted Image

So tiny... and white.... :blink:

Was the resources updated since I DLed 48?

EDIT: I see bear the mobs folder of the resources, but no deer or deer2.

Posted Image

So tiny... and white.... :blink:

Was the resources updated since I DLed 48?

EDIT: I see bear the mobs folder of the resources, but no deer or deer2.

48 is out??????????

That's odd, bioxx must have forgotten the textures. it should be deer.png and deer_fawn.png

48 is out??????????

That's odd, bioxx must have forgotten the textures. it should be deer.png and deer_fawn.png

also, you spawned that in with an egg, right?

No, I walked about 50m from spawn and there they were. All babies with no mom to be seen. What the picture doesn't show is all the erratic running I was having to do.

No, I walked about 50m from spawn and there they were. All babies with no mom to be seen. What the picture doesn't show is all the erratic running I was having to do.

ugh. I guess my code was "edited" on it's way into TFC. I'll fix it tonight.

48 is out??????????

Indeed. Downloading pure, distilled epicosity to my computer right now. :)

you mean, pure bugness? :P

you mean, pure bugness? :P

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQ_LHyx2odc

now that we already have thread about deer...

Right now they drop wool only and have the sheep sounds right?! is that going to change? probably right? because its not really realistic....if it is because there is no deer meat yet and no custom sound either...couldn't they at least drop leather?

now that we already have thread about deer...

Right now they drop wool only and have the sheep sounds right?! is that going to change? probably right? because its not really realistic....if it is because there is no deer meat yet and no custom sound either...couldn't they at least drop leather?

oi. The deer were based off the sheep entity. The wool thing is an oversight. Mutton and venison are in production, but we are holding off slightly to fix other issues atm. Also, probably no leather drops off of deer ever.

PS, I'm not stupid enough to make deer drop wool on purpose.

PS, I'm not stupid enough to make deer drop wool on purpose.

Deerskin blanets.

And having actually been able to FEEL a real reindeer hide, they aren't joking when they say it is the softest and most comfortable thing you will ever own. If you ever had the impulse to press your face into a sheep, try reindeer. Ten times better.

So no, I don't have an issue with deer dropping wool.

Deerskin blanets.

And having actually been able to FEEL a real reindeer hide, they aren't joking when they say it is the softest and most comfortable thing you will ever own. If you ever had the impulse to press your face into a sheep, try reindeer. Ten times better.

So no, I don't have an issue with deer dropping wool.

hide =!= wool

It makes no sense for deers to drop wool and has been confirmed as a bug. Nothing left to argue about.

hide =!= wool

It makes no sense for deers to drop wool and has been confirmed as a bug. Nothing left to argue about.

It may be classified as a bug, but my point is: it's not that illogical. Yes, hides aren't wool. But a deer hide is used for many of the same things as wool is used for.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0