Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Srgnoodles

Lamps, Candles and Torches oh my! (new lighting ideas)

153 posts in this topic

Awwwwwww missed discussion of books while taking exam :(

Eternal that seems a but expensive. Maybe if we got 3 or 4 sconces per ingot. And maybe

_@_@_

_@_@_

_@@@_

__@__

__@__

As plan instead of what you said.

Balance brah. Everything in the game needs balance.

but then again candles were extremely usefull

Awwwwwww missed discussion of books while taking exam :(

Eternal that seems a but expensive. Maybe if we got 3 or 4 sconces per ingot. And maybe

_@_@_

_@_@_

_@@@_

__@__

__@__

As plan instead of what you said.

I did a diagonal base because torch sconces are primarily placed on walls

I assume we're talking something pretty dim, i mean, torches in my experience are (or can be) Much brighter due to the surface area, and consumption rate of fuel. Candles are very slow burning and are fairly dim, i would love to be walking through a dark corridor with a dim candle in my hand, illuminating the way. And you could put a candle mount for use on walls. or on the ground/top of blocks.

Once again, how would we get wax?

I feel like repeating half of that comment.... we have gone over this like 3 or so times, i think in this thread too... Tallow, Olive Oils, Bees (not in tfc, too much work) Sperm whales (if added) could supply wax and oils, Lanolin is obtained from wool (totally doable by the way) And finally Montan wax, which is extracted from Coal, and Lignite.

what about oil lamps, they could be (where used by the romans and greeks too) as chandelier lightsource

what about oil lamps, they could be (where used by the romans and greeks too) as chandelier lightsource

well i did say that lamps would be able to be hung from the ceiling in the OP...

but hanging lamps to the ceiling and useing them for chandeleirs are t odiffent things, in my oppinion

also there should be glass/metal lamps as well as clay lamps

but hanging lamps to the ceiling and useing them for chandeleirs are t odiffent things, in my oppinion

also there should be glass/metal lamps as well as clay lamps

clay lamps? never heard of such a thing

Google it there is a ton of them.

Posted Image

this but with clay

but on the other hand, made out of stone looks aweeeesome

could be one of those things you actually dont need but you like to show of with it

Posted Image

this but with clay

but on the other hand, made out of stone looks aweeeesome

could be one of those things you actually dont need but you like to show of with it

ahhh THOSE kinds of lamps, i was thinking more the "lantern" style lamps with metal and glass

Both kinds would work.

What about one kind for being placeable and one kind for being holdable?

What about one kind for being placeable and one kind for being holdable?

Well until we can get dynamic lighting working with TFC, NONE of them will be 'holdable'

Well until we can get dynamic lighting working with TFC, NONE of them will be 'holdable'

and i heard that having dynamic lighting kills FPS too, so unless we keep optifine compatability, i wont be able to use it

and i heard that having dynamic lighting kills FPS too, so unless we keep optifine compatability, i wont be able to use it

well, making TFC a modsfolder mod (which has apparently already happened?) should allow it to keep optifine compatibility...

well, making TFC a modsfolder mod (which has apparently already happened?) should allow it to keep optifine compatibility...

-takes in deep breath- hhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh...

yay

Gasp! Where is this magic?

Gasp! Where is this magic?

Dont go holding me to this or asking where I heard cuz I'm not 100%, but I believe build 49 or 50 may be able to just be drag-'n-drop

I believe build 49 or 50 may be able to just be drag-'n-drop

Held to it ;)

Also, where did you hear this ? Citation ? :P

Seriously though, that sounds awesome ! Hopefully you heard right :)

Held to it ;)

Also, where did you hear this ? Citation ? :P

Seriously though, that sounds awesome ! Hopefully you heard right :)

;p

;p

My first -1 .... I ... I don't even ... *boom*

Creepers, confused forum personalities ?

My first -1 .... I ... I don't even ... *boom*

Creepers, confused forum personalities ?

and then jed was never heard from again

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0