Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Higgs Bonbon

X-ray mods compatible with TFC?

13 posts in this topic

I've tried quite a few and I've only got one to work, and the slowdown caused the game to crash repeatedly. Has anyone else managed to get one working?

I've tried quite a few and I've only got one to work, and the slowdown caused the game to crash repeatedly. Has anyone else managed to get one working?

that's sort of cheating, isn't it?

Yeah, it really is, i would like to see the compatible one that was posted on the forums to be taken down actually :/

This thread is kinda like asking police officers if they know a good way to rob a bank.

Unrelated note.. Pedonymous .. Worst sounding name ever ? It has the words pedophile (which I know should be paedophile) and anonymous in one .. Troll ?

Is it possible to cheat in a sandbox game which is pretty much do-what-you-want? A lot of people on this forum, and many of the youtubers, have NEI installed... is that not cheating? In fact, any mod that alters gameplay should be considered cheating right? Maps, Trains, Tech mods, InvTweaks etc. Even Optifine makes it easier to play if you have a weak system... maybe you should have opted for a better system instead of cheating you little cheaters!!! lol :)

Is it possible to cheat in a sandbox game which is pretty much do-what-you-want? A lot of people on this forum, and many of the youtubers, have NEI installed... is that not cheating? In fact, any mod that alters gameplay should be considered cheating right? Maps, Trains, Tech mods, InvTweaks etc. Even Optifine makes it easier to play if you have a weak system... maybe you should have opted for a better system instead of cheating you little cheaters!!! lol :)

You're a moron.

HEY WHAT'S UP I'M HERE IN THIS THREAD TO ASK WHAT THE FUCK A FALSE EQUIVALENCY IS.

I was asking to see how big/widely distributed ores are throughout biomes.

GEE, THANKS FOR THE HELP.

Pedonymous, check here: http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/1238-46c-experimentation-ores/ for a more reliable, more accurate, and much less hated method of determining that. Had that even been mentioned in your original thread the topic may of went differently.

I'm not sure if you're joking or trying to raise a serious point, but I'll assume the later since I'm really bad at detecting sarcasm over the internet. Those videos are tutorials. Are they cheating? Well, yea. They're obtaining materials in a gameplay breaking manner (if they were doing creative+NEI than this is a mute point, since creative is designed just for this). However, the significant difference is they are doing it in single player which means it makes no difference to anyone else. Even if they have NEI in multiplayer, it is actually designed to not spawn anything for you unless you have OP privileges. Thus, it's only usefulness in SMP is for a quick reference of recipes (unless you're an admin). A wiki page opened in a second window would achieve the same result.

Is optifine cheating? Well, no ofc not. Optifine optimizes (hence the opti- in the name) the rendering done in minecraft to be more efficient. The end result is increase in FPS. Gameplay however remains unchanged. Frankly, the worse part about it is that it exists at all. It should be part of minecraft from the get go. I'm fairly certain this was sarcasm at least, because it's so obviously not a cheat by any definition.

Trains, tech mods, mod X that changes gameplay and requires a server mod to function aren't cheating despite the gameplay altering characteristics. The reason is the server is actually designed around the principle that you DO use them. Everyone has access to them so no one is at an advantage.

Now client side only mods that can affect gameplay... that's tricky. X-ray is obviously cheating for the simple fact it gives you a huge advantage over someone who's not using it. It breaks gameplay in a server if someone is able to find otherwise rare materials with ease. There's an obvious advantage to having such a thing in a server and there's no way anyone could possibly think it's not cheating. Seriously....

Minimap and invtweaks... actually, I guess you could say they are cheats. They do alter gameplay, do offer the client using it something of an advantage over non-users, but the difference is how they affect gameplay. These mods are "convenience mods". The don't do anything you couldn't do yourself, they just make it easier. Being able to see through walls is not something people can do normally, but building a noob tower and getting the lay of land instead of using a mini-map? Possible. Moving a new pick into your quickbar when one breaks? Possible. Writing down coords to where you found small ores instead of making waypoints? Possible. That said, if a server doesn't allow them and you go in with them, you're cheating. I haven't seen any server that cares about people using such convenience mods though.

Hmm, thanks I guess. I'm certainly not used to forums, didn't think people would completely ignore my question instead of a simple yes or no.

Actualy, my first question was serious, the rest was sarcasm for those people who think you can cheat in SSP. The game was designed for you to be able to do what you want, and also designed to be modded.

Nowhere in his post did he say he was using this for multiplayer. If you want to look through the ground on your own map to find ores, go for it. If you are trying to bypass server rules in SMP, then yes that is cheating, but you cannot cheat on SSP in a sandbox game, it is impossible. I have NEI, REI's minimap, Trains, BuildCraft(with sub-mods), InventoryTweaks and RedPower. I only use NEI to recover my items when a game crash or bug causes me to lose stuff, but even people who use it to simulate a creative mode situation from time to time aren't cheating. I don't have a need for OptiFine, but I don't consider that cheating either, again just sarcasm.