Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Bioxx

Do Not Post the Following Suggestions

4 posts in this topic

Prospecting Pick
Any threads suggesting a change to the Prospecting Pick to make it easier or more accurate will be summarily terminated. In any system that I implement, I try to do justice to the folks that do these things for real. Prospecting takes years to learn and master. As such, prospecting in TerraFirmaCraft is a skill. It CAN be mastered. In fact there are quite a few people who have already discovered how to use it to great effect.

This is the nature of TerraFirmaCraft. Not everyone will be good at everything. This is by design. I don't WANT everyone to be masters at everything. Please accept this. Thank you.

NPCs
There are plenty of things that NPCs could be used for in TFC but none of your reasons are good enough for me to want to have to add NPCs to the equation on top of everything else. Whats that? Your idea IS good enough? No its not.

Once TFC leaves beta and we have in place an easy way for others to create mods targeted at TFC and you want NPCs then by all means add them. It is not and will not be a focus of our development.

More suggestions that should not be posted are listed below by the rest of the TFC staff. Make sure that you read this entire thread, not just this post.

Manure

Dunkleosteus has stated that he is not comfortable coding any way shape or form of a feces mechanic for TFC. Please respect his decision and do not suggest topics that may be considered "disgusting" in nature. This includes but is not limited to: feces, urine, genitalia, graphic diseases.  

Firearms and guns aren't being added to TFC, no matter how many times or ways you suggest it.

Salt from Salt Water

Believable does not mean that everything has to be accurate. The idea behind believable is that it gives us much leeway to change facts as we see fit to provide a desired gameplay outcome. A great many things are possible in the real world, but that does not mean that all of those things are beneficial to providing a progression based gameplay experience. In the case of salt, sure I could easily add boiling salt water to attain salt. But what would be the purpose besides just giving the player something else to waste time on when it would be that easy?

Attaining the salt would be trivial at best and would cause two problems with the flow of the game with regards to how I want things to go.

First of all, another aspect of real life is that salt is and always has been an incredibly important and valuable commodity to humans. Of course on earth you may need to travel hundreds or thousands of kilometers to reach ocean where salt is more abundant so naturally this creates areas that are more and less abundant in salt. In mc however it's rare to travel more than 1 or 2km before reaching ocean which causes the intrinsic value of salt to be extremely low. By only allowing salt mines and not seawater evaporation to provide salt, we are able to keep salt as an extremely valuable and sought after resource. 

Secondly, easy salt makes the food grind even more of a grind. It's no longer a welcome reward but is instead just another part of each players daily grind of trimming decay etc. Scarcity gives value. This is a core part of TFC.

Now after having said all of that, The primary reason why no-one shuts up about wanting easy salt is because other preservation methods are not yet in. Obviously I'm aware of this. You guys should know after two years of this that I often implement stuff that needs other stuff later to make total sense. I promise that after 79, you're not going to care so much about sea water salt.