Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
JRagans

Leather Gloves

59 posts in this topic

Canvas? i was thinking more along the native american system of using furs, and skins. But caves could also service this need i suppose.

caves? spelling fail much?

but yeah i guess furs would work but i was more thinking of like the nomads on the steppes of euraisa

caves? spelling fail much?

but yeah i guess furs would work but i was more thinking of like the nomads on the steppes of euraisa

I suspect it was a typo as opposed to a spelling mistake :)

Both would work but the nomads on the steppes of eurasia used furs at first as they didn't have canvas, as that requires looms, weaving and a cloth industry :)

I suspect it was a typo as opposed to a spelling mistake :)

Both would work but the nomads on the steppes of eurasia used furs at first as they didn't have canvas, as that requires looms, weaving and a cloth industry :)

true true but for simplicity's sake let's just have canvas

What... i meant Caves, as in the holes in rocks, that people used to dwell in, sorry for not being clear.

What... i meant Caves, as in the holes in rocks, that people used to dwell in, sorry for not being clear.

oh so you actually meant to say caves, okay

and nice picture, its only a flesh wound right?

Indeed :) i was tempted to upload my personal avatar made from mlp, but i thought this fit better (as well as my stupid jpg, and pngs not uploading :/ :)

Indeed :) i was tempted to upload my personal avatar made from mlp, but i thought this fit better (as well as my stupid jpg, and pngs not uploading :/ :)

hmm mines apparently a .gif, too bad it only plays on my profile page or whatever it's called

have you ever hit a glowing piece of metal to create steel ? its spraying everywhere, if you are doing it alone or you are a newbie

Hitting and heating are two different things though. To handle something, you need gloves. To hit something, you need more protection (mask, apron, gloves, ...).

I agree with what you said though, for the anvil work, maybe more clothing. But just to handle heating/handling, gloves should suffice.