Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
GismoT

Smart Movement

30 posts in this topic

Since many TFC users also use smart movement, i thought make it more tfc style

1. new items, grappling hook,spurs, rope,ropelocks,shoes,trousers (you are naked after you spawned)etc

these would be used to climb rocks (you could climb 2 maybe 3 meters high to the next platau without tools)

The tools could be used to rech higher places and of course constrouction ( !bridges!, reach ledges for towers

etc.) but also for mining (ravines, caves mountain sides etc)

2. if you swim with your inventory without any special clothing, you will lose temprature and some items, the same for tundra mountains etc

3. fast moving has an impact on temprature and waterbar as well

what do you think

mark new ideas with a coloured hashsign, if they are well liked, i will add them to the list

With all the char changes comming up player api and then smartmoving will be incompatable with tfc. With that in mind I would honestly love to see changes like you are suggesting implemented into tfc. However Dunk also mentioned in another thread where this sort of stuff was mentioned that they don't want to step on the devs of smart movings toes.

I like the idea though.

No thanks. Believe it or not, there are some people that do not want to use that 'minorly cheating' mod.

No thanks. Believe it or not, there are some people that do not want to use that 'minorly cheating' mod.

Firstly, it isn't a cheating mod, minor or otherwise. The fact that you do not like it or use it doesn't make it a cheat. X-ray is a cheat, smart moving not even close.

Secondly, he isn't talking about the sprint forever with no hunger, hes talking about the climbing and integrating it on a fuller scale into tfc like effects on you like getting cold from swimming without protective clothing, or overheating/dehydrating from running around.

With all the char changes comming up player api and then smartmoving will be incompatable with tfc. With that in mind I would honestly love to see changes like you are suggesting implemented into tfc. However Dunk also mentioned in another thread where this sort of stuff was mentioned that they don't want to step on the devs of smart movings toes.

I like the idea though.

thats why i suggested these things, but why would they step on somebodys toes for integrating a similar system ? there would be only one car brand :P

so you are unable to climb 2 meter ledges, interesting

the idea was,since there is the planned posibillity to walk over stones and other stuff normally (no jumpy jumpy)

so why not expand on this, if they consider the mountains, climbing gear would be awesome, also, how are you supposed to build a bridge without climbing gear (ridges ravines etc)

of course has SM its flaws, but the climbing part is well done, just because the effects on hunger, drink,temprature and health is unbalanced does not make it a bad idea nor a semicheat

a cheat is something that gives you an unfair advantage,

i accept that you dont like it,but please explain why it is an unfair advantage

I advocate the addition of smart moving features into TFC. The concept that a 2m tall man is incapable of climbing a 2m ledge is ridiculous.

[...] if they consider the mountains, climbing gear would be awesome, also, how are you supposed to build a bridge without climbing gear (ridges ravines etc)

[...]

you get my like for climbing gear :3 that'd be awesome also BRIDGES:

wait a second there used to be an awesome mod...

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/435515-v173-zipline-mod-sspwipvcc/

they have rope bridges..i love it

you get my like for climbing gear :3 that'd be awesome also BRIDGES:

wait a second there used to be an awesome mod...

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/435515-v173-zipline-mod-sspwipvcc/

they have rope bridges..i love it

this should be the first tier bridge

the next one should be wood -> using the zipline and the bridges as scaffholdings to create a foundation for the wooden beams

3 tier stone,same again under the lowest point of the ridge, make a ropebridge/use a grapplinghook to descend and create the foundation for your bridge

this was my idea as i added bridges to the examples list =)

Sounds totally awesome to me!

Making neat bridges has always been kinda hard...although you can make better stone bridges now with the chisel mechanics...

i actually found out that the mod is available for 1.2.5 as well and will now try it:D

luckily everything in the mod can still be crafted in TFC..even if finding all those spiders will be a pain :/

install nei or any other item cheatprogramm to see if it is actualy working -> the bridge neating

so you dont waste any time on resource gathering

(idea->proof of concept-> apply to ssp or smp)

Wrong version, this one is up to date though

http://www.minecraft...ge__hl__physics

Was this for my post?!

that one is a but different though i think...seems you can attach any block to the ropes to make a bridge...while in the zipline mod you have a bridge entity...

that physics thing looks very....hardware intensive:D

not good for me (><)

anyways:

I tried bridges...and like i suspected the new chisel mechanics make awesome bridges already.

and honestly stone bridges dont really need ropes...so:D

Making wooden bridges and ropebridges would be more interesting

also the zipline mod has this thing with which you can slide down a rope you shot into a wall with an arrow!!

thats really neat as well:D

As for smart movement:

I'd love to CLIMB up and SLIDE down;) up is the hard part...rope's don't really help you there...until you actually make it up to the top once!

You already can Climb, and slide in SM... But i agree i would like to see some parts of it recreated in tfc, since they will no longer be compatible.

and honestly stone bridges dont really need ropes...so:D

Making wooden bridges and ropebridges would be more interesting

i meant the rope bridge as a scaffholding for you to stay on so you can actually build the bridge the "normal" way

OOOH:D i didnt see that:D

haha yes..well that's really useful!! as construction platforms made of dirt are not working in this mod!!:)

Which upcoming character changes are we talking about here?

I support the idea, but there's no reason for it (yet).

I think we're implementing our own form of SM eventually, but the whole point of SM was that real people can do these sorts of things without special equipment. We're not rock climbing, only hoisting our selves up a ledge.

I think we're implementing our own form of SM eventually, but the whole point of SM was that real people can do these sorts of things without special equipment. We're not rock climbing, only hoisting our selves up a ledge.

I entirely concur.

That said, adding rock climbing would not only be boss, but totally make sense considering how many mountains, ravines, and rocky crevasses we traverse on a daily basis

I entirely concur.

That said, adding rock climbing would not only be boss, but totally make sense considering how many mountains, ravines, and rocky crevasses we traverse on a daily basis

I think this would be a great time to bring back the hand holds thread that mentioned putting little hand/foot holds into stone surfaces to make them climbable :)

so no ropebridges/ziplines/graplinghools,spuriron =(

meh it was worth a try

so no ropebridges/ziplines/graplinghools,spuriron =(

meh it was worth a try

I would like to see rope in general and from that things that can benefit from its use (actual rafts made of rope and logs would be neat). The ability to anchor a rope and climb up and down it.. I am not too sure about zipline simply because that is above and beyond the mechanics in the game already but it may not be that hard (I am very much a bang for your buck sort of person, especially when it comes to Java). As for bridges I would love them.. but if they are like the ones in the video posted then hell no :) Give me something with a bit of sway, not poorly implemented physics (The reactions you see in that video are what happen when you treat ropes and such like springs with too much stretchiniess but wrote the code in a manner where it reacts very poorly to very taught springs :))

I would like to see rope in general and from that things that can benefit from its use (actual rafts made of rope and logs would be neat). The ability to anchor a rope and climb up and down it.. I am not too sure about zipline simply because that is above and beyond the mechanics in the game already but it may not be that hard (I am very much a bang for your buck sort of person, especially when it comes to Java). As for bridges I would love them.. but if they are like the ones in the video posted then hell no :) Give me something with a bit of sway, not poorly implemented physics (The reactions you see in that video are what happen when you treat ropes and such like springs with too much stretchiniess but wrote the code in a manner where it reacts very poorly to very taught springs :))

I think rope is actually featured in the textures file, so I believe that will indeed be a thing.

I'm wondering how that would work though - is this gonna be a runescape kinda deal where you just right click a 'rope-able' item and the rope is placed/used/whatever automatically?

I think rope is actually featured in the textures file, so I believe that will indeed be a thing.

I'm wondering how that would work though - is this gonna be a runescape kinda deal where you just right click a 'rope-able' item and the rope is placed/used/whatever automatically?

No idea, BTW just made anchors that could be placed then rope attached to on one end.