Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
kazim57

Huge Mountains

75 posts in this topic

Also this, just because.

Posted Image

I love this terrain map, its called Crater Lake, here's the PMC link.

http://www.planetmin...ct/crater-lake/

Also, voxel makes their plug-ins available as a bukkit plug-in, so anyone on a bukkit server can use them. You don't have to be on the Voxel Box Server to make awesome things like this. :)

I love this terrain map, its called Crater Lake, here's the PMC link.

http://www.planetmin...ct/crater-lake/

Also, voxel makes their plug-ins available as a bukkit plug-in, so anyone on a bukkit server can use them. You don't have to be on the Voxel Box Server to make awesome things like this. :)

I want places like this generate in TFC. Impossible, I know :(

Also this, just because.

-Pretty Picture-

I'm not allowed to like anything right now.

but if I could

I would this.

I'v used the voxelsniper tools before yes, but I'm uncertain how it would take to useing TFC blocks and stone layers instead of vanilla for terrain generation.

That said I'v never tryed it, so there you go.

video trying to nit-pick what I said :/

when I say Voxel, I mean the Voxel Box, as in the very well known minecraft server that also makes the plugin Voxel Sniper, a plugin often used in terraforming things like the picture ThinkTank posted.

Also, the program you mentioned is called WorldPainter, it is more often used in very large scale terraforming outside of the game, whereas Voxel Sniper is used in smaller scale projects in-game. Both are great, but I love Voxel Sniper to death.

I'v used the voxelsniper tools before yes, but I'm uncertain how it would take to useing TFC blocks and stone layers instead of vanilla for terrain generation.

That said I'v never tryed it, so there you go.

Sadly, because TFC is not compatible with Bukkit, you cannot use Voxel Sniper with TFC. T_T

Or any other plug-in that isn't developed to work with forge, and those are really mods. So yeah, Voxel Sniper is exclusively available as a bukkit plugin. I actually run my own personal server dedicated to Voxel Sniper/World Edit, just so I can use these plugins to make terrain for my builds.

(If you haven't noticed, I'm somewhat of a Minecraft terraforming and terrain aficionado :P )

what if simply change the mob and player sizes ?

with that the world would appear much bigger

:huh:

Really? I mean... REALLY?? Hey, Gulliver, you can't pee on creepers!

:huh:

Really? I mean... REALLY?? Hey, Gulliver, you can't pee on creepers!

You must be a little-ender. We big-enders have a more open mind to other people's brain-washings. [Wait I just realized the king was an idiot for cutting his thumb on the little-end. Does this mean I'm a little-ender now?]

No, just... no.

You must be a little-ender. We big-enders have a more open mind to other people's brain-washings. [Wait I just realized the king was an idiot for cutting his thumb on the little-end. Does this mean I'm a little-ender now?]

On the large end, right?

So you find the Gulliver mod entertaining?

'cause i don't. And the same happens to a lot of players... Just no.

it was just an idea to solve the heigth problem

no hate :P

it was just an idea to solve the heigth problem

no hate :P

Oh. Ok.

*Looks at the signature.*

Karma attacks you even for minimal jokes :3

Also this, just because.

Posted Image

AWESOME!!!!

With Bioxx talking about terrain generation, thought I'd bump this up to the top for a while.

AWESOME!!!!

Uggh. There is a blue button in the right that says "Like This" click that instead of making useless posts like this. (I know it is a late reply, but I had forgotten all about this topic. That and no one else told you)

With Bioxx talking about terrain generation, thought I'd bump this up to the top for a while.

Good point.

Where is he talking about terrain generation?!!? I need to see this, terrain gen is one of my favorite things. :P

(As i have stated before, I love a good mountain or any sort of interesting, believable terrain. Minecraft's sad excuse for mountains don't count, they can look kinda cool sometimes, but mostly (as in 99.999999% of the time) they suck.)

Where is he talking about terrain generation?!!? I need to see this, terrain gen is one of my favorite things. :P

Main website page :P

(As i have stated before, I love a good mountain or any sort of interesting, believable terrain. Minecraft's sad excuse for mountains don't count, they can look kinda cool sometimes, but mostly (as in 99.999999% of the time) they suck.)

In the front of the main website (home page) page on his *blog* http://terrafirmacra...ain-generation/

And 100% agreed. VMC's mountains aren't mountains. They are simply hills. and SOMETIMES they are even worse...big freaking ugly cliffs that have no real variation, just piles of stone and dirt in an upwards formation.

EDIT: Darn, Jed was a ninja.

Posted Image

The map height was generaly a bugbear on this one, but could be partialy solved by increasing the size of extreme mountain areas and evening out the slope upward across miles, with vertical 'no dirt' stone cliffs toward the end when the blocks reach a certain z level, and snow blocks when it reachs the final z level.

While still small, and still a bit odd when put next to the larger 4 block trees of TFC, it does offer somthing which doesnt involve trying to 'fix' minecraft worlds height limits.

Just read it, while I like most of what he said, there was no signs of any upcoming changes to make mountains better. :(

Actually, is anyone even sure if mountains as would be ideal (peaked with possible snow caps, with ridges and multiple peaks, some kind of foot hills, glaciers and mountain springs that generate better looking rivers and waterfalls, and just all around how they are in the real world just... made of blocks. Essentially what ThinkTank just quoted.) could be randomly generated in minecraft without a ridiculous amount of effort? Because, while actual mountains and mountain ranges would be so amazing I could not have a single want ever again, I don't want to ask for something that is impossible or requires too much effort. I don't generally like asking for things in the first place, so I don't want to be asking for something insane...

(also, ThinkTank, do you know where that picture you just quoted came from? I'd love to find that custom map if it exists! :))

nope, was just a tumblr image hanging around. I'd ask the voxelbox team, the big crater map was one of theirs, and I'v made similar useing the voxelsniper tools.

That crater map (actually called Crater Lake) isn't from the VoxelBox team, I actually found that on PlanetMinecraft a while ago (before it was posted here), posted by a user called Sir_Beret. He had other submissions as well that were of decent quality, so I don't think it was a case of him copying the VoxelBox's work.

In any case, I'll look around for it, I could use my daily fix of awesome minecraft terrain right about now anyways. :P