Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Theruinsage

Quarries

10 posts in this topic

In the real world it's possible to refine gold and other metals from bare rock. Gold is so precious that people are grinding up granite for it. A system could be implemented, so that rock could yield a very small amount of ore if processed (which would be an expensive affair). This would make strip mining a more viable option, when digging for the rarer types of metal.

i read somewhere that tfc wont advance any further as the 17th century, so i dont think this is happening -> technological too advanced

well... even since before the 17th century people had hammers... stones... and managed to beat the stones with hammers... :P

just saying even though your first idea as to how it works might need some kind of technological innovation, you can just use some kind of advanced windmill

the first types were used since the 1th century if memory serves me right but i'm not that sure, think some greek one invented something windmill like

but instead of using a massive stone to grind up grains to make flour you could just combine it with let's say... 4 metal plates, drawback being that it'd be very slow etc.

anyways i suppose that it's a bit obsolete since we already have sluices, i'd like sluices to be a bit more productive though so this might have a lot more chance to contain ores but take a crapload of time to gather enough to make an ingot?

well... even since before the 17th century people had hammers... stones... and managed to beat the stones with hammers... :P

just saying even though your first idea as to how it works might need some kind of technological innovation, you can just use some kind of advanced windmill

the first types were used since the 1th century if memory serves me right but i'm not that sure, think some greek one invented something windmill like

but instead of using a massive stone to grind up grains to make flour you could just combine it with let's say... 4 metal plates, drawback being that it'd be very slow etc.

anyways i suppose that it's a bit obsolete since we already have sluices, i'd like sluices to be a bit more productive though so this might have a lot more chance to contain ores but take a crapload of time to gather enough to make an ingot?

this is already used in the bloomery (no diffrence if you mill it or hammer it)

already suggested, no

why are you always so rude dude, even for internez standards

he took the time to write it, you could as well be a little nicer to him

he took the time to write it, you could as well be a little nicer to him

I agree with estaban, there is a post that everyone should read that tells you to USE THE SEARCH BAR! The original posters took the time to, and we take the time to look at it, the posters could have the decency to check if it was done before, so as not to waste time/necro uneededly. /rantover

and again a list with denied sugg would be awesome

:P

and again a list with denied sugg would be awesome

:P

Agreed we need a sticky post that we can turn to for DENIED ideas. I hate wasting hours on end just to find out it has already been denied. Yes the search feature is great but it takes time to read the entire thread to see if it's been denied yet.

I agree with estaban, there is a post that everyone should read that tells you to USE THE SEARCH BAR! The original posters took the time to, and we take the time to look at it, the posters could have the decency to check if it was done before, so as not to waste time/necro uneededly. /rantover

Having used the search bar, i haven't found any topic on this. The method of using bare rock to get ore might have a specific name, but as i don't know it, i really have no way to search for it. It's easy to just scream "its been said before, read the rules and use the search bar" but unless you happen to phrase yourself in the same way as the previous guy who suggested something akin to your idea, you really have next to no chance of finding it.

I believe it's been called "milling"