Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joey

The Craft.

142 posts in this topic

Actually it's not unconstitutional.

"Certain of the above rights are restricted, or "disabled", for minors, but the definition of who is a minor and the extent to which each of these rights are disabled for minors, is limited to the jurisdiction over which each government has general legislative authority, which for the U.S. government, is "federal ground" (see below). Minors are the only class of persons whose rights may be disabled without a need to justify the disablement as arising from the need to resolve a conflict with the rights of others, either through statute or due process. The disablement consists of the assignment of a power to supervise the exercise of the rights under the headings of "liberty" and "property" listed above to a guardian, by default the parents, who acts as agent of the State for the purpose of nurturing the minor. The disability is normally removed by statute providing for removal when a certain age, such as 18, or condition, such as marriage, is attained. The disabilities of minority can also be removed earlier by court order or, if statute allows, extended beyond the usual statutory expiration by court order in cases of incompetence. The right to vote is not included among the disabilities of minority, but is defined separately by law, so that removal of the disabilities of minority does not in itself affect having the right to vote."

- www.constitution.gov/powright.htm

Basically, the federal government can suspend the rights of minors as they see fit. Since standardized education only applies up until 12th grade in the US, by which point the majority of students are 17, this is entirely within constitutional bounds

I don't think it's unconstitutional I just think its stupid. By standardizing education and reducing the variety and acceptance if students in our society it's a slippery slope to the lowest common denominator and Fahrenheit 451.

I don't think it's unconstitutional I just think its stupid. By standardizing education and reducing the variety and acceptance if students in our society it's a slippery slope to the lowest common denominator and Fahrenheit 451.

The thing is though, it's like socialized healthcare - low-tier service is made available and even mandatory for everyone, but the private sector is still strong because people that have the money will always be willing to shell it out for higher quality.

Private schools are still a thing, you know. I'd rather have stupid kids go to public school and become average kids while smart kids go to private schools and become nobel laureates, than STILL have the smart kids go to private school but now there's no standardized education so the stupid kids sit around and do nothing until life kicks them in the ass and they spend the rest of their lives greeting fat people in a door at walmart and thinking everything is the fault of the people trying to help them - you know, like a good number of grown fucking adults in this country do anyway.

Snip

Slow Clap

Slow Clap

god i imagined some evil villain sitting in one of those enormous chairs with his back turned, as like James Bond or someone comes into his secret lair

god i imagined some evil villain sitting in one of those enormous chairs with his back turned, as like James Bond or someone comes into his secret lair

No Mr. Noodles, I expect you to die!

No Mr. Noodles, I expect you to die!

Nod of approval

On a side note... How the hell, did this get from wood work, to james bond, and standards of education?

Nod of approval

On a side note... How the hell, did this get from wood work, to james bond, and standards of education?

the magic of the internet Scooter...

The thing is though, it's like socialized healthcare - low-tier service is made available and even mandatory for everyone, but the private sector is still strong because people that have the money will always be willing to shell it out for higher quality.

Private schools are still a thing, you know. I'd rather have stupid kids go to public school and become average kids while smart kids go to private schools and become nobel laureates, than STILL have the smart kids go to private school but now there's no standardized education so the stupid kids sit around and do nothing until life kicks them in the ass and they spend the rest of their lives greeting fat people in a door at walmart and thinking everything is the fault of the people trying to help them - you know, like a good number of grown fucking adults in this country do anyway.

Yep, I feel that it actually works over here. Sometimes people criticize the system because they say it is unfair, but I am not so sure.

'The Craft' sounds incredibly pretentious.

"Hey man, are you going to go to the party tonight?" "Nah, dude. I'm gonna play 'The Craft'" "Isn't that just what you call minecraft" "... yes" "HAH, nerd." then he punches you in the stomach and steals your hat.

"Hey man, are you going to go to the party tonight?" "Nah, dude. I'm gonna play 'The Craft'" "Isn't that just what you call minecraft" "... yes" "HAH, nerd." then he punches you in the stomach and steals your hat.

The dude isn't even in fucking highschool. We expect that kind of crap from him - it's not pretentious, it's just childish and stupid.

Since I don't know your age I'm going to assume that you, like many on the forum, are an adult. Act like it.

We've already called the kid out on this and had our fun, and it's obvious to anyone reading the thread - rehashing the matter is unnecessary and just as juvenile

-Legal Wahooie-

And this is why those who think childhood was an idyllic time are completely insane. Or just forgetful.

I can't make one simple little joke and not be fucking attacked for it? Jeez, why do I even bother writing anything on the forums anyways... (btw, we say it in a joking manner, to make something regarded as "nerdy" by some sound much cooler than it actually is)

The dude isn't even in fucking highschool. We expect that kind of crap from him - it's not pretentious, it's just childish and stupid.

Since I don't know your age I'm going to assume that you, like many on the forum, are an adult. Act like it.

We've already called the kid out on this and had our fun, and it's obvious to anyone reading the thread - rehashing the matter is unnecessary and just as juvenile

umm... thanks.

I can't make one simple little joke and not be fucking attacked for it? Jeez, why do I even bother writing anything on the forums anyways... (btw, we say it in a joking manner, to make something regarded as "nerdy" by some sound much cooler than it actually is)

...but minecraft is already cool - just because it doesn't plop you in the middle of a war zone and demand that you end X number of promising young lives to continue on, doesn't make it 'nerdy'.

Minecraft is the ultimate sandbox. You can create anything you can possibly imagine. Someone actually used this game to create Saint Paul's Cathedral - that's not nerdy, that's fucking badass. Hell, plenty of real-life architects play this game as a way to get inspiration.

You don't have to be so ashamed of playing this that you feel you have to name it something 'cooler' (which, by the way, "The Craft" is not. The Craft is the name of a really shitty movie about some witches, and it would probably be worse on you if anyone connected you to it).

...but minecraft is already cool - just because it doesn't plop you in the middle of a war zone and demand that you end X number of promising young lives to continue on, doesn't make it 'nerdy'.

Minecraft is the ultimate sandbox. You can create anything you can possibly imagine. Someone actually used this game to create Saint Paul's Cathedral - that's not nerdy, that's fucking badass. Hell, plenty of real-life architects play this game as a way to get inspiration.

You don't have to be so ashamed of playing this that you feel you have to name it something 'cooler' (which, by the way, "The Craft" is not. The Craft is the name of a really shitty movie about some witches, and it would probably be worse on you if anyone connected you to it).

heck i remember i used to play with legos as a kid, then they started getting way to expensive, now minecraft is kinda like legos that i dont have to pay $25 for a tiny little set

And this is why those who think childhood was an idyllic time are completely insane. Or just forgetful.

I disagree man :P

I know hundreds of people will have said the same thing (and it depends on your definition of childhood too) but I think the years I just went through will probably be some of the best of my life. Case and point:

I spent most of my first year of uni really really ermmm .. sober ¬.¬

I spent most of my second year of uni in bed :P

I still managed an average 62% mark despite my poor attendance (I will be in a lot more this year, I swear ! :P)

Fifth year of school (school at age 16) was annoying, but only because I was getting detentions and punishment exercises just for growing a beard and having long hair. The other parts were awesome :P

Honestly, I'd say the years between 16 - 25 and 12 - 14 are the best days in life :P 12 - 14 because you don't suffer from the supreme melodrama of teenage life and can enjoy simplicity and 16 - 25 because you can get laid and not worry about your parents (at least over here anyway) drink (again, in the UK) and generally party it up with your gratuitous free time.

By the time you hit 25+ you're usually in a real job, working sometimes as much as 8 - 6 regularly, your body slowly begins to deteriorate and you begin to accrue serious responsibility. Your parents get old and you start to worry about them and if you think you are powerless as a kid and that adulthood will liberate you, rest assured that the majority of adults are even less free and even more powerless, stuck in jobs they hate with wives/husbands who don't look after themselves anymore. Not all that great afterall :P

Yeah, adulthood isn't easy. I was only saying that childhood isn't entirely just a walk in the park.

And I wouldn't deny that these years are great, either.

In my humble opinion, thread is terribly derailed.

I like the idea of advanced crafting, but, you know, I dislike the OP's intent to implement carpentry as a minigame.

To make a good handles one need

I also vote againist lesser duration for items on bad handles. When the handle wears off, item should return a tool head.

Hmm, does the warhead itself needs to be worn off to zero? It becomes broken/unusable long before. Dunk, if you ever come to idea to make instruments moar interesting, make two regress bars - metal mass and useability.

If it possible - I saw the code once, and I presume it is wery difficult to implement: if I am not lying, the tool state is other representation of stack.

In my humble opinion, thread is terribly derailed.

you must be new here...

this happens to just about every thread worth reading

69th post! No one comment anymore. Lock this thread.

I hate 69 jokes.

I hate 69 jokes.

Only because you're never in them ;D

Funny thing is, the only reason the drinking age is 21 in the US is because the federal government bullied the states into changing their drinking ages with highway funds. By the way? I think it's reallly damned stupid. Alcohol is readily available on most college campuses, even to those under 21. I'm sure those of you in college can back me up on this.

Funny thing is, the only reason the drinking age is 21

You know, up until age 28 or later, the brain hasn't even finished development, and consumption of drugs, or alcohol in that time, does staggeringly more damage than if done after development, so don't say that it's just politics, it really should be later, because of how stupid the general populace is, when it comes to these things.

... Does a single glass of beer damage the brain? ._.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0