Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joey

The Craft.

142 posts in this topic

Not unless you have a body mass of like 35 kg, but tell me, does 2 parties a week, consuming 1/2 a Liter each time damage the brain? yes, very much so, many people completely lack self control and intelligence, and require laws, otherwise they drink their brains out.

People already drink their brains out.

Just because a law is in place doesn't mean people will follow it.

People already drink their brains out.

Just because a law is in place doesn't mean people will follow it.

That's why jails exist

That's why jails exist

If jails are such great punishment, why dafuq do teens keep drinking underage? Why do adults keep doing drugs?

It's just not effective.

because they don't think anyone will actually know they are doing that and report it to the authorities. and most of the times, they are right.

EDIT: besides, the consumption of drugs isn't ilegal per se, having those drugs, selling those drugs or buying those drugs, however...

You cannot really argue the efficacy of the punishment, without a comparison, if we took out the punishment, then there would probably be more people drinking, more violence etc.

Not unless you have a body mass of like 35 kg, but tell me, does 2 parties a week, consuming 1/2 a Liter each time damage the brain? yes, very much so, many people completely lack self control and intelligence, and require laws, otherwise they drink their brains out.

Posted Image

Sigh... i'm out, some people just don't see how limiting availibility REDUCES usage, not eliminates it. It's a good thing that people don't have access to full auto guns (legally) otherwise, there would be many more homicides with assault rifles.

You know, up until age 28 or later, the brain hasn't even finished development, and consumption of drugs, or alcohol in that time, does staggeringly more damage than if done after development, so don't say that it's just politics, it really should be later, because of how stupid the general populace is, when it comes to these things.

I dunno, I'm from the UK (as you know :P) and my parents allowing me to drink from a relatively young age (15 or so), really made it pretty boring to me :P I know a lot of people who drink until they can't even walk. The only thing they all have in common is that their parents wouldn't let them drink and as a result it is all "new and cool" to them.

Admittedly, my boredom with alcohol didn't stop me drinking until I had to stop, but I never did it because it was new and cool, I just liked being drunk and it took me so much to get there that it was damaging my body :S

I agree, some people need to be told what they can and can't do, but I feel like strict rules can harm as many people as they protect sometimes by driving people to extremes (e.g. Drinking TONNES when they are eventually allowed and brewing their own spirits, which is very dangerous for the amateur). But I definitely agree with the general sentiment that restricting availability decreases usage.

i say we remove warning labels and let natural selection do the rest

Lol, say goodbye to the democratic party then XD

Lol, say goodbye to the democratic party then XD

Ah hem !

Danny, shame on you ! Party politics on a forum :P

Ah hem !

Danny, shame on you ! Party politics on a forum :P

how about you guys listen to what the first president of your country said and dont have political parties in the first place?

-yep i know a little American history-

i say we remove warning labels and let natural selection do the rest

I'm completely 100% in support of this.

If you're stupid enough to drink bleach you deserve what happens. (i'm not talking about kids, assume adulthood)

how about you guys listen to what the first president of your country said and dont have political parties in the first place?

It was a good sentiment, but as soon as you've got an issue to fight over, ppl start forming groups, theres almost no way to prevent parties from forming.

Sigh... i'm out, some people just don't see how limiting availibility REDUCES usage, not eliminates it. It's a good thing that people don't have access to full auto guns (legally) otherwise, there would be many more homicides with assault rifles.

Forbidden Fruit is more tempting than almost anything else in the world.

Limiting access to a product really doesn't reduse usage at all. *cough*PROHIBITION*coughcough*. It only makes the product more tempting and profitable.

You can't buy crack at the drugstore, so that man on the street can charge you whatever he wants for it-after all, where else are you going to get it?

With the current voting system, it is impossible to have anything but a two party system, we need something like the alternative vote.

Were you talking to me ?

Because I'm Scottish, and I live in Scotland :P

Forbidden Fruit is more tempting than almost anything else in the world.

Limiting access to a product really doesn't reduse usage at all. *cough*PROHIBITION*coughcough*. It only makes the product more tempting and profitable.

You can't buy crack at the drugstore, so that man on the street can charge you whatever he wants for it-after all, where else are you going to get it?

There's a difference between restricted access and total prohibition. Just saying ....

It was a good sentiment, but as soon as you've got an issue to fight over, ppl start forming groups, theres almost no way to prevent parties from forming.

just dont make them official things, people can have their groups, but dont let them interfere with decision making, thats why you guys never get anything done in America, you're too busy arguing

and Jed, no i was talking to America in general

There's a difference between restricted access and total prohibition. Just saying ....

Total prohibition of drugs IS what we have in the united states*.

And it's prohibited to drink teh booze until you're 21.

But how's that working out for us? Last I checked, underage drinking and drugs were still a thing.

*Except for medicinal purposes in, like, 4 states.

Total prohibition of drugs IS what we have in the united states*.

And it's prohibited to drink teh booze until you're 21.

But how's that working out for us? Last I checked, underage drinking and drugs were still a thing.

*Except for medicinal purposes in, like, 4 states.

It has reduced usage in the relevant groups.

People will always break the law, but I guarantee that more 18 y/o's drink over here than they do in the US because it is legal for them to do so.

The failure of a regulation to prevent the action in question is not a good basis for it's abolition because it isn't meant to prevent, only to discourage.

I bet you there are a good many people who have been scared away from a doobie on the basis it is illegal (whether I think it should be or not is a separate discussion entirely).

Man, if Marijuana was legal, i would be all over it and LSD.

Man, if Marijuana was legal, i would be all over it and LSD.

Oooh LSD is one I will always avoid :P

I have tried hallucinogenics before and I came to a conclusion:

They are a fantastic and wonderful drug, if you don't overthink things.

As I am a person who overthinks everything, I spent the next 3 days wondering if I was truly sober yet. I also gained some uncomfortable insights into my mind.

It was ... Interesting :P I advocate people try them once in their life, so they can say they really know :P

Also, you will never criticize other people for acting up on them ever again. Everything that happens is so ... Real :S

I had an experience kind of like that with a walking dream, it pissed me off that i didn't know what was real.

I had an experience kind of like that with a walking dream, it pissed me off that i didn't know what was real.

Yeah, it is an unpleasant experience :P

As bizarre as this sounds, once you do something like that you (or at least I) actually stop caring as much about if things are "real" or not :P

It really made me realize how subjective everything I observed was. Ultimately, I came to the conclusion that if I spend my life trying to establish what is real and what isn't, I will merely tarnish everything about my life, so I accept most things at face value regarding reality if there is only minor ambiguity.

As a result, people are now far more sincere :P

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0