Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joey

The Craft.

142 posts in this topic

He said THREE DIMENSIONAL. Not a simple 2-d picture on a GUI.

-facepalm-

He said THREE DIMENSIONAL. Not a simple 2-d picture on a GUI.

no, noodles is right, not going to happen.

A 2-D version or that wouldn't be nearly so hard.

What's knapping, after all?

That said, the system we have now is pretty frickin awesome as is.Edit: nvm, dunk gave it the no-go.

A 2-D version or that wouldn't be nearly so hard.

What's knapping, after all?

That said, the system we have now is pretty frickin awesome as is.

oh god. Don't even mention knapping and smithing in the same sentence. I'm referring to a lump of metal that would maintain it's volume as you worked it. It certainly wouldn't work for 2D. Knapping is essentially drawing tools with 25 pixels.

Wow, brain fart. I wasn't thinking about that clearly.

Yeah, I guess 2D wouldn't work. But a graphic of any sort could be nice...

-snip-

I had that very idea about the 3D shapable metal last night, but quickly realized it wasn't viable for TFC. I also had an idea about wood carving in 3D with material removal, the quality of the item would be dictated by it's similarity to a predefined shape :P

I feel like I have some really creative ideas for a more resource intensive TFC like game, but then again everyone feels their ideas are creative and good :P

Couldn't it be set as a faux system dunk? there would be pre-programmed directions for the metals, and by doing certain actions to them, the damage values would change, and would be set as a code representing stat levels, such as tensile strength, dimensions, how much it's been worked etc. I realize this is a stretch, but i really want to see your envisionment of organic (customizibility, and coding) smithing.

Couldn't it be set as a faux system dunk? there would be pre-programmed directions for the metals, and by doing certain actions to them, the damage values would change, and would be set as a code representing stat levels, such as tensile strength, dimensions, how much it's been worked etc. I realize this is a stretch, but i really want to see your envisionment of organic (customizibility, and coding) smithing.

College is starting soon, so I'm going to have much less time as it is :(

College is starting soon, so I'm going to have much less time as it is :(

Wow, college started like 2 or 3 weeks ago here in Florida. Will you even be out by christmas?

Wow, college started like 2 or 3 weeks ago here in Florida. Will you even be out by christmas?

I think we get out beginning of December? But I don't think we get nearly as many vacations. Do you get any at thanksgiving or something?

I think we get out beginning of December? But I don't think we get nearly as many vacations. Do you get any at thanksgiving or something?

I still haven't gone back (and don't until the 21'st September :P). I also get long ass holidays :D

Wow you guys are so lucky, I started the 3rd grade a week ago.

Wow you guys are so lucky, I started the 3rd grade a week ago.

not sure if trolling or actually 9 years old...

not sure if trolling or actually 9 years old...

Well from what he said before, he actually started 8th grade last week, and this is a very poor troll attempt

Well from what he said before, he actually started 8th grade last week, and this is a very poor troll attempt

wait wha?

-looks at earlier posts-

mm yeah agree'd

Startin' on Tuesday.

Started Engineering at University monday, Bleh, tonnes of homework await :(

Started Engineering at University monday, Bleh, tonnes of homework await :(

nyeh i start school wednesday, fun

Starting (REDACTED)th grade this Tuesday.

I plan to go, but has it occurred to anybody else that standardized education is unconstitutional?

Starting (REDACTED)th grade this Tuesday.

I plan to go, but has it occurred to anybody else that standardized education is unconstitutional?

ummmmmmmmmm.....

so you WANT our population to become even MORE stupid than it already is?

Yeah we get a pretty good amount of vacations starting with this beautiful 3 day weekend. We get out 1st week of December too though.

No, I don't want a stupid country. It's just one of the oddities of the American legal system that we can't live without.

No, I don't want a stupid country. It's just one of the oddities of the American legal system that we can't live without.

i dont exactly get what you mean there

Actually it's not unconstitutional.

"Certain of the above rights are restricted, or "disabled", for minors, but the definition of who is a minor and the extent to which each of these rights are disabled for minors, is limited to the jurisdiction over which each government has general legislative authority, which for the U.S. government, is "federal ground" (see below). Minors are the only class of persons whose rights may be disabled without a need to justify the disablement as arising from the need to resolve a conflict with the rights of others, either through statute or due process. The disablement consists of the assignment of a power to supervise the exercise of the rights under the headings of "liberty" and "property" listed above to a guardian, by default the parents, who acts as agent of the State for the purpose of nurturing the minor. The disability is normally removed by statute providing for removal when a certain age, such as 18, or condition, such as marriage, is attained. The disabilities of minority can also be removed earlier by court order or, if statute allows, extended beyond the usual statutory expiration by court order in cases of incompetence. The right to vote is not included among the disabilities of minority, but is defined separately by law, so that removal of the disabilities of minority does not in itself affect having the right to vote."

- www.constitution.gov/powright.htm

Basically, the federal government can suspend the rights of minors as they see fit. Since standardized education only applies up until 12th grade in the US, by which point the majority of students are 17, this is entirely within constitutional bounds

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0