Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Bluehornet2297

Natural disasters

58 posts in this topic

I like this a lot. Also with strength and weight we could integrate something like the simple physics mod where all blocks are affected by gravity to different degrees.

I do really like these ideas guys! Thanks for mentioning sandstorms, that should be another one of the disasters. Another idea is that as well as the game randomly deciding on a certain event, the game should pick a certain "tier" or "level" of the specific event. Such as the F1-F5 scale on tornados, or the 1-12 scale for earthquakes. Say every time the game decides that a disaster could occur the more devestating events could have a lower probablilty of happening. Lets suppose the game chose a tornado. Then after the game picks the tornado, it selects an F1 tornado to an F5 tornado, with the F5 being allot more destructive, but has a much smaller probability of happening then an F1, which would be less destructive. Out of all the tornados that occur, the F1 would be more common then the F5. The same system should go with the hurricanes and earthquakes, as they have similiar "scales."

Simple physics mod.... NOPE NOPE NOPE

I get only like 70 frames per second already, i do not need something that would slow the game down further :(

Simple physics mod.... NOPE NOPE NOPE

only like 70 frames per second

Are you running this on the NASA supercomputers? I call 60 phenomenal fps and you say 70 is bad???

pssh, nasa computer? this rig was only like 1K and also, install optifine, i CAN get about 200 depending where i am, and whether i am on SSP or SMP.

pssh, nasa computer? this rig was only like 1K and also, install optifine, i CAN get about 200 depending where i am, and whether i am on SSP or SMP.

I hate you

and you do realize the eye can only register 60 right?

Technically... no, the eye does not work with frames which are snap shots, the eye processes constant information like a stream. There are noticeable changes in how 60 looks, and 220. However, FPS and Latency are two very different things, and you can have a large framerate, with stuttering, which can feel like low fps, so generally, having high fps is synonymous with high amounts of smoothness.

Correct, However, a good buffer is nice to have, because if your framerate suddenly takes a hit from your antivirus deciding to suddenly do a high-priority scan or something, having high fps means going from 200 to 60, rather than from 60 to 2.

Also, on a tangentially related note, unless you're sitting VERY close to your HD set, you're wasting money. The dpi (dots per inch) resolution of the human eye changes based on how close you are to the viewed object, increasing when you're closer and decreasing when you back off. At 10 inches away, converting into pixels leaves your eye with 343p resolution - far less than the 1080 you spend 3 grand for. At one inch, you can see over 3200p, so the ideal viewing distance is probably around 7 inches off. Good luck seeing the whole screen.

And sitting 5-8 feet back like you are right now? You tossed your money down the drain when you bought that thing.

Technically... no, the eye does not work with frames which are snap shots, the eye processes constant information like a stream. There are noticeable changes in how 60 looks, and 220. However, FPS and Latency are two very different things, and you can have a large framerate, with stuttering, which can feel like low fps, so generally, having high fps is synonymous with high amounts of smoothness.

Well, not entirely. While it is true that your eyes themselves put out a constant stream of info, there are limitations. The lesser of these is the speed at which the action potentials can fire down your optic nerves, but the big boy is the fact that your brain can't process visual information fast enough to make out the differences between 'frames' at higher than around 60 fps

Correct, However, a good buffer is nice to have, because if your framerate suddenly takes a hit from your antivirus deciding to suddenly do a high-priority scan or something, having high fps means going from 200 to 60, rather than from 60 to 2.

Also, on a tangentially related note, unless you're sitting VERY close to your HD set, you're wasting money. The dpi (dots per inch) resolution of the human eye changes based on how close you are to the viewed object, increasing when you're closer and decreasing when you back off. At 10 inches away, converting into pixels leaves your eye with 343p resolution - far less than the 1080 you spend 3 grand for. At one inch, you can see over 3200p, so the ideal viewing distance is probably around 7 inches off. Good luck seeing the whole screen.

And sitting 5-8 feet back like you are right now? You tossed your money down the drain when you bought that thing.

eh im only about a foot and a half away from my monitor, but then again, i sit really weirdly, so i end up closer than normal to the screen

Well as for a natural disaster, here's a tornado from within Tropicraft (maybe taken from another), which just looks cool.

Though Dunk did say this :(

almost definitely true. No tornadoes. They are as much a shit storm for your computer as they are a wind storm for you.

People always say that, but there is just a bit of a subtle difference when I look at, say, 200 FPS vs. 60.

I'm guessing one of 3 reasons:

If you're at 200 FPS, the little variances in the speed won't be noticeable because they don't pull you down past 60 FPS.

or

Placebo (This asshat of a psychological principle really messes up the human existance)

or

You're wrong.

EDIT: Coppa miner in the house!

EDIT: Coppa miner in the house!

Oh, yeah?

Posted Image

(if you still don't get it, look at my title :)

Oh, yeah?

Posted Image

(if you still don't get it, look at my title :)

>9gag

kill yourself

FYI for those who think seventy FPS sucks, I get fucking 15 on tiny. And if I didn't get so many god dam lag spikes, I wouldn't even mind it. I would kill to get 30 FPS on normal render and fancy graphics, so next time you think you got it rough, think again.

And no i don't have enough money for a new computer.

FYI for those who think seventy FPS sucks, I get fucking 15 on tiny. And if I didn't get so many god dam lag spikes, I wouldn't even mind it. I would kill to get 30 FPS on normal render and fancy graphics, so next time you think you got it rough, think again.

And no i don't have enough money for a new computer.

you do know theres this thing called optifine, which sadly is probably not going to be compatable soon -epic sadface-

you do know theres this thing called optifine, which sadly is probably not going to be compatable soon -epic sadface-

Hah, if it wasn't for optifine TFC would Look like a slide show. If optifine goes I won't be able to play TFC anymore, I'll just never be able to update.

FMCSITM (Fuck My Current Situation In This Matter, fuck my life is way to pessimistic, I like my life)

Ha, I got 8 gigs of ram up in here! TFCraft isn't very bad compared to what I used to do to minecraft, with all of that TNT. I got bored with survival, way too easy. Hence, I found this and will never, ever, for the life of me, turn back.

Natural Disasters... Lurk Moar?

Also, Bluehornet you don't seem to understand everything you've said so far has been in the FIRST natural disaster forum....

Also, Bluehornet you don't seem to understand everything you've said so far has been in the FIRST natural disaster forum....

AAAAHHHHHHH THE DOUBLE POSTS THEY BUURRRRNNN!!!!!

just edit your previous post, so nobody has to die

My previous is on page 3, while i am on page one. Trolololololololol

I think this is a very good idea, maybe some ores come from meteorites, forest fires could enrich soil and even there could be aliens in the meteorites (hey, it's believable)

I think this is a very good idea, maybe some ores come from meteorites, forest fires could enrich soil and even there could be aliens in the meteorites (hey, it's believable)

AAAHHH!! A WILD NECROMANCER HAS APPEARED! EVERYONE RUN IN TERROR!!!!!