Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Peffern

Troughs

18 posts in this topic

Simple request, a place to leave food for my animals that they can eat from.

please add more detail to your topics, actually spend some time thinking up stuff not just "add this" and be done

but yeah its a good idea we could make troughs out of planks, then fill them with water or seeds or whatever our animals need to eat, that way you dont have to hand feed them all the time

Don't start a topic with "thoughs" as the tittle. Also, already suggested

Don't start a topic with "thoughs" as the tittle. Also, already suggested

umm he said troughs not thoughs

Now, now, we could concentrate in the proper way to post a suggestion, which you could later as the devs to make a sticky post about, or we could concentrate in what Peffern actually said :

But yeah, Esteban is right, this was suggested already.

animals eat the grass off the ground. You'd only need a trough if you were keeping them somewhere without grass, (which would be quite hard).

animals eat the grass off the ground. You'd only need a trough if you were keeping them somewhere without grass, (which would be quite hard).

how 'bout chickens? they dont eat grass right?

If you wanted to build a barn with all your individual cows in separate stalls (which I would - males on one side females on the other, stalls separated so I know which is which and therefore which can breed), having a dirt (grass) floor is pretty tacky

A trough I could toss some straw in to keep them alive would be both necessary in a barn, and a nice aesthetic touch.

If you wanted to build a barn with all your individual cows in separate stalls (which I would - males on one side females on the other, stalls separated so I know which is which and therefore which can breed), having a dirt (grass) floor is pretty tacky

A trough I could toss some straw in to keep them alive would be both necessary in a barn, and a nice aesthetic touch.

Farmers let their cows out in the morning to graze. Much cheaper and better for them. Don't be a lazy farmer >: (

Farmers let their cows out in the morning to graze. Much cheaper and better for them. Don't be a lazy farmer >: (

Farmers also tag/brand their cows, and get to know them individually by looks alone, the way you would with a person.

Since it's impossible to do either of those things in TFC...

Farmers also tag/brand their cows, and get to know them individually by looks alone, the way you would with a person.

Since it's impossible to do either of those things in TFC...

Cows have different sizes... and if you REALLY wanted, I could give them different spot patterns on their bodies too.

Ok. I guess its okay without. But I agree with eternal, it would definitely be nice aesthetically.

Cows have different sizes... and if you REALLY wanted, I could give them different spot patterns on their bodies too.

... Could the bulls have larger horns? also, i find the female cows size ridiculous... : since when Steve is a giant, taller than cows? -no reference to minecraft Giants intended-

It is possible for a same mob to have different forms or skins, depending on it's genre? It would make a little more sense. No milk, but i think the bulls still have udders... : are they hermaphrodites?

... Could the bulls have larger horns? also, i find the female cows size ridiculous... : since when Steve is a giant, taller than cows? -no reference to minecraft Giants intended-

It is possible for a same mob to have different forms or skins, depending on it's genre? It would make a little more sense. No milk, but i think the bulls still have udders... : are they hermaphrodites?

Are you playing on a server? Rendering is done client side, and while the right-click function no longer displays the client side sex of the animal, i think the rendering might still be using the client sex as opposed to the server's.

All animals will be given new models. Chickens are in production at the moment.

Nope, SSP until Jed opens up his own server :3 right now i have no reason why i would need to know their gender, as i just simply hunt them instead of breeding them... but the dwarfism suffering female cows sure got my attention :

Nope, SSP until Jed opens up his own server :3 right now i have no reason why i would need to know their genre, as i just simply hunt them instead of breeding them... but the dwarfism suffering female cows sure got my attention :

Yes, females are smaller than males. And the word you are looking for is "genders", or more correctly, "sexes". "genre" sort of refers to a type of something... Like "Horror" or "Comedy" are both genres of movies.

I will definitely have to look into it.

Ok, thanks for the correction and for checking that :P

I will definitely have to look into it.

As in, playing on Terra?