Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Bookcreeper

Gem Cutting

105 posts in this topic

Alright, I know most of you are reading this thinking: "Doesnt this noob know there have already been discussions about gem cutting before and that it wouldn't be implemented anyway because they're still completely useless!?". Hear me out, my idea is less about cutting gems so they're all nice and pretty (and useless) but related to the chisel functions topic. What I mean is I think we should be able to (when the cubit feature is implemented) cut gems into cubits so we can use them in sculptures, mosaics etc. This is still a pretty rough idea but I was thinking that the number of cubits you get for use is related to the quality of the gem and how well you did cutting it. Obviously if this were to be put in there would be some sort of skill related minigame and how many cubits depends partly on how well you actually did it. This is just a rough idea so any suggestions (or bashings) you guys are willing to post are welcome.

Idea. Maybe we could use crushed gems to color the etching in the blocks. Kinda like http://www.minecraft...dust-mod-aug19/ under the "cool creations" tab, image section submitted by Kinshu, third image down.

P.S. I'd love for someone to tell me how to put an image in my post.

Posted this earlier but people keep skimming over it. Posting here as you idea is it's brother.

Yes they are similar but my idea is that you could create sculptures made completely out of gemstones. Personally I would want to make a creeper idol out of emerald, put it in the middle of a testificate village and when they start worshiping it laugh like a maniac and say "Let it Begin".

You mean like mini-blocks? Mine would be easier to code but yours has more options. Maybe with the etching feature you could tak Schist and etch it into the statue you're thinking of and then color it with gems for more detail.

that would be pretty cool

Gems will find another purpose.

ohmygod Dunk i love you so much right now!!

-mashes like button repeatedy-

ohmygod Dunk i love you so much right now!!

-mashes like button repeatedy-

see? That's how you can like my stuff multiple times. When you like, unlike and relike something, I get a notification for each time you like it again. Just got three notifications for that one post.

Next time I post something you guys like, I want to come back to 90 notifications ;D

Here you have some more from me :D -plans to spam his notifications with likes in the same post >:3-

Here you have some more from me :D -plans to spam his notifications with likes in the same post >:3-

MUAHAHAHA WE WILL ANNOY HIM FOREEEEVVVEEEERRRRR!!!!!!

MUAHAHAHA WE WILL ANNOY HIM FOREEEEVVVEEEERRRRR!!!!!!

Lol, i actually forgot that he can do the same thing to us while posting before... i came back, saw 13 notifications, thought "Wtf i said, that everybody likes it so much?" and then realized they all were likes Dunk gave to the previous post ._.

Kind of disappointing :(

Could you give us a hint? Even if it's extremely far down the road, it would be nice to know what gems will eventually be used for.

Could you give us a hint? Even if it's extremely far down the road, it would be nice to know what gems will eventually be used for.

nope :)

you must be new around here...

you must be new around here...

You could say that. I'm just saying that when you have an item that's been in since at least Beta1 and no use for it and no recorded statement about them having a use that people are gonna post suggestions about what you can do with them. If you don't want the forum clutter then just give us a hint. ;) We promise not to tell too many people. :ph34r:

You could say that. I'm just saying that when you have an item that's been in since at least Beta1 and no use for it and no recorded statement about them having a use that people are gonna post suggestions about what you can do with them. If you don't want the forum clutter then just give us a hint. ;) We promise not to tell too many people. :ph34r:

Even if he trsuted that we won't tell anyone -accept it, even the Mc Donald's manager would know about it...-, too many people coud just come here and watch it by themselves without you telling them anything, or even knowing it :P if you do post a secret anwhere i nthe internet, that's because you want people to know about it...

no the fact that you're asking dunk for a hint...

I think someone who might have been dunk might have said something about something that might have been gems being used for something that may have been enchantment sometime that may have been mid June. But no guarantees :)

I think someone who might have been dunk might have said something about something that might have been gems being used for something that may have been enchantment sometime that may have been mid June. But no guarantees :)

I ..... it ... Bioxx .... said .... not ..... but . could .. wrong. ... probally ..... impatient, ... hard ... to .. though .... mod .. soo ....! Thank ... for .... a ..... mod. :)

(It's fun to delete every other word ... ooops I meant: It's ... to ...... every ..... word) LOL

I ..... it ... Bioxx .... said .... not ..... but . could .. wrong. ... probally ..... impatient, ... hard ... to .. though .... mod .. soo ....! Thank ... for .... a ..... mod. :)

(It's fun to delete every other word ... ooops I meant: It's ... to ...... every ..... word) LOL

This .. So .... Fun. . Cant .... Doing .... Anymore.

.... Have ... Done .. Me?!

.... Thread .. Dead.

Umm... Did i read something about gem scultures? I'm sorry, but unless you are a master gemworker, who managed to find a MASSIVE gem, that would be impossible, unless.... it were a tiny creeper stature... lol.

Hey scooter we're in real time!

lol, anyways, yeah, about this thread, it has already been suggested so yeah...

Personally, I'd prefer if the only gems we got naturally were small, medium, and large, and then you had to cut them to get the variety we have now, of course how it's done I have no idea. lol

Personally, I'd prefer if the only gems we got naturally were small, medium, and large, and then you had to cut them to get the variety we have now, of course how it's done I have no idea. lol

but then again there are different qualities of gem you can just find, there can be a difference between finding a falwless emerald, and getting one with all kinds of impurities, and cutting it right wont make it less impure

ps. welcome to the forums!