Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Bookcreeper

Gem Cutting

105 posts in this topic

nice ider :rolleyes:

dazzer, theres this thing called the "like" button on the corner of the OP

instead of making a post that says "i like this", just hit the button so we save room up here for more relevant topics

if you wanted to make a poist, you could say "i like this", and then add a suggestion of your own, something that contributes to the thread

Apart from whatever fuss will be done with gems in the future, I would still lvoe for the Chisel to have a "Socket" feature, where you are allowed to put a socket directly int he middle of a raw, smooth (and perhaps brick) stone. If you rightclick this socket the Gem will go in there, looking neat. The size being based on the quality and the visual appeal on the type of Gem :D

I mean there enver can be enough cosmetic Building options :D

Apart from whatever fuss will be done with gems in the future, I would still lvoe for the Chisel to have a "Socket" feature, where you are allowed to put a socket directly int he middle of a raw, smooth (and perhaps brick) stone. If you rightclick this socket the Gem will go in there, looking neat. The size being based on the quality and the visual appeal on the type of Gem :D

I mean there enver can be enough cosmetic Building options :D

socketed items? sounds more like this would be for the enchanting

stick a zopaz in a socket on the handle of your sword, use some magical whoopidy doopity, and bam you get a lightning effect or something based on the quality of the gem

diablo much?

No no, socketed stones :P

And thanyo put a Gem into the socket and have a cosmetic ornate in the middle of your stone :D

No no, socketed stones :P

And thanyo put a Gem into the socket and have a cosmetic ornate in the middle of your stone :D

i know what you were talking about, i was just adding my own idea to the mix

but yeah socketed stones could be neat, have a gem encrusted throne for your Dwarven Halls

Ider?

Really, if you're going to waste my time, at least do it with proper spelling.

Ider?

Really, if you're going to waste my time, at least do it with proper spelling.

waaay late sir, that was like almost a month ago

and PS -ider-

teehee

Dammit, I hate when I do that.

I hated it when i did it too.

also, the socketing would be really kool. Maybe you could, um, i forget lol

Kind of off topic(not a game mechanic more of a graphics thing) It would be cool if gems could shine and refract light as an addon or something (kind of like godray or whatever they are called in SEUS). I know bioxx has sadi that he wont realease code fro addons or anything(at least i think he did...) But yeah. It would still be really cool. ; ]

Oh, it's okay, this forum's unofficial sport is thread derailing :P

And i'm not really sure what you meant... : could you please clarify?

Oh, it's okay, this forum's unofficial sport is thread derailing :P

And i'm not really sure what you meant... : could you please clarify?

i think he's trying to say that it would be cool if gems would reflect light and be all sparkly if placed in the world

If you could set gems in wall sockets, I would totally become an infiltration thief that steals gems out of walls in the night.

i think he's trying to say that it would be cool if gems would reflect light and be all sparkly if placed in the world

Oh, then i like it :3

And to make it a useful post... errr...

*Stays there, thinking in what to say. The only thing he can think off has nothing to do with NOTHING.*

DERAIL! DERAIL! DERAIL!

all jokes aside: It would be uber cool. Well, that and wood sculpting...

Some day this mod will become big. And then the forums will get a serious moderator. And then Noodles, arch, and many other train destroying perpetrators will be banned.

And I will laugh evily. (is that a word?)

Because you know I have never derailed a thread... *cough sarcasticpostjustclarifyingforthebutthurtoverreactorsonthisforumiloveyouto*cough cough*

Some day this mod will become big. And then the forums will get a serious moderator. And then Noodles, arch, and many other train destroying perpetrators will be banned.

And I will laugh evily. (is that a word?)

Because you know I have never derailed a thread... *cough sarcasticpostjustclarifyingforthebutthurtoverreactorsonthisforumiloveyouto*cough cough*

uh, thanks?

Serious mods? AND RUIN THE FUN!?!?!? I declare you mentally defunct. Go directly to jail, do not pass go, do not collect 200$

Haha I said it was a evil thought. Never mind though, tis cleansed from my scoundrel mind.

I have my eye on you...

I think we may be possibly off the track of this thread...

Posted Image

So that's where my eye went to. Give it back!

Azdoine, Monkey in middle. TOSS IT HERE, IM OPEN!

come on, come on!