Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Ethreality

Woodcutting, and charcoal.

155 posts in this topic

There is not an infinite amount of space. What is it like 10^80 atoms or something? I saw some math program once where they discuss it.

A statement made on false assumptions is a false statement.

(PS, while there are about 10^80 atoms in the universe, if the whole volume of the universe was filled with atoms, it would be about 10^90 atoms)

again,this was

A said a while ago, they prolly thought the universe was infinite back then

B said by Douglas Adams, can we really take anything he says seriously?

There is not an infinite amount of space. What is it like 10^80 atoms or something? I saw some math program once where they discuss it.

A statement made on false assumptions is a false statement.

(PS, while there are about 10^80 atoms in the universe, if the whole volume of the universe was filled with atoms, it would be about 10^90 atoms)

It's not infinite, but arbitrarily large sums may be assumed to be infinite unless calculating intentionally on a large scale

Same as how 2+2=5 for arbitrarily large values of 2 lol

There is actually no such thing as actual infinites, everything is theoretically finite, except the reaches of space, which are a void, and are not counted as it is a nothing, not a something.

Incorrect, because while physical objects or distances in our universe do have definite bounds ([the rate of inflation * time since the big bang * speed of light in a vacuum] on the upper bound, and the Planck length on the lower), the potential for space to expand is technically infinite, as are the plausible number of universes in existence and the size of certain kinds of p-brane

Incorrect, because while physical objects or distances in our universe do have definite bounds ([the rate of inflation * time since the big bang * speed of light in a vacuum] on the upper bound, and the Planck length on the lower), the potential for space to expand is technically infinite, as are the plausible number of universes in existence and the size of certain kinds of p-brane

That's... what i was saying lol, maybe i did not convey it so, but that is how i understand it. I am too tired to get into such winded explanations of infinity.

That's... what i was saying lol, maybe i did not convey it so, but that is how i understand it. I am too tired to get into such winded explanations of infinity.

-tries to understand infinity-

-brain explodes-

dammit this is like the second time this week!

-tries to understand infinity-

-brain explodes-

dammit this is like the second time this week!

Infinity is easy to understand

Just start counting up from 0

Then never stop

Infinity is easy to understand

Just start counting up from 0

Then never stop

one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten....

and she was never heard from again

one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten....

>and she was never

>and she

>she

Lies and misdirection

Women don't go on the internet or play games

Otherwise nerd guys wouldn't be as miserable, and as we all know, a theory will not be widely accepted if it conflicts directly with observable phenomena (the misery of nerds, which I know first-hand)

yeah because trees arent just a vertical shaft of wood 4-6 metres tall surrounded by leaves, theres these things called branches that mojang forgot about for most trees

I honestly don't think this is a legitimate case of 'forgot about' so much as 'yo the world is made of 1x1x1 meter blocks there really isn't space for brances in small trees.' We even have large tress in vanilla minecraft with clear blocky branches. Would you have appreciated leaf blocks containing brown lines to represent branches that would be silly to represent as meter cubed blocks? Or using fractional blocks entity systems that were not even possible at the time?

Mojang is incompetent in specific areas, but this is honestly nitpicking just for the sake of taking a poor jab at them.

just for the sake of taking a poor jeb at them.

fixed

I honestly don't think this is a legitimate case of 'forgot about' so much as 'yo the world is made of 1x1x1 meter blocks there really isn't space for brances in small trees.' We even have large tress in vanilla minecraft with clear blocky branches. Would you have appreciated leaf blocks containing brown lines to represent branches that would be silly to represent as meter cubed blocks? Or using fractional blocks entity systems that were not even possible at the time?

Mojang is incompetent in specific areas, but this is honestly nitpicking just for the sake of taking a poor jab at them.

true true, i guess theres really not much they could've done to make trees less derpy seeing the circumstances they have to work with

I didn't know girls watched my little pony, the impression the remainder of the internet gives lead me to believe otherwise...

So sgrnoodles IS a girl!

Anywho, so branches are not possible eh?! *pointedly looks at fruit trees*

Branches are possible, the question is where they fit on the to-do list.

Branches are possible, the question is where they fit on the to-do list.

what are you guys saying about what's on/off the to-do list without me? When animals are done, I'm going to look into trees.

I didn't know girls watched my little pony,

lolwut?

its not like the show was geared towards girls, nope, not a chance. most masculine show ever

So sgrnoodles IS a girl!

Anywho, so branches are not possible eh?! *pointedly looks at fruit trees*

Bullshit. Srg Noodles is a genderless forum member like most other people here apart from me and Infinus who have both been seen in photographs :P

Edit: Also, I've never seen why it's important, other than to alleviate most peoples miserable convictions that women have no interest in anything that men do have an interest in :P

Bullshit. Srg Noodles is a genderless forum member like most other people here apart from me and Infinus who have both been seen in photographs :P

if thats what you want to think then go ahead, im not going to agree or disagree with anyone who tries to guess my gender

woo 600 posts

if thats what you want to think then go ahead, im not going to agree or disagree with anyone who tries to guess my gender

woo 600 posts

Haha :P It's not what I think obviously, but it is how I view you.

To be fair, your gender is of little consequence so I won't even guess :L

Gz on the 600 :)

Haha :P It's not what I think obviously, but it is how I view you.

To be fair, your gender is of little consequence so I won't even guess :L

Gz on the 600 :)

agree'd and thanks

now:

BACK ON TOPIC GOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

agree'd and thanks

now:

BACK ON TOPIC GOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I actually don't know what "on topic" is for this thread :P *goes back and reads*

Yeah, this picks up on a fundmental flaw in MC as a whole. You are never going to be able to scale these things properly.

Here's a tip if you want to try: Stop thinking in terms of size. The MC world is really scaled in terms of time and not size. You can't accurately scale trees and charcoal production because IRL it doesn't take 30 seconds to cut down a mighty sequoia tree with a knapped stone axe. The size of the tree is irrelevant. It is the investment of time that is the key here :)

Woo, charcoal blocks are a thing now!!

lolwut?

its not like the show was geared towards girls, nope, not a chance. most masculine show ever

Well, the term 'Brony' does have a certain masculine implication.

*Sips tea made of lost masculinity and ponyville dandelions*

Well, the term 'Brony' does have a certain masculine implication.

*Sips tea made of lost masculinity and ponyville dandelions*

then again theres this word called "pegasister"

I believe Brony is Asexual, although pegasister does have a certain female part to it.

I believe Brony is Asexual, although pegasister does have a certain female part to it.

hay who made you the god of forks?

oh wait nevermind, im spoons

IGNORE THIS POST!!!!!!