Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Joey

Stupid Ideas

106 posts in this topic

This is a meta-thread for crappy/stupid/silly suggestions. Suggestions that never will and never should happen. I made this so you can all be silly and get all those strange thoughts out of your system. In part, it is also for new members to get a good idea of what suggestions TFC frown upon. Lastly, I made this for the lulz.

Let me begin:

Tamable sabertooth lions which one uses for defense/decoration/beauty pageants.

WEEK ONE UPDATE: September 4, 2012.

Alright doods, you've all been really nice and helpful towards this thread, and I thank you for that.

Some lovely ideas mentioned so far:

-dirt tools (for teh lulz)

-charcoal items not de-spawning (debatable)

-angry trolls galore

-pidgeons

-braised animal (or human, I was unsure) anus as a sort of end-game food (very debatable)

-overly-realistic, dynamic inventory

-moar to come!

NOTE: This is NOT a place to troll or judge. We are all friends here, after all.

Replies in Eternal's TTMT

Makes a new thread about a list of suggestions.

Coincidence?

Ok, now seriously -or as serious as this thread is...-

Making the inventory exactly as it would be in reality -real life weight, space, etc...-

I DEFINITELY not trying to rival that butthole munching Eternal. Thanks for the suggestion.

I DEFINITELY not trying to rival that butthole munching Eternal. Thanks for the suggestion.

Thanks, that'll help me sleep at night

And incidentally, braised anus is an excellent source of fiber, as well as a french delicacy

Thanks, that'll help me sleep at night

And incidentally, braised anus is an excellent source of fiber, as well as a french delicacy

aaand instant thread derail

and for good measure...umm... pidgeons

aaand instant thread derail

and for good measure...umm... pidgeons

Oops my bad, back on topic:

this thread

Oh god, this is now my sig.

Oh god, this is now my sig.

i love how this is a suprize to you, like it suddenly jumped onto you aand clung onto your leg

...Oh look, it's this thread, that one that shows up on every forum everywhere. Hello again.

Since you guys suck at staying on topic, I'll suggest more stuff!

-smithable magneto-balls

hmmm

howsabout... eh

marshmallows

Everything that has ever been said in the health/damage suggestions.

guyse i wants there to be every bone dat the hooman body haz in minecraft dats not hard to code and dere shouldz be if u get ur arm chopped offs den it never growz back so ur 50 hourz of work can be destroyedz wit one hit huuuuur durrrr itz realistic datz what the mod iz about

out. out right now -points to the exit of the internet-

But I was just drawing attention the the fact that everyone there seems to just wants to have a level of immersion thats just too deep for something like health. Sure it worked great in Dwarf Fortress, but when people say that a broken arm should take 3-5 minecraft days to heal, they dont understand how boring and frustrating it is doing nothing for 5 days.

That's up to discussion, not an inherently stupid or frowned upon idea.

But I was just drawing attention the the fact that everyone there seems to just wants to have a level of immersion thats just too deep for something like health. Sure it worked great in Dwarf Fortress, but when people say that a broken arm should take 3-5 minecraft days to heal, they dont understand how boring and frustrating it is doing nothing for 5 days.

1. everyone? i think not. and we need at least some level of emersion because we're trying to make it so you are steve not just playing as steve but you are him.

2. i dont remember hearing people say that about broken bones, and, you wouldnt be doing nothing, i suggested that you would do alot less damage/mine alot slower with a broken arm, and you could make a cast for it that would greatly speed up the healing process

That was really rude, Dave.

The least you could do is back up your argument instead of making subjective claims.

No, sniping at my spelling and grammar isn't an argument.

That was really rude, Dave.

The least you could do is back up your argument instead of making subjective claims.

No, sniping at my spelling and grammar isn't an argument.

But, he's Darth Dave, which means he's a sith, which means he doesn't need to back up arguments cause he just force death grips everyone who disagrees.

But, he's Darth Dave, which means he's a sith, which means he doesn't need to back up arguments cause he just force death grips everyone who disagrees.

maicious intent and incurable darkness of the soul is no excuse for stupidity

guyse i wants there to be every bone dat the hooman body haz in minecraft dats not hard to code and dere shouldz be if u get ur arm chopped offs den it never growz back so ur 50 hourz of work can be destroyedz wit one hit huuuuur durrrr itz realistic datz what the mod iz about

Really now, i think you are not giving the health system suggestion it's fair dues, as it was very cleverly thought out, even bioxx and dunkleosteous complemented the creator, and honestly i think most of us would like a new health system rather than "hearts" while it was great in zelda, you also didn't have to go mining and buiding in zelda.

This thread is so inflamatory it is unreal.

The concept of a stupid idea is subjective, so please don't expect everyone to agree that "x idea is stupid" because you will only start arguments.

Please lock this thread !

This thread is so inflamatory it is unreal.

The concept of a stupid idea is subjective, so please don't expect everyone to agree that "x idea is stupid" because you will only start arguments.

Please lock this thread !

eh lets keep it so that people can get all their dumb ideas out here and not defile the other threads with them

eh lets keep it so that people can get all their dumb ideas out here and not defile the other threads with them

you imply that people won't do that anyway.

you imply that people won't do that anyway.

eh its like the op said people can at least try to get it out of their system if they're having an unusually stong urge to say something stupid

also, dirt tools