Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sirbrandino

Mods you use alongside TFC

42 posts in this topic

Hello all. I have a curious request to make.

-What mods do you use alongside TFC?

-Are these mods smp friendly?

-What mods would you recommend to help with running a server? (plugin-like things, enhancements etc.)

- I just recently decided to make a small server for my friends and I, and just would like some feedback as to what might make our experience that much better. Thanks guys,

-Sirbrandino.

P.S. - Just to be clear, I will state here and in a lower post as to what mods I already have, to save you guys some time :)

-TFC (of course)

-Optifine (farther render distance FTW!)

-Rei's Minimap

Do note I do not have smart moving installed, never tried it, and I just haven't felt led to try now.

It's been posted before, but I'm definitely curious what people say today, most mods I consider using have one or two problems that just makes them noncompatible, either lacking smp, requiring different terrain generation or using recipes for items that you can't obtain legitimately in TFCraft.

I'm also looking for things that would enhance the realism of it, I'd consider Better than wolves if getting to the nether was realistic, and I've heard people use railcraft quite often, but getting it to work may pose a hassle.

I can confirm that Computer Craft can be loaded along with TFC, there are three or four block collission IDs (207, 208, and 209, IIRC), but also a block entity collission (turtles with stalactites) that will silently pretend nothing is wrong (until you find stacks of three turtles littering caves, they do however, act like stalactites). Not sure how to fix the latter, but I assume it is fixable (I just didn't explore it, as I discovered the error after I was "done" with the double-mod).

I cannot verify that they are legitimately craftable, but I assume not, as I have not seen redstone in TFC.

I can also verify that any mod that uses Forge is not compatible, as Forge is not compatible with TFC for an unknown reason.

(Edit: I confused Forge with ModLoader. ModLoader is not compatible)

Smart movement is a must for me in ssp, or smp

Optifine is great, as it allows for greater customization in both modes, as well as good speed up.

Rei's minimap allows for a better map system than vanilla, as well as adding landmarks.

I believe the sound pack mod is compatible, although don't quote me on that.

Other than that, it's up to preference.

Mob dismemberment mod makes nights more fun :D

Hm.. My standard set up is the same as Scooterdanny's.

Optifine for a smoother MC is always nice.

Smart moving, almost a requirement on a lot of TFC servers I've played on.

Rei's Minimap, is great for remembering where things are and considering the talk of the new World Gen. Might even become necessary.

Those are the ones I use. Currently looking at the Millenaire mod for some compatibility. Kind of scared to try it because of recipes etc. but definitely going to give it a try. And with Millenaire soon to be SMP compatible all the better.

Millenaire already IS SMP Heinrich (Not sure about compatibility, you would probably have to modify the building requirements as almost all REQUIRE stone, cobble, or wood, so tweaking the civ configs is probably nescissary), also, some people like to add NEI for the recipes, there are also alternatives to this of course.

I can also verify that any mod that uses Forge is not compatible, as Forge is not compatible with TFC for an unknown reason.

How can this be true when Forge is required to even install TFC???

Install Forge 3.3.8.152 Client into your jar file

Besides, I run quite a few mods that run on Forge and I have no issues other than a few block ID changes in the config files.

Mods I use:

Buildcraft with additional pipes and objects plus logistics pipes

Trains and Zeppelins

RedPower

Wireless Redstone CBE

NEI

REI's Minimap

Smart moving

Inventory Tweaks

I think most, if not all, of these work with SMP

Oh my yes, Inventory tweaks in a MUST for me.

How can this be true when Forge is required to even install TFC???

My mistake. It's the other one...um...ModLoader, that's the one.

I got the two backwards.

The mods I'm using at this moment are:

-Smart moving, because it's nice to be smart in moving.

-Optifine.

-Balkon's weaponmod. I like more weapons.

Once TFC is updated, I'm gonna try these mods as well:

-Universal electricity and its mods, some of their machines needs to be built like in TFcraft's charcoal pit, bloomery etc. It makes it more realistic and interesting.

-Rope+, because ropes and hooks. And elemental arrows.

-Stalker creepers. Stalking players like they're supposed to do.(will only do it if nothing is changed in base class)

-Back to the roots. Butterflies. And maybe some boss mobs

Not too sure how it'll go, but we'll see.

Now I need mechanical powered machine mod thingy that actually works on TFcraft to go before universal electricity.

Just to be clear, I will state here and in OP as to what mods I already have, to save you guys some time :)

-TFC (of course)

-Optifine (farther render distance FTW!)

-Rei's Minimap

Do note I do not have smart moving installed, never tried it, and I just haven't felt led to try now.

I noticed some of you had buildcraft and redpower. How do you get around the recipes to craft them?

I noticed some of you had buildcraft and redpower. How do you get around the recipes to craft them?

The only thing I use buildcraft(currently) for is so I could install additional pipes mod which adds the Teleport Tether to keep chunks loaded. I put these up in my fruit and crop farm so my harvests continue to grow while I am away in a distant mine somewhere. I use NEI to get these.

Also, I only use redpower so I could install wireless redstone for the wireless remote and receiver to switch train tracks without having to stop my train, get out, push a button, and start up again.... I am lazy :) I use NEI as well for these.

I plan on farming the goods to make the tracks for trains and zeppelin mod, and use my own farmed redstone for powering the trains, but NEI to actually get the trains.

In the future, I may make a sorting system with the rest of buildcraft and logistics pipes. I may have to NEI these as well, or maybe offer up some sort of exchange of TFC gems for diamonds or other goods. I never really cared much for the rest of redpower so probably won't use much else in that category though.

Smart Moving (already mentioned) a must

Rei's Minimap (already mentioned)

Optifine

Backpack - putting liquid metal ingots in a backpack prevents them from cooling until you're ready to use them :)

More Stackables

NEI

Inventory Tweaks.

Death Chest worked up until Pre47 buit doesn't now for some reason(could be related to the chest capacity changes)

Thanks guys, I might look into some of these suggestions.

@pyrocantaes, is that backpack mod smp compatible? Are you able to create it in-game without nei? Could you supply me with a link?

Smart Moving, Rei's Minimap, and Backpack mod were what my last server used.

As someone else Draco said, it is not Forge-incompatible, but the server is Bukkit-incompatible. This is the main reason you don't see servers with TFC+Mystcraft or TFC+IC2+RP2.

As someone else said, it is not Forge-incompatible, but the server is Bukkit-incompatible. This is the main reason you don't see servers with TFC+Mystcraft or TFC+IC2+RP2.

I'd meant Mod-Loader. :X

And that's client-side incompatible. I didn't even test the server (client was bad, so what was the point?)

The only thing I use buildcraft(currently) for is so I could install additional pipes mod which adds the Teleport Tether to keep chunks loaded. I put these up in my fruit and crop farm so my harvests continue to grow while I am away in a distant mine somewhere. I use NEI to get these.

I can't remember where I saw it but there's a mod out now that is specifically a chunk loading block mod, and that's all it adds. Will look it up when I get home from work, but that would let you cut out 2 mods that add a lot of things.

So, what is the current list of compatible SMP mods? It looks we have 2 confirmed, and possibly a third:

1) Smart Movement -confirmed

2) ComputerCraft -confirmed

3) Millenaire -theorized

I'm a bit confused about how ComputerCraft would work. Almost all the recipes require redstone, which doesn't exist in world made by the TFC generation. I'm assuming that admins would have to cheat in the computer craft items.

Has anyone ever tried Mo' Creatures? I don't think it involves much (if any) crafting, so it seems like it has a chance of being compatible.

I'm a bit confused about how ComputerCraft would work. Almost all the recipes require redstone, which doesn't exist in world made by the TFC generation. I'm assuming that admins would have to cheat in the computer craft items.

We didn't play into the world far enough to find out if we could actually build them (I was unaware until now on the existence or non of redstone). :P

But yeah, you'd have to TMI in the redstone.

I can confirm that Computer Craft can be loaded along with TFC, there are three or four block collission IDs (207, 208, and 209, IIRC), but also a block entity collission (turtles with stalactites) that will silently pretend nothing is wrong (until you find stacks of three turtles littering caves, they do however, act like stalactites). Not sure how to fix the latter, but I assume it is fixable (I just didn't explore it, as I discovered the error after I was "done" with the double-mod).

I cannot verify that they are legitimately craftable, but I assume not, as I have not seen redstone in TFC.

From what I gather redstone exists from cinnabar? but how to get it I'm not sure.

and it might be worth it adding computer craft just to see piles of turtles in caves. x]

Has anyone ever tried Mo' Creatures? I don't think it involves much (if any) crafting, so it seems like it has a chance of being compatible.

Mo' Creatures theoretically works, but because sea level is so much higher I've been told the creatures don't actually spawn, not sure why that would be, you wouldn't think they'd have a max height but that's what I've heard.

and it might be worth it adding computer craft just to see piles of turtles in caves. x]

They're non-functional. They're still stagmites, but they look like turtles.