Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sirbrandino

Mods you use alongside TFC

42 posts in this topic

One could just change the id's? Millenaire, is possible, but a crap tonne of configuration would be needed, a project i want somebody to undertake please :D Redstone is INDEED obtainable from cinnabar.

''One could just change the id's? Millenaire, is possible, but a crap tonne of configuration would be needed, a project i want somebody to undertake please''

Well, paste the Config for it and I can start raiding the wiki for ID's. Not promising I can get it done, Due to me always being on standby in my babysitting job, and me having a minimal of a social life. that and I am inherently lazy ;P

Huzzah, TFC updated for 1.3!

Yay! Well, it hadn't when I posted that. :rolleyes:

This thread has a lot more about compatibility. It lists a few other small mods that are compatible (like Griefer Creepers).

Millenaire would be awesome, but more than just IDs would have to change. The villagers need wood and cobblestone from the players, so the code would have to change to accept TFC cobblestone and TFC wood. Recipes for bricks would have to be changed. And I can't imagine that the generation of villages would work with TFC generation either.

Still, it would be an awesome combination. The mods seem a bit like they are built for each other.

The villagers need wood and cobblestone from the players, so the code would have to change to accept TFC cobblestone and TFC wood.

Alternatively, you could mod in a recipie to turn a TFC resource into a Vanilla resource (tfccobblestone -> cobblestone, tfcwood -> wood). From there it's a little Honor System on using those recipies only for villiager trading.

That's true, but I think there is plenty of Millenaire code that would need to be changed anyway (it uses temperatures and humidity to determine where villages are spawned). If you're already mucking with Millenaire code, changing the villager's buy list wouldn't be that hard.

Do you know if Millenaire quests can just be turned off? The old man is supposed to spawn near a particular tree in a particular biome, and a lot of his quests are biome specific. I think that enough of that will be broken that it's not even worth trying to fix.

That's true, but I think there is plenty of Millenaire code that would need to be changed anyway (it uses temperatures and humidity to determine where villages are spawned). If you're already mucking with Millenaire code, changing the villager's buy list wouldn't be that hard.

Do you know if Millenaire quests can just be turned off? The old man is supposed to spawn near a particular tree in a particular biome, and a lot of his quests are biome specific. I think that enough of that will be broken that it's not even worth trying to fix.

Couldn't you just change the target biome? i've not done too much config changes, but i would be VERY interested in playing these two together.

Alternatively, you could mod in a recipie to turn a TFC resource into a Vanilla resource (tfccobblestone -> cobblestone, tfcwood -> wood). From there it's a little Honor System on using those recipies only for villiager trading.

Maybe the opposing way would be less damaging to the balance of the game and could work out great. I think it would bring a LOT to the game.

I'm looking into getting Ropes+ and probably multimine to see how well they work, ropes+ seems to be a great fit with TFC.

edit:

Ropes+ poor choice, the rope arrows require flint and rope on it's own isn't nearly that useful.

From what I've read of Millenaire coding there is a LOT of changes to be made in order for them to work properly, if anyone is up to we can do this

I'm looking into getting Ropes+ and probably multimine to see how well they work, ropes+ seems to be a great fit with TFC.

edit:

Ropes+ poor choice, the rope arrows require flint and rope on it's own isn't nearly that useful.

But you can get flint.... right? just break a lot of gravel.

-TFC (of course)

-Optifine (farther render distance FTW!)

-Rei's Minimap

I use these and Somnia.

But you can get flint.... right? just break a lot of gravel.

You can also get arrows from skeletons.

Pssh, use rocks for arrows, you get 8 instead of 4 arrows per feather and stick.

-What mods do you use alongside TFC?

As a player, I treat this game as Alpha testing phase.

As such, I do not use Rei's, smartmoving, opifine or anything that could conflict with testing for this mod. I use NEI on some occasions like when I'm OP for the server and I do occasionally use a texture pack. However, I have no objections whatsoever if the server owner wants server side mods in. I love anything that adds to the game for all players, not just ones using mods.

I have discovered that Buildcraft is compatible, as it does not require ModLoader

It, however, is limited due to the lack of redstone and vanilla cobblestone. But a few contraptions should be possible.