Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Crysyn

Rules for posting Texture Packs

10 posts in this topic

Hey All,

Some basic rules for posting a texture pack are as follows:

• If your work is based off of someone else's work you must include credit to the next immediate author.
  • Provide comprehensive screenshots to display all of the active alterations your texture pack provides.
  • Provide a download link that does not require login in order to access.
  • Your texture pack must not give unintended advantages to players.
Clarifications:
  • You only need to cite the person your work is immediately based off of, not all the people that their work may be based off of as well.
  • Unintended advantages are defined as:

• Allow the player to see beyond what they would normally be capable of.

So have i done everything right?

So have i done everything right?

Yup, your post looked good to me :)

Is there any way we could get some sort of template as to what dirt/sand/farmland/clay corresponds to what type of stone?It is the devil itself to color-code them all and look for them in-game to pair the suckers up.

Pretty please?

Hey All,

Some basic rules for posting a texture pack are as follows:

[*]If your work is based off of someone else's work you must include credit to the next immediate author.

[*]Provide comprehensive screenshots to display all of the active alterations your texture pack provides.

[*]Provide a download link that does not require login in order to access.

[*]Your texture pack must not give unintended advantages to players.

Clarifications:

[*]You only need to cite the person your work is immediately based off of, not all the people that their work may be based off of as well.

[*]Unintended advantages are defined as:

[*]Allow the player to see beyond what they would normally be capable of.

Is there any type of format that should be used for the references?  I've downloaded several hundred free to use/modifiable photos over the last year or so, usually combining several photos per texture and heavily modifying the results.  Should I list all sources in the post?  Or add a notepad references to the download?

Either would be fine. The main reason we ask that you provide your sources is to avoid any possible issues regarding copyright.

[shakes the dust off his forum shoulder pads]

I would actually say list the sources in the post itself. It can be at the bottom in a smaller font but to be fair to the original sources/inspirations of your work a little tag line at the bottom does not seem to much to ask for :)

Thanks for the speedy responses!  Given the OP date I wasn't expecting a reply so fast.  :)

Okay, so, cool.  The bibliography may be very very long, but I'll stick it in a spoiler if that's okay.

Two more questions:

One, in the references, can I reference a whole website for providing around 100-200 photos, or should I link each photo individually? 

Also, many of my textures have multiple textures per block.  For example each stone has 77 (so far) textures.  When posting the pictures of the changes, how thorough should I be?

Thanks for the speedy responses!  Given the OP date I wasn't expecting a reply so fast.   :)

Okay, so, cool.  The bibliography may be very very long, but I'll stick it in a spoiler if that's okay.

Two more questions:

One, in the references, can I reference a whole website for providing around 100-200 photos, or should I link each photo individually? 

Also, many of my textures have multiple textures per block.  For example each stone has 77 (so far) textures.  When posting the pictures of the changes, how thorough should I be?

The spoiler tags would work perfectly. As to your questions I would say reference the website is fine there instead of the individual images. When the count is low from a site I would see it as like referencing an article in a magazine, its not a problem to say that article from that magazine (that photo from that site). When its referencing a large quantity (not necessarily a large proportion) from a single source then it would seem ok to say as found in a location, more of using an entire book's information instead of a chapter of it.

The multiple textures question is a bit more of a Hmmmm... One of my fav vanilla mod packs is Misa's mod pack which has well like you said, almost a hundred for each texture type to show variation. I would say pick a few to show (no more than four, as it is just a preview) and then leave the rest to text like 'Added in a new dozen quartz textures' or some such. Maybe keep a running total for the variations some where.

As for the quick response.. Kitty is very responsive on the forums and snags us as needed if we are taking too long. This just happens to be a post thread I am subscribed to because people deserve a quick response on something like this :)

Awesome, thanks for your help :)