Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
abandoned mines

ancient wonders (reconstruction project)

24 posts in this topic

hello everyone

after spending some time doing nothing but watching epicodes of lost worlds on the history channel i decided to start building some of the ancient worlds greatest structures and cities.

my challenge is for the people of the forums to construct your favorite ancient monuments and than show case them here for display.

i ll soon have pictures of some of my attempt at the great city of Troy, which the Greeks infamously annihilated.

anyone got ideas for other cities or super structures? later on i ll be trying Hadrians Wall and than Carthage (though that might take a while lol)

lets see yours.

On survival mode!

That would take foreverrrr. or if you were in smp, slightly less than forever.

As someone said in an unrelated forum:

Life is long and the sun is too bright

wait... reconstructing ALL OF IT? isn't hadrian's wall like... 120 km long?

wait... reconstructing ALL OF IT? isn't hadrian's wall like... 120 km long?

as someone smart once said

"Rome was not built in a night"

though i was only thinking of reconstructing a segment of it, with perhaps a gatehouse and barricks.

Yeah, i have to say, having built a 1:1 scale of the globe theater in a build comp in survival minecraft, it takes a lot of dedication to get it nice looking, after about 40 hours straight on the project, a buddy and i got i damn fine looking, we won both that one, and one after it :)

hello everyone

after spending some time doing nothing but watching epicodes of lost worlds on the history channel i decided to start building some of the ancient worlds greatest structures and cities.

my challenge is for the people of the forums to construct your favorite ancient monuments and than show case them here for display.

i ll soon have pictures of some of my attempt at the great city of Troy, which the Greeks infamously annihilated.

anyone got ideas for other cities or super structures? later on i ll be trying Hadrians Wall and than Carthage (though that might take a while lol)

lets see yours.

And the best ones will be included to ramdonly generate with the terrain. Yes????

I am going to construct the Hamaru section of Edo castle I think. It's a Japenese castle. The donjon was the highest ever at 50 meters. It burned down in the late 16th century from a lightning strike, so sad :(. Its a absoulutly gorgeus preice of architecture! I just need to find marble and a sutible spot before I can begin construction.

P.S, this project will be done as all my others are, in hardcore.

I always though it would be cool to recreate Giza to scale if i ever found a large enough desert. Or there are several Normand castles that would be neat to recreate, given an appropriate landscape.

as someone smart once said

"Rome was not built in a night"

though i was only thinking of reconstructing a segment of it, with perhaps a gatehouse and barricks.

Wasn't it a day?

i feel rather sad at the mo :(

my world was corrupted while i was upgrading and my structures were all lost

o well i ll rebuild them soon when i get my new computer all sorted out.

What would be really epic is if someone made a 1:1 scale map of England, and then we got all the forum people on there to build England as it is today.

What would be really epic is if someone made a 1:1 scale map of England, and then we got all the forum people on there to build England as it is today.

that would be the greatest map ever created o.o

perhaps we could build England in stages such as

stone age = stone henge, the mound builder structures

bronze age = droid temples and structures

roman period = londinia and Hadrian's wall

dark ages - middle ages

pre industrial

In creative you could do the cliffs of Dover

Or we could do a Dwarven Megaproject, and build em in survival.

if someone offered up a server for these sort of projects i would join in

if someone offered up a server for these sort of projects i would join in

Ooooh, yes! I love ridiculously oversized projects!

start posting some goddam pics :P

i shall when i have figured out why minecraft hates my new computer :(

i am playing at the mo on my fathers machine.

i will get the full specs of my new computer in the morning if anyone can help me

Yes, sir. Right away, sir. Please don't hit me, due to the delay, sir.

Part 1

~1:1 scale of the Parthenon. This was initially started in creative just to work out how I should make it in survival, but then finished for this thread. Since this was made just get the feel of it, this Parthenon isn't orientated east-west like its real life version.

Looking at the west side into the Treasury Room.

Posted Image

Looking up the columns, to where the West Pediment and some of the metopes will go.

Posted Image

I will be adding the East and West Pediments with CTM. I just need to work it out so they don't show up elsewhere in the world. The metopes will probably be added as paintings.

Looking from the back corner of the Treasury Room. Just an empty room with four pillars and a brazier I added to light up the center. FOV: Quake Pro

Posted Image

Looking at the east side into the naos. The roof isn't as completed as the west side's.

Posted Image

At the entrance to the naos.

Posted Image

Above the entrance, looking at my horrible Athena Parthenos.

Posted Image

Close-up of her.

Posted Image

I just told you she was horrible looking. After looking at some pictures of the Athena Parthenos again, I am certain the redone version will be easy to make look decent.

Back corner of the naos. FOV: 90

Posted Image

Same corner, from the balcony. FOV: 85

Posted Image

The attic. I'm going to have so much storage space.

Posted Image

Part 2

Looking across an entrance and down the side. Exactly the same for the other entrance and side. FOV: 88

Posted Image

Full side view. The roof hasn't finished being chiseled.

Posted Image

Showing off the roof's chiseled slope.

Posted Image

Outer ring slab steps.

Posted Image

Inner ring slab steps.

Posted Image

Other night shots.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Yes, sir. Right away, sir. Please don't hit me, due to the delay, sir.

Part 1

~1:1 scale of the Parthenon. This was initially started in creative just to work out how I should make it in survival, but then finished for this thread. Since this was made just get the feel of it, this Parthenon isn't orientated east-west like its real life version.

Looking at the west side into the Treasury Room.

Part 2

Looking across an entrance and down the side. Exactly the same for the other entrance and side. FOV: 88

creations like this are why i wanted bioxx to make the microblocks. Your parthenon could really benefit from it :)

Part 3 I guess...

The new, and much improved, Athena Parthenos. Had to remove part of the attic floor to make room for her head. Made it into a second balcony. Much better looking than the dark ceiling from before.

From the entrance.

Posted ImageI "cheated" and put torches in her stomach and chest. Since most of her is made of slabs, the light shines through and lights her up nicely.

Closer up.

Posted Image

Left arm and inside of shield.

Posted Image

Right arm and the winged Nike.

Posted Image

Close-up of face and crown/helm.

Posted Image

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0