Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Jed1314

This is tactical melee combat ! Age of Chivalry

21 posts in this topic

I just found this game and it strikes me as a great example of tactical melee combat.

Just something to look at for anyone who needs some inspiration or anything :)

http://www.chivalrythegame.com/#

It looks awesome :D

we will always have skyrim!

Eww....

"we will always have skyrim!"

I'm not sure this has anything to do with this. Skyrim has a horrible setup for melee combat and most of it boils down to the fact there really isnt a discernible difference between weapons, class, or defense. I might be missing something, but what Jed posted looks amazing in comparison.

For those that don't know, this is I'm pretty sure the new, retail version of a free source mod "Age of Chivalry". You can get that mod here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/17510/

You'll need to have bought a source engine valve game to play it. If someone really wants to try it and don't have one, I have a copy of portal that has been sitting in my inventory since I preordered portal 2 I can give them.

No GC, i believe this is entirely different, i thought the same thing when i first saw it.

That game looks really amazing. Combat like that in minecraft would be quite sexy.

So, this would also make the mace and the sword not IDENTICAL weapons?

So, this would also make the mace and the sword not IDENTICAL weapons?

This would be cool. The mace makes more damage, but is slower...and it can break enemy's legs :D

You could also look at Mount And Blade for inspiration, so far as I can tell Chivalry's is about the same basics.

For those that don't know, this is I'm pretty sure the new, retail version of a free source mod "Age of Chivalry". You can get that mod here: http://store.steampo....com/app/17510/

You'll need to have bought a source engine valve game to play it. If someone really wants to try it and don't have one, I have a copy of portal that has been sitting in my inventory since I preordered portal 2 I can give them.

No GC, i believe this is entirely different, i thought the same thing when i first saw it.

Actually, it is (if you like) the game of the mod. The dev team decided to make it into a full game :)

This would be cool. The mace makes more damage, but is slower...and it can break enemy's legs :D

Hmmm, not quite, but you get the idea :)

I am going to make a post on organic weapons programming. Go take a look when I finish it :)

Did some digging, and I'm certain it is. Just like how Day of Defeat, Red Orchestra, The Ship, etc. all went from mods to retail, the same is true here.

Going to www.age-of-chivalry.com will give a website saying "The battle between the agatha knights and mason order continue at www.chivalrythegame.com". Going to the mobDB page for AoC tells you the developer is Team Chivalry. Clicking on that dev's info will reveal:

Team Chivalry is an up-and-coming indie developer that created Age of Chivalry and the new Chivalry: Battle for Agatha game. They are a team comprised of experienced developers from both the modding community and games professional industry. Team Chivalry hopes to improve upon its signature first person medieval combat with Chivalry: Battle for Agatha. Its currently in development on the Unreal Engine 3 through the use of the UDK. Follow its development by visiting www.chivalrythegame.com

So yea, they're the same. I did try AoC way back when and I wasn't too impressed with it. Maybe I just didn't get it (quite possible, I recall it being pretty complex), but it seemed like it always turned out that the defending team won. Every round seemed like it was just a stalemate. Maybe it's the result of poor map balance or a lopsided teams, but that's all I really remember about it.

The standalone release for [Age of Chivalry] is called [Chivalry: Medieval Warfare]

The whole time I'm thinking "That armor they're wearing isn't doing a damn thing"

I could be wrong, but I'm not so sure you could dismember someone with one chop of a sword when you got chain and plate in the way...

Also a bit disappointed that the game has no trial version, I'll probably be skipping this one and play Air Buccaneers instead, which you don't even need to register for to play online B)

The standalone release for [Age of Chivalry] is called [Chivalry: Medieval Warfare]

Necro-bump.....

Necro-bump.....

<_< didn't see that the post before the last was posted long ago

another necro-bump (also i downloaded it, my pc cant handle anything but 520x480 which is retarded as hell given my normally decent gaming performance

DO WANT.

This would be amazing in Terrafirmacraft. It's a 3D version of the Dwarf Fortress combat and damage system!

A little battle wisdom : He who fights and runs away , lives to fight another day .