Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
zombiekingdom

Decaying Food Continued

21 posts in this topic

Hello, Today im bring forth semi-new ideas for TerraFirmaCraft. Some of them are expanding on other ideas such as Crysyn's food preservation ideas. Some will probably be my own, eventually. As Just_Another_guy_:) said the second two things would just be too incompatible so I removed the from the title. Also sorta of topic im wondering about making a TFC adventure map.

Rotting/Decaying Food

So the idea is! When ever you get food after about 2 days it starts to rot, at this point it would be unnoticeable by the sprite and and there would be a 20% chance that it gives you a small hunger affect, it would also give less chicken legs. Then on the third day of not

being cooked the rot is visible, and has a 30% chance to give the hunger affect and can poison you as well (this would be 50%.) Finally on the fourth day it would be uneatable and attracts zombies and spiders from farther away. When the food is cooked it is extended by one day.

Food Preservation

So, you would be able to find salt on beaches by large bodies of water. That can be rubbed on meat to dry it out, it is then it is placed in a three by three wooden room to dry. Or you can hang the meat outside for two Minecraft days. Then you get jerky which decays after 20 Minecraft days, on the 21 day the jerky heals 3 chicken legs instead of 4 legs. After 24 day it enters the rotting stage, described on the Rotting/Decaying Food Section.

There will be more added later as my head is always full of ideas!

Well, firstly, welcome to the forums, zombiekingdom, i hope you enjoy this place :3

Now, now, most of newbies simply forgot to look for other threads so they aren't reposting something already discussed, and i'm glad you didn't. However, finding other posts related to what you want to say is only the first part, the other part is posting in those threads what's related to them instead of creating a new topic. I hope you remember that next time you post something, 'cause in this case, you haven't got anything original in the post -so to speak-.

For the title, i can already shot down the weighted inventory idea. Sorry, but we just can't do this in a game like minecraft, were you move cubic meters of almost everything. If we did, you couldn't carry even one block of dirt. About the smaller inventory, i think it was shot down before because of the incompatibility issues it would carry, something the mod is trying to avoid -reason why it recently became a mods folder mod-.

And about the decaying food, i will let someone who knows what have been discussed in that thread to discuss your ideas, i don't know much about it...

Oh, and if you are going for pure realism, and want TFC to base some features on existing mods, you should take a look at the thrist mod :3

yeah, everything has already been suggested, the spoilage factor, the devs would LIKE to do, but they aren't sure exactly how to go about it, just wait, and it will come. (as well as a preservation mechanic)

yeah, everything has already been suggested, the spoilage factor, the devs would LIKE to do, but they aren't sure exactly how to go about it, just wait, and it will come. (as well as a preservation mechanic)

agree'd

weclome to the forums but you need to lurk a bit moar before you post things to make sure stuff like this doesnt happen

This was more extended ideas from other Suggestions. The Other ideas I Knew probably wouldnt work and I was Hoping for someone To Confirm it. Same with The smaller inventory. Also a Thirst Bar would be cool. Ill fix this Topic up when I have a Computer again, my Cooling Fan died.

This was more extended ideas from other Suggestions. The Other ideas I Knew probably wouldnt work and I was Hoping for someone To Confirm it. Same with The smaller inventory. Also a Thirst Bar would be cool. Ill fix this Topic up when I have a Computer again, my Cooling Fan died.

um did your shift key break too? you dont need to capitalize every other word

um did your shift key break too? you dont need to capitalize every other word

Um sorry I'm using a IPad and it loves caping every word. I have to manually decapitalize everything I guess I forgot to.

Well, firstly, welcome to the forums, zombiekingdom, i hope you enjoy this place :3

Now, now, most of newbies simply forgot to look for other threads so they aren't reposting something already discussed, and i'm glad you didn't. However, finding other posts related to what you want to say is only the first part, the other part is posting in those threads what's related to them instead of creating a new topic. I hope you remember that next time you post something, 'cause in this case, you haven't got anything original in the post -so to speak-.

For the title, i can already shot down the weighted inventory idea. Sorry, but we just can't do this in a game like minecraft, were you move cubic meters of almost everything. If we did, you couldn't carry even one block of dirt. About the smaller inventory, i think it was shot down before because of the incompatibility issues it would carry, something the mod is trying to avoid -reason why it recently became a mods folder mod-.

And about the decaying food, i will let someone who knows what have been discussed in that thread to discuss your ideas, i don't know much about it...

Oh, and if you are going for pure realism, and want TFC to base some features on existing mods, you should take a look at the thrist mod :3

And get accused of necroing a thread, you really can't satisfy some people. lol

but anyway, more relevant, is there a good thirst mod still out there for the last couple versions? The one I'd liked has seemed to have development dry up.

For the title, i can already shot down the weighted inventory idea. Sorry, but we just can't do this in a game like minecraft, were you move cubic meters of almost everything. If we did, you couldn't carry even one block of dirt.

Ah, but that implies that steve is a normal guy-he isn't. He carries mountains and forests around in his pockets. He's fucking superman.

Steve can carry about 44513280 kilos.

Yeah.

but anyway, more relevant, is there a good thirst mod still out there for the last couple versions? The one I'd liked has seemed to have development dry up.

ahahahahahaha the puns on this guy...

why not add thirst to regular TFC

This has been explained many times now, recently infact, that Necro = irrelevant bump, Revive = relevant content that is useful.

sigh... shall I copypasta my paragraphs from the old food-rotting thread, or just direct this guy to it?

Copypasta :D

Copypasta :D

mmmmmmmmmm....

is it weird that that actually sounds delicious to me?

damn now i want me some copypasta

The answer is both simple and horribly evil - add damage bars to food items, and prevent them from stacking. Damage values decrease on a hidden internal timer unique to each type of food (raw chicken would rot far quicker than bread, for example). Cooking, smoking, or otherwise preserving foods yields a new item with a severely slower timer and/or higher damage value, which depending on the food could either start at maximum again or start with a percentage of durability missing equal to the item it was created from.

And since I can already hear the torches being lit and pitchforks raised, this would also come with several new in-world storage blocks unique to certain food groups, such as larders, grain silos, pantries, and so on. These would have relatively massive inventories which, like vanilla chests, can be expanded by placing multiple adjacent blocks. Silos only connect upward, pantries are build in-world like a bloomery, larder algorithms recognize all adjacently connected larder blocks out to 3 from the start, etc

But that doesn't solve how you get your food there to begin with, when meat no longer stacks and your freshly killed cow just dropped you 22 beef items - well, enter butchery.

The meat storage areas would have to be relatively close to your pens, so that when the butchery UI is implemented you can just quickly take some meat, store it, take some meat, store it, etc... and be decently quick about it. Else you could also separate a cow from the herd via meta (as in you, the player) wrangling skills (perhaps rope, crafted in the inventory by itself, could yield a lasso that could function on land mobs the way the fishing rods currently do?) to separate a cow/pig/chicken from the herd/flock, and bring it to your pre-prepared butchering area. A UI makes the entire process far more simple than it would be without, which I imagine will come as a welcome relief.

Also, idk how you're going to DEAL with the butchery thing, but I'm imagining killing a mob will end up spawning a 'dead mob' block that can be right-clicked. If that's the case, perhaps carnivore AI should be adjusted with a hunger bar like the player's, only obviously invisible. At >60% hunger, carnivores will only aggro if approached, including other mobs - at 60-26% hunger, carnivore mobs will actively seek out passive mobs, kill one, and then stay next to the block and slowly deplete the raw meat from its UI, filling up its hunger bar correspondingly until it's full - if hunger is still under 60% after the mob has no meat left, the carnivore will then attack another mob. Carnivores with >=25% hunger will also actively seek out and attack other carnivores and the player. This way, early Homo Stevians will probably derive his first sustenance from half-rotted remains of other carnivore's kills.

Since I can easily see 2 or 3 bears taking out an entire - rather important - herd of passives, perhaps passive mob herd size should also be increased slightly, and their AI set to include staying away from carnivores if possible. They shouldn't ALWAYS be able to get away or else the carnivores all die instead, but you get my point.

The possibilities are fairly extreme

[Edit:] Jesus srg, you didn't have to like this 42 times...

Posted Image

Oh my lord... Eternal, THIS is why you are my favorite poster (Jed is great too, just not quite as funny in an asshole way)

Posted Image

ehrm, i have now lost all appetite for copypasta

Oh my lord... Eternal, THIS is why you are my favorite poster (Jed is great too, just not quite as funny in an asshole way)

I'm so hurt :P

Nah, Eternal is much funnier than me :L .. I am a serious guy all the time (at least on this forum :L) so I accept I'll never reach the dizzying heights of forum infamy that Eternal has :P

laughing my ass off so hard right now

you don't even know

laughing my ass off so hard right now

you don't even know

well you may need to go to the hospital to have it reattached when you're done