Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Jed1314

Organic Combat Programming

54 posts in this topic

Maybe eventually, but this is still page 2 >.<

eventually is relative

NERD TALK

BLAHBLAHBLAHTRADINGCARDGAMESBLAHD&DBLAHSCIENCEBLAH

...Sorry, but hasn't this kind of thing been discussed to death?

I don't think the devs need any more imput.

No, it hasn't, and speaking of nerd talk...

Posted Image

That was amazing.

I will now proceed to like your post multiple times through magic.

Ahem boys, enough Dnd talk, This was an excellent suggestion, i would like to see more relevant content on the matter,

I feel compelled to slap you for that comparison

Dammit, I didn't mean it like that. The word "biox" Actually refers to a type of "notch" used in wooden handles of acient stone age tools. I wasn't even talking about Notch, although that is funny. Why would I ever compare the two when Bioxx kicks ass?

No, it hasn't, and speaking of nerd talk...

Posted Image

ah this is turning into one of those threads

You say that like it's a bad thing... but seriously, do critic the OP, it was well written and thought out.

You say that like it's a bad thing... but seriously, do critic the OP, it was well written and thought out.

oh its not bad its just i know nothing relevant is ever going to be done here

Well, it's like every other realistic combat suggestion, but with crushing and a bit more feasible from a coders perspective.

If this is to be implemented, we should get realistic damage alongside (just my 2 cents).

...*slap*

I feel that was deserved. I'll go think about what I've done :(

Another Jed tier post. Top Bioxx as always (Bioxx is synonym for notch, c wat I did there?). Couldn't agree more! I really think bleeding should be a damage form too...

Haha :P Thanks :), Bioxx is awesome. Notch sucks. That is the difference :) I left out effects, such as bleeding, crippling etc. because they are a whole other kettle of fish. I do have an idea though which I will add to the OP.

Nooooo ! My new and reasonably decent suggestion has been ponied already ? T.T .. I should just give up on this internet business :L

Nooooo ! My new and reasonably decent suggestion has been ponied already ? T.T .. I should just give up on this internet business :L

no not just the ponies, the complete and utter random shit that's popping up

Well, it's like every other realistic combat suggestion, but with crushing and a bit more feasible from a coders perspective.

If this is to be implemented, we should get realistic damage alongside (just my 2 cents).

I dunno, I would argue it has been made with the coders in mind with the aim of fitting the features to them and not the other way around :)

I have added some more detail to the OP :)

Posted Image

You just got PWNIED.

Posted Image

lols, nah its okay eternal leave him be, let him join of his own free will, it's always better that way

lols, nah its okay eternal leave him be, let him join of his own free will, it's always better that way

My girlfriend tried, and she had double D's and blowjobs on her side.

In summary, you will fail :P

P.s. Finally added effects to OP.

My girlfriend tried, and she had double D's and blowjobs on her side.

In summary, you will fail :P

P.s. Finally added effects to OP.

never said we were going to try and make you join, but you will...eventually......

i love how i've gotten over 60 posts down today, and most of them were totally irrelavent like this one

Back on topic...

Scimitar: +3 Slashing, +0 Stabbing, +1 Parry, +0 Crushing

Longsword: +1 Stabbing, +1 Slashing, + 2 Parry, +0 Crushing

Knife: +2 Stabbing, +.5 Slashing, +0 Parry, +0 Crushing

Axe: +0 Stabbing, +2 Slashing, +.05 Parry, +2 Crushing

Mace: +0 Stabbing, +1 Slashing, +1 Parry, +3 Crushing

Every weapon has their strengths and weaknesses.

... damn, why every single time i see the word "Scimitar", an image of my first rune scimitar in Runescape comes to my mind?

... damn, why every single time i see the word "Scimitar", an image of my first rune scimitar in Runescape comes to my mind?

Too much runescape in your earlier life? :D

Back on topic...

Scimitar: +3 Slashing, +0 Stabbing, +1 Parry, +0 Crushing

Longsword: +1 Stabbing, +1 Slashing, + 2 Parry, +0 Crushing

Knife: +2 Stabbing, +.5 Slashing, +0 Parry, +0 Crushing

Axe: +0 Stabbing, +2 Slashing, +.05 Parry, +2 Crushing

Mace: +0 Stabbing, +1 Slashing, +1 Parry, +3 Crushing

Every weapon has their strengths and weaknesses.

Yes, but I don't completely agree with your numbers. I think they should just be defined as one damage type, and if it needs a second (swords), shift-click for alt damage type. This would be for the more awkward attack style (stabbing for swords designed for slashing). Parry should be better defined too, I think what you mean is block. Parrying is essentially attacking an opponents attack, and while it should be added, cannot really be defined by weapon (more like attack force). Blocking, however, can be defined by the the surface area on any side of the weapon, and should take damage when successful, so structure and angle would affect how long it can block for.

Thanks for the feedback, I was just trying to spark some ideas with those numbers, nothing really set in stone there. I like the simplicity of having 2 attack modes for each weapon, but since there are more than 2 types of attacks one can think of, the game could just exclude one type for the appropriate weapons. (like for axe, it won't take stabbing into account, just primary slash and secondary crush)

because, back when we were all like 8 years old, Runescape was the shit

Thanks for the feedback, I was just trying to spark some ideas with those numbers, nothing really set in stone there. I like the simplicity of having 2 attack modes for each weapon, but since there are more than 2 types of attacks one can think of, the game could just exclude one type for the appropriate weapons. (like for axe, it won't take stabbing into account, just primary slash and secondary crush)

Actually, if you really break it down, there are only two types of attack: a swing and a thrust. You muddled damage types and attack types there :)

It's good that you are trying to think though :)

Here is an example of what I was thinking:

Axe: swung

S- 1 Cr- 3 Cl- 8 P- 0

Spear: thrust

S- 3 Cr- 0 Cl- 0 P- 7

Again, numbers are just examples :)

Actually, if you really break it down, there are only two types of attack: a swing and a thrust. You muddled damage types and attack types there :)

S- 1 Cr- 3 Cl- 8 P- 0

S- 3 Cr- 0 Cl- 0 P- 7

True, a crush is like an overhand swing, with a heavy object.

S- 1 Cr- 3 Cl- 8 P- 0

S- 3 Cr- 0 Cl- 0 P- 7

Something more of what I was thinking was:

Template- (attack type)damage type[damage/effectiveness based on weapon]{button}

(ex. Arrow[high] might deal less damage than Spear[high] even though they are both (thrust)piercing[high], because damage is based on attack type, weight of weapon, strength, and design of tool head)

Axe- (swing)Cleaving[high]{left click}, (swing)Crushing[med]{right click}, (thrust)Crushing[low]{shift left click}

Spear- (thrust) Piercing[high]{left click}, (thrust) Piercing[med]{right click}, (swing)Crushing[low]{shift right click}