Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Whovian

NEI plugin

21 posts in this topic

I was just wondering if there was any possibility of making an NEI plugin so NEI can recognize the various ways to obtain stuff. For instance, so it can recognize the various knapping recipes.

I was just wondering if there was any possibility of making an NEI plugin so NEI can recognize the various ways to obtain stuff. For instance, so it can recognize the various knapping recipes.

well im sure it's possible, but yeah, why dont you figure things out on your own instead of looking things up with NEI?

i think it makes it much more fun when you figure something out

Not that it couldn't be made... but, it would be kind of cheaty, wouldn't it? :P You can argue that it already shows recipes for crafting, smelting, and even things from other mods -i myself use the RP2 plugin for it-. But in those cases, the recipes contain multiple items; in this case is just drawing a tool head, something you can easily figure out. And if you don't, the wiki is always there.

You could also say that's not my decision wherever chickenbones makes or not a plugin for it, and while that's true, he just can't do it if Bioxx doesn't allows him to.

Finally, you could finally say that i'm being pretty hipocrite, because i myself use a plugin of NEI for another mod. And i would ask, what's the relation? ._.

On the bright side, welcome to the forums :)

Not that it couldn't be made... but, it would be kind of cheaty, wouldn't it? :P You can argue that it already shows recipes for crafting, smelting, and even things from other mods -i myself use the RP2 plugin for it-. But in those cases, the recipes contain multiple items; in this case is just drawing a tool head, something you can easily figure out. And if you don't, the wiki is always there.

You could also say that's not my decision wherever chickenbones makes or not a plugin for it, and while that's true, he just can't do it if Bioxx doesn't allows him to.

Finally, you could finally say that i'm being pretty hipocrite, because i myself use a plugin of NEI for another mod. And i would ask, what's the relation? ._.

So, yeah, -1.

nah i woundnt give him a -1

its just personal prefference, I think its a little bit of cheatsauce just to look up all the recepies, it makes sence in tekkit and technic, but in a mod that's trying for beleivability, it just doesn make sense

but welcom to the forums Whovian

ps. 700 posts woo!

I feel so small and insignificant compared to the rest of you.

Must... Post... Moar...

I feel so small and insignificant compared to the rest of you.

Must... Post... Moar...

lools its okay, some people here have been on forever and have less posts than you

Now that you mention it... damn, Srg, a week ago you were 500 posts under me D: what a hell happened here?

Now that you mention it... damn, Srg, a week ago you were 500 posts under me D: what a hell happened here?

oh wow i just realised that too, damn i've been active here

Thanks! Hopefully I'll have a chance to learn a bit more about this mod, wasn't expecting cave-ins, for some reason.

Anyways, I do understand your reasoning and will not pester anyone to make a plugin. :P

If someone wants to make a plugin, please don't include the anvil part, because this isn't a game of numbers...

they couldn't include the anvil part anyway, every single world you make has different anvil "recipes" for the forged items, so it would be kind of difficult to add a pseudo-random recipe in a plugin, don't you think?

they couldn't include the anvil part anyway, every single world you make has different anvil "recipes" for the forged items, so it would be kind of difficult to add a pseudo-random recipe in a plugin, don't you think?

Technically, if the world "remembers" the recipes, then theoretically a plugin/mod should be able to read whatever file it is stored in, and show it to you. If it is randomized every time you put an unworked ingot and a pattern in the anvil, then yes it would be impossible(though I dislike absolutes, as there will always be someone who thinks it's not true. xD) for the plugin to tell you the recipe.(Not even sure it should be called a recipe, but the word will have to do. xD)

HAHA, Bioxx thinks at all!!

If it truly is like this, it could just compute the recipe with the same starting seed.

I think it's not seed depending, someone said it was depending on something else...? i don't know ._. i know it is different which each world

The ratio needs to change, because from where the two lines match up, it's the same on every world.

oh wow i just realised that too, damn i've been active here

Good girl. *headpat*

Good girl. *headpat*

-squees contentedly-

I MUST SHARE THIS

What is this... I don't even.... But i approve lol.