Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
JackZaitsev

Question about the future of the mod...

11 posts in this topic

So i love TFCraft for a variaty of reasons thats certain so i will not delve into this much but i have a question that that f¨%&*R$$% search button haven't been able to answer for me...

Until what point TFC will advance (tecnology wise) on the blocky world of minecraft?

and by that i mean i know you guys have said that its gonna stay in the older ages and stuff and you know what? thats terrific because i love medieval stuff but what kind of ideas about the future (of the mod) you guys are having (answers from the developers will be much apreciated here if they can of course).

ok guys lets discus without raging for i am kinda new to the forums and i really think that this community has alot of potential!

Thanks....

I've heard it said that the mod is not intended to go industrial. I think steam engine would be the absolutle highest but I doubt that will get added. Once you have any type of energy, it opens up a whole new technology tree. The nether is expected to resemble something completly different, possibly a greek theme underworld.

TFC is an ever evolving work in progress, its direction can change on a whim if Bioxx has such a whim.

That being said there has been mention at the posibility of mechanical and industrial ages, which might be worked into the mod after the current plans they have for it are worked out.

Basically we are in beta 2, which is the work out for the different crops and things of that nature. B3 is then all the stuff pertaining to the civilizations and politics and such, the thread in reference to it is at the top of the suggestion forum. After that only Bioxx really knows.

I made this image a few weeks back trying to explain what I, personally, would like to play. It also conveniently shows the timespan that TFC does (or at least plans) to occupy.

Posted Image

(Vanilla also extends into the "magic" direction (and Equivalent Exchange shoots off like a rocket down that way) which I don't much care for. I tollerate it, but would rather see the game go in other directions.)

</personal opinion>

Vanilla also has (pseudo-) electricity with redstone.

It powers lamps, note blocks and can be used to build computers.

Vanilla also has (pseudo-) electricity with redstone.

It powers lamps, note blocks and can be used to build computers.

I classify that under "magic" but you are correct. It's like electricity, but when I drew that diagram up, I was thinking more along the lines of how Industrial Craft and Build Craft use EU and Power (engines and redstone pipe), respectively. That is, a resource that Makes Things Do Stuff for automation purposes, rather than computerized logic.

Also, I take back not wanting Magic in my Minecraft. I resent some forms of it (particularly where "free infinite resources" are concerned, cough Tekkit*), but there are some changes which I'd be OK with. I make this statement as I have just bumped into Mystcraft which has linking books. Being someone who's always wanted a game where you could write your own linking books, this mod scratches a particular itch that I'm willing to put aside certain objections.

Also, the hilariousness of trapping yourself in an alternate age, creating unstable ages and watching them collapse, so on and so forth is just awesome.

*IC does have the ability, but automating the process requires at a minimum Build Craft. Red Power may also work, RP + BC make it crazy easy as you can automate the process of opening the scrap boxes and sifting the results. EE also makes the task trivial when combined with IC. This is why if I were to "combine" TFC with IC, I'd be removing several aspects of IC. Namely anything nuclear, as well as the Mass Fabricator, undecided over the recycler (having a use for a chest of cobble = good thing. Allowing free resources by adding a cobble generator = not a good thing).

If I recall it was mentioned somewhere that the current cutoff is 1600 AD, with the lost advanced technology (for the ages that followed and the 1600 AD cutoff, at least) used by the greeks being a point of debate.

And I think dunk first thought that the nether would become a giant cave with no natural light, then decided it would become volcanic with acid rain or something like that.

I made this image a few weeks back trying to explain what I, personally, would like to play. It also conveniently shows the timespan that TFC does (or at least plans) to occupy.

Posted Image

(Vanilla also extends into the "magic" direction (and Equivalent Exchange shoots off like a rocket down that way) which I don't much care for. I tollerate it, but would rather see the game go in other directions.)

</personal opinion>

I personally would want a magic line just as much as the industrial one, ic and buildcraft although seem pretty much magical to me, all the automation without programming, thankfully tfc has the precedent for building structures that serve greater purposes rather than just a little magic box that creates quarries for example.

I personally would want a magic line just as much as the industrial one, ic and buildcraft although seem pretty much magical to me, all the automation without programming, thankfully tfc has the precedent for building structures that serve greater purposes rather than just a little magic box that creates quarries for example.

True, it is "kind of" magical, but not overly so. I think of it more like an abstraction, same as the fact that there are no round objects in minecraft.

Could it use more detail?

Maybe.

But the mods as-is aren't any more magical than vanilla.

"fact that there are no round objects in minecraft."

Compass... Clock... Pie(1.4)

and dont start on pixelated images....

On Topic: Personally, I want to see this mod reach at least late industrial age(1800's)not right now, but

later. this viewpoint may change, but I do want to see steam locomotion, the introduction to fossil fuels, etc. We don't necessarily need the computer age or space age level, just as far as industrial.

"fact that there are no round objects in minecraft."

Compass... Clock... Pie(1.4)

and dont start on pixelated images....

More of a long running joke >..>

I meant things like trees.