Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
GismoT

Fintite/Infinte water

22 posts in this topic

I dont know if its intended or a bug, so please excuse it, if it is and comment, so i know it is not a bug =)

i tried to make a water ditch, so i took my tfc buckets and went to the sea

after righclicking the sea, the bucket is filled, but it also deleted the water blocks of the sea, so i kinda ruined my beach, since placing the finite water wont fix the mess

Well, when picking the water up, it is intended to be finite, and as far as I know, it is meant to take away the source block you picked up as well.

Generally, if the water block you pick up is only one block deep(as in the water you pick is directly above sand, gravel or any other block) and has at least two water sourceblocks next to it, it should be fine, as vanilla sourceblocks can still create infinite water, it is only placed water that cannot. Hopefully this will help prevent ruining your beach next time.

As to fix your beach right now, just place blocks under the empty blocks that used to contain water, the water flow from the remaining source blocks should do the rest, unless you took away blocks that had only one sourceblock next to it, in which case it will be tricky or impossible to fill it up as it originally was.

If there is something playing together with my friends have taught me it is to manipulate waterflow in minecraft...They are like a plague to my oceans, leaving small whirlpools wherever they go, not to mention that they flood half the city by accident when miss-clicking with a bucket of water. xD

off topic me thinks but is there any changes to how water behaves planed for the future or it is a feature working as intended?

yes i am too curious...

From what I've read, though do not quote me on this as I can't say for sure, liquids are intended to be finite, because it is more realistic, and I think also as some kind of balance against sluices(otherwise you could create sluices at any location, regardless of depth/altitude, or being biomes away from the nearest body of water). If all natural spawning water is to be changed to finite as well I have no clue, and I'm not even sure if it's possible.

There has been talk of finite solids, though if that was only fans discussing it or the devs actually had a say in it I can't remember at the moment. This was discussed as a countermeasure against dirt/gravel/sand pillars.

One important thing to remember is that if oceans were to be changed, thus making water sourceblocks disappear altogether, sluices would have to be reworked for one. I doubt that any changes like these, if they are even considered, have a very high priority at the moment. Currently, agriculture is the main focus, and when that is done it's time for the kingdoms. (See Kingdoms Brainstorming in the suggestions section for more information on that topic.)

Just take water from the corner so it fills up again on its own taking advantage of a vanilla MC exploit

i did all that, it was a corner + 1 block deep water

so its a bug then ?

It's a bug in vanilla minecraft. A fix is here:

http://www.minecraft...ropagation-fix/

Someone posted about it recently on reddit also, and asked Dinnerbone to fix it, but I don't think it caught his attention.

If you read the decompiled code in the spoilers on that page, it's pretty clear that it is supposed to fill in holes like this with source blocks, but there's just a careless off-by-one error that keeps it from working.

highly sugest you guys check it out if you didn't already

any way something along those lines being implemented?

i keep thinking about the fisics of rivers i think that terrafirma should try to change the way they work that will be alot of fun to have actual rivers in minecraft...

i keep thinking about the fisics of rivers i think that terrafirma should try to change the way they work that will be alot of fun to have actual rivers in minecraft...

Because of the way minecraft uses chunks and very poorly uses available system resources a real actual flowing finite liquid river is basically impossible.

Liquid would basically have to be written to know all possible chunks on the world and then calculate volumes across all ov them all the time, and then to not freeze the server with calculations it would have to run across all available threads on all available processors, and then you would still only get about 1 tick per 30 seconds instead of 20 per second that is default.

The way Djoslin got around this is 2 types of finite liquid, ocean and not ocean. Ocean blocks stay the same, you can not raise or lower the ocean. If you chip into the side of it it will endlessly flow out to fill the void. If you pour into it it will consume all the liquid and remain level. And even this is a hugh resource hog. When the liquids are stable its pretty much normal opperation, but very much finite water starts moveing about and its lag city.

p-h-y-s-i-c-s

</spelling nazi>

kkkkk if you are really a grammar nazy you should folow my posts... sure you'll have alot of fun in then kkkkkkkkkk

Follow, with two Ls, indeed.

Also, nazi, with an I.

Also, alot is better than you at everything.

look i was just making a joke did not know you where such a dick i am from brazil and i learned english by myself so i think you shouldn't take things so seriously next time

i was hopping this to be a good comunity with tolerance and such you are proving otherwise...

anyway hope i did not ofend you in any way it was not my intention..

cheers

I wouldn't worry about it Jack, I'm sure he's just kidding with you. If not, he'll have a lot of fun with my name....

I wasn't offended. I never am.

But I'd like to see people use the language properly. I do give allowances for non-native speakers, but I'll still point out errors so they can better their use of the language.

(Also, yes, my second corrective post was in jest, as should have been realized from the alot article)

I wasn't offended. I never am.

But I'd like to see people use the language properly. I do give allowances for non-native speakers, but I'll still point out errors so they can better their use of the language.

(Also, yes, my second corrective post was in jest, as should have been realized from the alot article)

now you give us allowance? ok but this sounds a little out of place in a forum about a game in the internet its not like we are doing something that needs to be completely correct all the time and i hope you dont take this the wrong way but who are you to give or deny allowances?

now ok lets finish this discution and go back on topic...

sorry if i sounded rude or anything,,,

now you give us allowance?

I mean that I realize that non-native speakers aren't going to have the same fluency that a native speaker should have.

I mean that I realize that non-native speakers aren't going to have the same fluency that a native speaker should have.

sorry for coming so strong on you man i see now that you where jesting... i am sorry for calling you a dick i should have waited for the stress of work to wear off before coming into the forums...

hope we can still be friends to play this awesome mod?

see no grammar mistakas!!! be proud of me...

kkkk

Other than not using capital letter :P

But very nice.

kkkkk you missed "mistakas"!!!!

kkk

kkkkk you missed "mistakas"!!!!

Never said I was perfect. ;)