Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.

Clay texture not working?

13 posts in this topic

After sort of 2 hours around lakes, oceans and rivers I still hadn't found clay. So I decided to make a new world and take a look at it through creative, so I grabbed the items with the old (from version 1) clay texture and put those down, but they looked like dirt from forests with no indication of clay existing in them.

Could anyone help me out? Is this the right block? Is there some other clay giving block? How else can i find clay?

After sort of 2 hours around lakes, oceans and rivers I still hadn't found clay. So I decided to make a new world and take a look at it through creative, so I grabbed the items with the old (from version 1) clay texture and put those down, but they looked like dirt from forests with no indication of clay existing in them.

Could anyone help me out? Is this the right block? Is there some other clay giving block? How else can i find clay?

Is there some gray matter in the dirt?

It is bugged, it will be fixed in the next version. So basically, clay is still there, it just looks identical to grass. Dunno if it drops clay as it should, haven't gotten around to testing that part yet.

Anybody else think maybe clay should be just around most every coastline?

It is bugged, it will be fixed in the next version. So basically, clay is still there, it just looks identical to grass. Dunno if it drops clay as it should, haven't gotten around to testing that part yet.

I checked, it drops clay. It just looks like Dirt.

I think this is a pretty big bug. I tried pretty hard last night to find clay by just guessing where it may be. I was unsuccessful :(. I noticed that the clay texture fix is now listed in the version 50 change log. In fact the change log hints that the problem only occurs when the clay block has grass, but that's not what 99887 reported.

If version 50 adds a lot of content, then I hope Bioxx will put out a version 49k with just the bugfixes. Not everyone wants to be playing the "bleeding edge", and I just don't see 49j as playable until redwood tree felling and the clay textures are fixed.

I have 49j and personally I don't have problems finding clay. Strangely I haven't that bug.

In fact the change log hints that the problem only occurs when the clay block has grass, but that's not what 99887 reported.

That was exactly what I reported, I'm pretty sure clay doesn't exist as any other form (or i couldn't find it in the creative inventory)

I'm on the same boat as thewolf277 hasn't happened to me at all...

That was exactly what I reported, I'm pretty sure clay doesn't exist as any other form (or i couldn't find it in the creative inventory)

Well, clay kind of exists in two forms, just as dirt does. There's a version without grass and a version with it.

According to the change log, the version without grass works, the version with grass on the top needed a fix.

I assumed that you placed the version without grass, but I guess the creative inventory would show both versions.

Well, clay kind of exists in two forms, just as dirt does. There's a version without grass and a version with it.

According to the change log, the version without grass works, the version with grass on the top needed a fix.

I assumed that you placed the version without grass, but I guess the creative inventory would show both versions.

Not properly. I found the clay thanks to a clay block with grass on it. So...

Weird. According to NEI, the only blocks called "clay" have a clay texture, not a dirt. So I can report that all clay seems to work.

Well, it matters little now. Version 50 (actually 50c now) is out, and from the change log, it has very few new features, but lots of bug fixes. I think that it still uses the same biome layout as 49j, so there's no reason to not get the new version.

50c seems like a great version to have its own codename, but it does not. I am disappoint.