Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
loquid

my first stone pick...?

15 posts in this topic

I dont know if this is the right place to post this, but here it is all the same. (move to right section if it needs it)

Help...! please.

Ive been playing TFC for a few days now and its starting to get verry frustrating. i have started the game, found a nice spot, and have begun the settleing down process. but the one process that seems to be evading me is how do i get my first pickaxe???!

I know how to make axes, shovels, javelins, and knives. But it seems that the ability to make a pickaxe out of two stones like you can everything else has been removed. ive tried the recipie more times than i care to count in every possible position on the interface and still no pick.

I know i need plans to make metal picks and an anvil to hammer them out. but the biggest hurdle is how do i make that FIRST pick to go gathering actual resources to make metal items (i.e. dig out veins of or and get stone) I also know i need an anvil to hammer out materials with a hammer and even weld ingots together using flux. to me there seems to be a huge dissconnect in how this is done... you need an anvil but to make an anvil you need unbroken stone, but to get unbroken stone you need a pickaxe and to make a pickaxe you need an anvil... so i am stuck with the age old quesiont which came first the anvil or the pick?

can someone please tell me how to make my first pick. im playing with 49f presently.

You have to gather ore nuggets from the ground and sluices. Then melt them into an ingot for use in crafting your first pickaxe.

In other words, there is no spoo... I mean stone pickaxe.

ok. i understand that and i have ore. so since i need unbroken stone to make my first anvil and i need a pick to collect the unbroken stone. the question still eludes me of how to get my first pick.

Right click on a chunk of stone with your hammer.

Raw stone, in the world, you can just dig until you hit stone and use it, you don't need to remove it.

You can then use your first picaxe to get raw stone and put it wherever you want, next to the forge/blooer/firepit, that is

i used a stone in the wild then made a chisel and picked it up took it home now am sitting pretty good. i found that alot of guides and lets plays are very outdated! even the wiki is rough around the edges..

My first anvil was a granite stone surrounded by dirt and with nothing below it. It was just waiting me.

New relevant feature: Only raw Igneous rocks can be used as anvils. All other rocks will simply sit there and laugh at you.

New relevant feature: Only raw Igneous rocks can be used as anvils. All other rocks will simply sit there and laugh at you.

Yes. I discovered that feature when I "LUCKILY" spawned in the middle of a limestone biome. An useful stone for the flux, but not even a damned anvil.

I've heard people here say this is false, I've heard people say it was true, atm I have used only igneous rocks, no others have worked, but I was told it was just bugged and to retry after logging on and off until it did work, I'm of the feeling that these people were running an old version or otherwise wrong, but some have insisted.

I've heard people here say this is false, I've heard people say it was true, atm I have used only igneous rocks, no others have worked, but I was told it was just bugged and to retry after logging on and off until it did work, I'm of the feeling that these people were running an old version or otherwise wrong, but some have insisted.

Read the change log for v49:

• Stone anvils are now semi permanent. As long as a hammer is in the hammer slot when you leave the gui, it will stay an anvil, otherwise it will revert to w/e stone type it was before. It is no longer tied to the dominate rock layer but the Igneous Intrusive/Extrusive restriction is back in effect. Stone anvils also render the hammer icon on the surface(This was more or less a test but I liked the look so it stays).

The Igneous restriction was in place, then gone, and then came back.

Read the change log for v49:

The Igneous restriction was in place, then gone, and then came back.

and running my server on 49... something, at least the part about stone anvils with hammers not vanishing was definitely false, so just using that as a guideline ends up with me looking stupid.