Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
abandoned mines

bee hives (for food and crop polination)

53 posts in this topic

Yes, probably. But only if fishes like it.

It could be a special kind of somewhat-rare bait, which could allow certain, semi-rare fish to be caught.

Worms and other such things should be the main fish bait.

okey okey. but it would be nothing like forestry, you dont just pop bees in a machine and boom honey, it would have to be much more complex

+1 for more complexity

and thanks for agreeing i like beekeeping and think it can be made to be one of those server resources that people that dont know how or dont have the means to get (in the surrounding area) trade for with other people in the server!

so how do you guys think it should be implemented?

and lets try to think out of the (forestry coff..) box for a whille!

and lets try to think out of the (forestry coff..) box for a while!

Currently we aren't in the (forestry coff...) box, because we are suggesting a very different kind of bees and the crop polination is a very good part that this mod needs, not to be R... but only to have fun while playing. When you get up in the morning you can see these bees. You think "what a beautiful day". Of course if you are allergic to bee stings you want to kill them.

However these bees are not going to produce industrial srings, mossy cobble or other crazy things...

use it as a bait for fishing? (ok i got stop thinking about fishing)

that way we can link things toggether like the use of crops to feed the animals kind of thing...

that way we can link things toggether like the use of crops to feed the animals kind of thing...

Yes, and maybe if the animals are free and hungry, they destroy all your garden. Especially pigs.

This will also force you to kill them in the early game, making animals more difficult to manage...Whoops...I'm off-topic.

We want also new flowers for the bees, don't you think? Now I don't know what types, but before or after they will appear.

Yes, and maybe if the animals are free and hungry, they destroy all your garden. Especially pigs.

This will also force you to kill them in the early game, making animals more difficult to manage...Whoops...I'm off-topic.

We want also new flowers for the bees, don't you think? Now I don't know what types, but before or after they will appear.

Bees should be attracted to flowers and roses. So if you're in a mountainous area without flowers there won't be too many bees, but if you're in a jungle or something you might have to worry about bees slightly more.

Bees should be attracted to flowers and roses. So if you're in a mountainous area without flowers there won't be too many bees, but if you're in a jungle or something you might have to worry about bees slightly more.

wohoho...late post much?

wohoho...late post much?

Hopefully under the threshold for being considered a "gravedig/revival"

Hopefully under the threshold for being considered a "gravedig/revival"

well "reviving" a thread isnt a bad thing

the bad thing is when you "necro" a thread by reviving it by taying something like "i liek dis stehrf"

Bees would certainly help make the world seem more alive. (pigs, cows, chicken, and sheep don't cut it). But would honey really be useful enough to code it in (instead of some other feature)?

Just gonna leave this here...

Posted Image

... and yes, bees, mead, honey, wax, and pollination in agriculture are all ideas I can stand behind.

Like this idea, it would be cool if the bees were mobs that spawned in like any other, then they would come togheter with other mobs and build from any overhanging block(meaning you could get a bee infestation inside a building if you left it unattended) you could transfer bee's to an artificial hive and harvest honey an stuff.

Also

Like this idea, it would be cool if the bees were mobs that spawned in like any other, then they would come togheter with other mobs and build from any overhanging block(meaning you could get a bee infestation inside a building if you left it unattended) you could transfer bee's to an artificial hive and harvest honey an stuff.

yo dawg i heard you like bees, so i put some bees in your eyes so you can bee while you see

I prefer DF-style apiaries, because it requires the player to put in the work of actually maintaining more than one hive at once. Nothing against Forestry, but... A lot against Forestry. It's a good adaptation of bees within vMC, but it definitely wouldn't fit here.

Also, DF-style apiaries would be much easier to manufacture (player-side. No idea as to the coding aspect of either type of apiary.)

I prefer DF-style apiaries, because it requires the player to put in the work of actually maintaining more than one hive at once. Nothing against Forestry, but... A lot against Forestry. It's a good adaptation of bees within vMC, but it definitely wouldn't fit here.

Also, DF-style apiaries would be much easier to manufacture (player-side. No idea as to the coding aspect of either type of apiary.)

Remember that bees are only an idea for now and need a lot of things to become official. They don't exist, so it's normal that you prefer the df or forestry bees.

Maybe beehives spawn in chunks with x number fruit trees and flowers. Bees will fly around the hive as particles, bees will visit fruit trees making said fruit trees grow its fruit quicker. When the bee gets back to the hive, some honey is produced. Every x number of days, the hive makes another bee particle group. (The particles act like any bee mob would)

good to see all the neat new ideas on my thread :)

Maybe beehives spawn in chunks with x number fruit trees and flowers. Bees will fly around the hive as particles, bees will visit fruit trees making said fruit trees grow its fruit quicker. When the bee gets back to the hive, some honey is produced. Every x number of days, the hive makes another bee particle group. (The particles act like any bee mob would)

Yes. This makes sense. Good, a very good idea involving fruit trees.

Yes. This makes sense. Good, a very good idea involving fruit trees.

Thanks, I'm just not sure if particles can act as a mob. Can they?

i think a moving texture would be better. I doubt particles could be manipulated that way, although a moving texture would only support bees on the faces, the middle would look rather empty...

Thanks, I'm just not sure if particles can act as a mob. Can they?

No, I don't think. Only entities can do this.

a entity could be made that consists of only a point where particles exist(think of blazes and endermen)

What if we just used a generic bee cloud mob which just a lot of particles rotating around a point. That would serve the same purpose easily.

To make things a little cleaner we could switch the flower texture to include multiple flowers. If possible we could make the bees 'land' that would also be a nice touch.

What if we just used a generic bee cloud mob which just a lot of particles rotating around a point. That would serve the same purpose easily.

To make things a little cleaner we could switch the flower texture to include multiple flowers. If possible we could make the bees 'land' that would also be a nice touch.

Do you mean a bee swarm? Yes, but every bee hive needs to have at least 2 of them, max 5.

Ok. Well, the bee hive already has a "Swarm" so to speak. In my idea there's a fictional swarm keeping the hive prepared (the particles around the hive) while there's another swarm pollinating and collecting honey making stuff. So, starts with 1 functional and keeps gaining after every x amount of honey produced. When there's 7 collector bees, two move away and form their own hive over a period of months.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0