Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Devlin

Dragons, ideas. community collaberation page

209 posts in this topic

Dragons are ... big, scaly vultures

I will hurt you.

As for the rest of you, just shut the fuck up and agree that dragons are sweet as all hell so I can get some damned rest instead of having to babysit you all. I'm not retyping the entire fucking Draconomicon here to settle things between you twats.

I will hurt you.

As for the rest of you, just shut the fuck up and agree that dragons are sweet as all hell so I can get some damned rest instead of having to babysit you all. I'm not retyping the entire fucking Draconomicon here to settle things between you twats.

To bad, its your unofficial job on these forums.

...sounds to me like enternal is whineing...

;)

To bad, its your unofficial job on these forums.

...sounds to me like enternal is whineing...

;)

to me, it sounds like you want your spine to be torn out and then to be beaten to death with it

http://images.mmorpg...3f7eb15f4d6.jpg

Demi god.

But I'll leave it to eternal.

Also, the chinease dragons were full on gods.

Congrats, you found one dragon that's a demi-god. That hardly proves that all dragons are.

agree that dragons are sweet as all hell

Oh, that they are. That they are.

Never said they weren't.

Congrats, you found one dragon that's a demi-god. That hardly proves that all dragons are.

Sorry, I meant to say elder dragons are demi gods. I really didn't mean to generalize.

And noodles, do I look like I give a flying fuck? Eternal is being a nincompoop and needs a friendly wake up call. So I did it.

And noodles, do I look like I give a flying fuck? Eternal is being a nincompoop and needs a friendly wake up call. So I did it.

well, its your funeral...

Eternal is being a nincompoop and needs a friendly wake up call. So I did it.

You've got quite a high opinion of yourself, don't you.

You must, to think you can 'do' anything, much less give me some manner of 'wakeup call'.

What did you think would happen, I'd suddenly be woken out of my perceived ignorance by your snappy wit? I'd admit my wrongs and ask to be your best friend? Then we'd have cake?

I neither want nor need to give you any kind of 'wake up' - you just keep right on dreaming, friend

You've got quite a high opinion of yourself, don't you.

You must, to think you can 'do' anything, much less give me some manner of 'wakeup call'.

What did you think would happen, I'd suddenly be woken out of my perceived ignorance by your snappy wit? I'd admit my wrongs and ask to be your best friend? Then we'd have cake?

I neither want nor need to give you any kind of 'wake up' - you just keep right on dreaming, friend

Really? I'm the one with a high opinion of my self? You're the one who is acting like you're some kind of authority here and that you're better then everyone else. While belittling me.

What so just because I'm not established on this forums means my opinions are worth less? Am I supposed to bow down and worship you like almost every other user on this forum? No. As far as I know, we're all equals on this forum unless we got a star under our name.

I agree with most of your ideas, but you're WRONG here. Frankly, I find your blatant negativity sickening.

Okay, guys, you know what? the best we can do right now is move this discussion to a private channel, so we don't clutter up the suggestion threads with this "personal"* discussion this is turning into.

*And i say personal because i couldn't find a better word :

Lock this please.

Lock this please.

I've moved this to private convo.

Since this is now confirmed as an upcoming feature, I'd like the thread to remain open in case someone has a really good idea to add

so... how 'bout them dragons.

Taking dunks teaser into account for direction, how big should they be?

Big enough to kill you if you piss one off, I would say about Skyrim size, they were big enough to be dangerous, but not too large to be invincible.

The new nether should be the naitive realm of dragons (among other monsters).

The new nether should be the naitive realm of dragons (among other monsters).

eghe,jeheghe

OHMYGODILOVEYOUSOMUCHRIGHTNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-squeeeeeeeeee-

That sounds about right arch.

I'm pretty sure dunk said something about no dragons or recognizable monsters in the nether. It's not supposed to be he'll he says, only a different strange dimension that you are never supposed to set foot in but do anyways. Besides (personal opinion here) what dunk said was absolutely

PERFECT. :D

Edit: his little teaser about dragons, not the nether. That was pretty cool too though.

1) Muscles add weight. A lot of weight. In fact, they're probably the densest organ in the entire body.

2) To counter, feel free to work out where all the musculature goes such that the wings and the forelegs are in the same relative body position (go on, I'll wait here for you to figure out that you need two sets of pectorals and that there's only one place to attach the not-a-limb end, and that the two limbs start interfering with each other)

3) Because the Discovery Channel way was backed by real science (cough, hydrogen balloon, cough)

4) I mentioned that film...where, exactly? (Red Herring Alert!)

take a step back, look at what you have written and then kick yourself in the face, because you still do not understand the difference between believability and realism. if it looks good, works properly and is well implemented so that it "feels" natural, the key word being "feels", natural to the game, then it is believable. all scientific and realism based arguments are meaningless. your arguement has just been made irrelevant. deal with it.

Just for the record, when I say 'dragons in the nether', I'm not talking about your typical European dragon.

I mean Cthulhudragon.

Just for the record, when I say 'dragons in the nether', I'm not talking about your typical European dragon.

I mean Cthulhudragon.

well now we're getting into this stuff

no mater how good he is, we cant go ripping off lovecraft

and if anything, that seems more like something from the end

the nether(if i am correctly informed) will be a fiery dimension full of volcanoes, rivers of lava, hellish crags and desolate wastelands kinda like the Black Land of Mordor

Hey, guys. Almost every culture had dragons, most never having any contact whatsoever. Maybe this means....

they were real? DUN DUN DUNNNNNN

'You see a snakelike body burst through the ceiling. It's covered with hundreds or raptorlike grasping arms and staring eyes leaking a sizzling green fluid.

The creatures head is capped with a 5-part jaw, dozens of tongues sliding out from in between its teeth. A drop or spittle lands next to you, and you see with horror a tiny eye in the spittle, staring at you.'

And that's only one tentacle.

the difference between believability and realism

Believable, Adjective:

Convincing or realistic.

'You see a snakelike body burst through the ceiling. It's covered with hundreds or raptorlike grasping arms and staring eyes leaking a sizzling green fluid.

The creatures head is capped with a 5-part jaw, dozens of tongues sliding out from in between its teeth. A drop or spittle lands next to you, and you see with horror a tiny eye in the spittle, staring at you.'

And that's only one tentacle.

cover that in eyes and you've got a deal

yknow i was reading lord of the rings and they were in moria and talking about the dark things in the bowels of the earth, i was thinking something like that could be down in the depths of tfc so that if you delve too deep, you risk disturbing the eldrich horrors that lie sleeping in the deep parts of the world