Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Devlin

Dragons, ideas. community collaberation page

209 posts in this topic

Only if it requires a group of people ala monster hunter to bring one down: giant swords, pit traps and paint balls.

Only if it requires a group of people ala monster hunter to bring one down: giant swords, pit traps and paint balls.

well i was more hoping that you wouldnt have to fight these dragons if you're smart

i was more thinking that you gain their trust by giving them gifts or answering their riddles and stuff like that, and maybe, just maybe, they will give you a gift if they like you enough

but if you piss them off, they will probably just eat you or stomp on you in an instant

Maybe there should be a smaller form of dragon or baby dragons that hang around near the bigger dragon's lair and feed off of his leftovers. And if you killed these small dragons they would rarely drop a dragon skull that you could place (like the new heads in mc) or ware as a helm that would be around the strength of red steel.

Maybe there should be a smaller form of dragon or baby dragons that hang around near the bigger dragon's lair and feed off of his leftovers. And if you killed these small dragons they would rarely drop a dragon skull that you could place (like the new heads in mc) or ware as a helm that would be around the strength of red steel.

...So basically, a dragon helmet that you can hang on the wall, and can give you insta- red steel like protection, even if you haven't reached steel yet?

On one hand, YES. I'm never gonna have it it Runescape -it's a member thing :-, but i want it somewhere...

On the other, it may be a good idea to make these little dragons a great enemy too, even if they are not invincible. Say, they fly, have similar stadistics to actual zombies -more armor due to scales-, attack like blaze bite you and can hold you, and ALSO if you attack one of the little ones, the other little ones will defend him. If you kileld them all, you could and would make the bigger one angry.

On the other, it may be a good idea to make these little dragons a great enemy too, even if they are not invincible. Say, they fly, have similar stadistics to actual zombies -more armor due to scales-, attack like blaze bite you and can hold you, and ALSO if you attack one of the little ones, the other little ones will defend him. If you kileld them all, you could and would make the bigger one angry.

Yep, and maybe the big dragon would send them at you at some point during the fight, but if you found and murdered them all beforehand you woul't have to worry about it. :)

Yep, and maybe the big dragon would send them at you at some point during the fight, but if you found and murdered them all beforehand you woul't have to worry about it. :)

myeeeeeeaaaahhhhh why does everyone talk about fighting the dragon? why cant you guys try and befreind it?

myeeeeeeaaaahhhhh why does everyone talk about fighting the dragon? why cant you guys try and befreind it?

Cuz I wants it's delicious body parts :P. Mmmmmm....

Cuz I wants it's delicious body parts :P. Mmmmmm....

on the contrary, i belive its the other way around

I think dragons should be climate-specific. Icy dragons, sandy serpents, mountainous titans, and the friendliest dragons would have some connection to plants, as in forests.

I think dragons should be climate-specific. Icy dragons, sandy serpents, mountainous titans, and the friendliest dragons would have some connection to plants, as in forests.

eh i was more thinking 2 or 3,

overworld dragons. massive and wize, but be respectful or they will sit on you

Nether dragons: evil, fiery, dangerous, what most people think of when they hear dragons

Undead/End-esque dragon: unspeakable beasts from the depths of the void/ender/underworld that are nothing to mess with, if you do, you die

Me pokey that suggestion noodles, me pokey very much.

*poke* >:3

WTF spellcheck? Seriously? "leik" does not equal "poke", nor pokey! 0.o

Anywho, I really LIKE (happy spellcheck?) that suggestion noodles.

This would take far too much coding but what if dragon types corresponded with metal types. Although i don't think dunk would like making that many skins it would still be pretty awesome though. As far as i know its pretty original too.

Umm....if they get hoardes off stuff....then i would like to see some kind of item for that...because if for example the dragon would hoard metals...well...he wouldn't gather the ores and place them in his livingroom right?! :D he probably wouldn't use a chest either...i mean imagine him to open it:D there wouldn't be much of the chest left:D

some kind of a "treasure pile" entity should be introduced:D basically just a big heap of stuff...with an inventory like a chest? and if you take everything it disappears...

i guess blocks would look a bit awkward because they'd have to have the texture of a pile while really being a block..

which would kinda look like those garbage blocks...if you know what i mean......Wall-E also makes them:D

Edit:

uuhm...didnt dunk say they'd only be in the arctic circle?! that would actually make it interesting to go there....

Maybe the strongest and most wise could be there, but I think a variety would make it more interesting. We could have Wryms, Drakes, those aztec/mayan ones with feathers. And they could each appear in a specific "biome" type. Maybe each "biome" (or area, whatever we are calling them) would have, say, a 1% chance of having a dragon lair somewhere in it, (the type of dragon would depend on it's surroundings)

-------

So, for example,

Dragon (four-legged, European) - Appear in mountain areas and at the poles, with a cave and a treasure hoard. Neutral mob, but very powerful when angry. This would be the wise old dragon that has been suggested before.

Wyvern (Two-legged, skyrim) - Appears in Mountainous areas, at the poles, deserts, and in plains. is generally found flying around, no defined home. Generally hostile. Varied types, ice, fire, other. Most common and weakest dragon. but can still kick your ass if you are unprepared.

Quetzalcoatl (no legs) - Appears in Jungle areas. Usually Hostile. Similar to the Wyvern in behavior.

-------

couldn't think of more, please feel free to add some

hmmmmm...

i DO like the idea...but if there are to many it wouldn't be so interesting and mysterious....soo...

it shouldn't end up like in skyrim, where they had so many that it became kinda boring...and too normal to see a dragon...

after a while i was just like.."oh a dragon...not worth my time..."

No, they would still be VERRRRY rare, when i say most common (for wyverns) i mean more like, how often you would see a charged creeper, or overland pigman, same for Quetzalcoatls. And Four-legged dragons would be as rare or rarer than a stronghold.

Quetzalcoatl (no legs) - Appears in Jungle areas. Usually Hostile. Similar to the Wyvern in behavior.

"No, they should be serpent like, have feathers and do to you what you do to them, because that is how they were in Sudamerican mithology"

As i said before, sudamerican dragons are NOT hostile : they are more like mirrors: what you do is what you see. They would be neutral. Also, Quetzacoatl was one of the aztec gods, which happened to be a dragon as well. And, according to the legends, yes, it used to be found flying around, HOWEVER, he had a home, and if he was flying he would be found higher than the clouds.

Also:

Hydra (four/two-legged, multiple heads): Appears in swamp biomes, very hostile with anything close to it -aka, any mob that comes near an hydra would be doomed-. Usually found hunting, it's a very active being, due to have so much heads to feed.

Scylla* (four fins, multiple heads): Appears in ocean biomes, very hostile as well. Similar behaviour to the Hydra, when killed you can get lots of fish -And when i say lots, they are LOTS-

*This one is the version AoM made for it, adapted to TFC :

As i said before, sudamerican dragons are NOT hostile : they are more like mirrors: what you do is what you see. They would be neutral. Also, Quetzacoatl was one of the aztec gods, which happened to be a dragon as well. And, according to the legends, yes, it used to be found flying around, HOWEVER, he had a home, and if he was flying he would be found higher than the clouds.

Also:

Hydra (four/two-legged, multiple heads): Appears in swamp biomes, very hostile with anything close to it -aka, any mob that comes near an hydra would be doomed-. Usually found hunting, it's a very active being, due to have so much heads to feed.

Scylla* (four fins, multiple heads): Appears in ocean biomes, very hostile as well. Similar behaviour to the Hydra, when killed you can get lots of fish -And when i say lots, they are LOTS-

*This one is the version AoM made for it, adapted to TFC :

I imagine hydra brains are fairly small, so I'd think # of heads has less to do with it, it only has one body after all.

I thought Scylla was a lady who was composed of dogs below the waist.

Could make dragon lairs something that spawn in caves like the abandoned mineshafts or dungeons. They'd be larger caves with bones on the ground (same as loose stone only gives bones when broken) and fewer stalagmites and stalactites down the middle where the dragon itself moves around more. This would make dragons rarer to find and harder to get to, as you'd have to make your way through many other mobs and dangerous pitfalls before you could even find the cave itself. The idea of the color of the dragon being based on local mineral content mentioned earlier is also pretty badass. It provides diversity to the mob and gives each encounter a bit of a unique feel. "Wow just found a sphalerite dragon!", "Oh that's nothing, a couple weeks ago I found a galena dragon."

The idea of the color of the dragon being based on local mineral content mentioned earlier is also pretty badass. It provides diversity to the mob and gives each encounter a bit of a unique feel. "Wow just found a sphalerite dragon!", "Oh that's nothing, a couple weeks ago I found a galena dragon."

And it also gives players a rather dangerous way to prospect :P 'cause you won't find a galena dragon if there isn't galena around...

Yes, it is. In the greek mithology. However, as i clarified earlier, i took the Age Of Mithology version here, because it fits a little better here.

Ok, my bad JAG, i only did some preliminary research, wikipedia is a horrible place for info on dragons, but it's all I had time for in-between classes. So, yeah, maybe Quetzacoatl would be a unique dragon (big, badass, and following aztec legend) and then there would be smaller "children" (?) that are similar to him, but smaller and more like wyvern in behavior.

You say, like... as a boss?

If killing Quetzacoatl is gonna be the -or an- objective in TFC, i think it will become a minecraft, aztec version of God of War... i mean, not that it wouldn't be cool -in fact, it would be AWESOME-, but i don't think TFC is trying to be exactly that xD

So, for example,

Dragon (four-legged, European) - Appear in mountain areas and at the poles, with a cave and a treasure hoard. Neutral mob, but very powerful when angry. This would be the wise old dragon that has been suggested before.

Wyvern (Two-legged, skyrim) - Appears in Mountainous areas, at the poles, deserts, and in plains. is generally found flying around, no defined home. Generally hostile. Varied types, ice, fire, other. Most common and weakest dragon. but can still kick your ass if you are unprepared.

Quetzalcoatl was a deity, however his servants the Coatls, which looked similar to Quetzal himself but smaller and less awesome, would be viable creatures

No, they would still be VERRRRY rare, when i say most common (for wyverns) i mean more like, how often you would see a charged creeper, or overland pigman, same for Quetzalcoatls. And Four-legged dragons would be as rare or rarer than a stronghold.

...only 3 strongholds generate per world. Ever. It's a set value. It's not like a game saying 'health pickups only spawn 0.00001% of the time', it's more like 'here's 10 health kits. There are no pickups. I'd avoid monsters if I were you'. So strongholds can't really be said to be 'rare'.

Scylla was a horrible sea monster with four eyes, six long necks equipped with grisly heads, each of which contained three rows of sharp teeth. Her body consisted of twelve tentacle-like legs and a cat's tail and with four to six dog-heads ringing her waist

-Wikipedia

That said, I dislike the hydra/scylla idea. The models and hitboxes would be ridiculous

JAG- Quetzlcoatl, shouldnt be a boss, just a more powerful mob that has a chance to generate, in the same vein as the dragons dunk hinted at. Similar to how Wyverns are to dunk's dragons, so there would be Quetzlcoatl and then Coatls, as eternal mentioned. Killing dragons shouldn't be a game "ending" objective or any sort of objective. It could, however, become a profession, like black-smithing, or lumber jacking.

Eternal- Ok, my bad, I was trying to relate it to something most people would get. But yeah, a random spawn would be MUCH better than just 3 per world.